Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 06:33 AM   #1
BeenHereB4
I'm not really new :)

Does Walmart have back to school deals this week?

My husband chose that advertisement to use under his painting job this weekend and I think I see the 30 cent school supplies advertised. Walmart.com will not let me pull up an ad for my area. Anyone have any ideas on this? If they are on sale, I'll head out there today - just don't want to make an unnecessary trip.

Thanks!!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
MoniqueU
Anything with Malibu in it is great for me
Ask me about my "eyebrows"
Was blinded for several minutes after blowing on it

I was in a superwalmart yesterday and I did ask but they said the stuff wasn't out on the floor yet. It was in palm springs california a retirement community so that may of had something to do with it.
MoniqueU is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
GoofyFairie
DIS Veteran

I saw a one page color ad in my PARADE issue in my Sunday paper yesterday. It is 70 page spiral notebooks for .25 each, 4 ounce Elmers glue bottle for .30 each, and 24 count Crayola crayons for .30 each. Nothing else is advertised.

I've been Boo'd! Thank you suprgrlx! And agnes!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow and tomorrow's just a dream away!
GoofyFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #4
Parksfamily5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyFairie View Post
I saw a one page color ad in my PARADE issue in my Sunday paper yesterday. It is 70 page spiral notebooks for .25 each, 4 ounce Elmers glue bottle for .30 each, and 24 count Crayola crayons for .30 each. Nothing else is advertised.

That is about all they had on sale at my Walmart in Ohio. I read somewhere that the deals wouldn't be as good this year on school supplies. I am not sure where I read that or what the reasoning was.
I know these prices are higher than last year but I am wondering if it is just because they are just getting the stuff out or if it is because prices in general will be higher this year.
Parksfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
Microcell
No, no,no, those red signs with the word STOP on them are optional if they have a white border.
I hope you like Debbie Gibson? I did not and got busted at a DECA National Convention for skipping her concert!

I dunno about that, but I will say that I don't think that is the lowest they will go.. Last year they started at these prices and then went down. I plan to get some at these prices, but am holding out for much cheaper...

Walgreens is a good ad to watch too, they sometimes go cheaper than Walmart in July and August!
Microcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
Parksfamily5
Mouseketeer

My Cvs did have some good deals for Free pencils, pencil sharpeners and tape yesterday. They also had some good deals on highlighters. The manager told me that they would be featuring different supplies each week.
Parksfamily5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
momof1princess
i feel like i'm going to explode if i don't get it out right that second!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcell View Post
I dunno about that, but I will say that I don't think that is the lowest they will go.. Last year they started at these prices and then went down. I plan to get some at these prices, but am holding out for much cheaper...

Walgreens is a good ad to watch too, they sometimes go cheaper than Walmart in July and August!
Walgreens will have 4 pack expo dry erase markers (lots of schools put these on supply lists) for $1.99 7/12-7/18.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: