Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

Did we bring enough lime-green mickey heads? It would appear so....*FINISHED! 9/29 **

Well, we're back We've actually been back for a week, but since we've been at DH's family visiting, this is the first chance I've gotten to sit and right!

WHO: Me (mmtska) a 29 Disney-holic who has a serious love for Sleeping Beauty and Marie from Aristocats. This was my first trip since senior trip and boy were things different.

DH-a 23 year old Sailor in the US Navy. I'm pretty sure I'm turning him into a Disney lover. I even got him to finally pick a favorite Disney character this time around Thank you Grumpy

WHAT: Our 2nd anniversary trip. We were married in 2007 and have spent the past 2 years living in Okinawa, Japan-thank you Navy...

WHERE: Coronado Springs resort. I'll spill more later into my TR, but we LOVED the CSR!!

WHEN: June 22-27 and it was HOT!!!

Although I've written a Pre-TR and a Live TR, I figured this way I could get all pictures, info, reviews and so on into an actual TR. So much to tell!! Better get started Enjoy!! We did

Away we go! And ME of course
Checking in at the CSR
MK and Dinner awaits!
Our anniversary at Narcoosee's
PhotoPass is your friend
MK part 1
MK part 2
Crystal Palace Dinner
Animal Kingdom
Epcot and Akershus dinner with Princesses
Hollywood Studios-or the BEST DAY EVER!
Hollywood Studios-part deux
Epcot and the Garden Grill
Our last day-Epcot and MK
Bye Bye Disney

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads

Last edited by mmtska; 09-29-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read. And, again, I am SOOOOOOOOO happy you loved CSR! It makes my heart sing and dance knowing someone else has found in it what we have.
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Your title totally made me click on your TR! Love it!

We were down there the same time (6/20-6/26), and yes, HOT doesn't even begin to describe it. It felt like walking out into an oven most days!
Old 07-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading all about your Disney adventures!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
mmtska

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I can't wait to read. And, again, I am SOOOOOOOOO happy you loved CSR! It makes my heart sing and dance knowing someone else has found in it what we have.
We completely understand why you love it so much! We stayed in the dreaded (whatever!) Ranchos and loved every bit of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Your title totally made me click on your TR! Love it!

We were down there the same time (6/20-6/26), and yes, HOT doesn't even begin to describe it. It felt like walking out into an oven most days!
LOL! I was hoping it was a catchy title I felt like a roasted chicken at the end of every day.....I don't sweat like that in a sauna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Looking forward to reading all about your Disney adventures!

Thanks for reading I wish we were still there.....

Old 07-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
mmtska

The way there....including some ME action :)

Well, I don't even know where to begin, but Julie Andrews said it the best "Let's start at the beginning, a very good place to start." So to begin, let's just say-I love Julie Andrews. The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins are 2 of my favorite movies of all times. Just had to share

We lucked out and scored a direct flight from Pittsburgh to Orlando. Since DH flew all the way from Japan and we were leaving the next day, we stayed at the airport Hyatt. Talk about feeling out of place.....but that's ok, because the next day, it was a very easy start. As you can imagine, about 75% of the plane was going to Disney. And half of those people were wearing Stanley Cup champions shirts-still don't know if they were all from one family, but if they were.....serious Grand Gathering! Everyone checking into AirTran that morning had ME stickers on their luggage! We were the only ones with the LGMH hanging off of ours

So first review: Magical Express. My impression? AWESOME! We got of the plane (I had to make a pit stop at LUSH though since I forgot shampoo) and meandered over to the ME check-in spot. And this is where I felt dumb. I had read on here, that you check in, and the rest of your party chills out to wait. Um, not when we went. We both went straight through and wound our way through until we got to the CSR spot. First in line! Turned out we shared that bus with 3 other lines, but that's ok. We got on, got seated, and away we went.

Yes we stopped at a couple other resorts. The only one I remember though is the CBR which looked really neat from the bus...... We continued on to CSR, and as soon as we turned in I was loving it!! Back to the ME though-the bus driver was very nice and helpful, and our bag made it to the room! I don't know how long it took because we got into the room, changed and headed out. We kept everything we needed in our carry-ons so we didn't have to worry about it.

So I would give the ME an A. No problems, and so much easier than renting a car! Especially since I get lost.....

Old 07-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #7
mmtska

I am SO sorry that I haven't updated in awhile. I've been spending time with family the last few days, and haven't been online much. I left my parents' house to go to San Francisco, and then I'll be heading back to Okinawa. Once I get there I'll have a lot more free time! I'll have more report and more pictures then.

I just haven't been in the mood to really write-I really miss my family and leaving was really hard. But I will be back soon! Thank you for reading, and see you in a few days

Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
PalmettoPrincess
DIS Veteran

For some reason I thought that Akershus had character dining only for breakfast and lunch? Learned something new! lol!

And wow! That's so cool that you got to be the family of the day at DHS! I bet it was really nice, especially all those extra perks they gave you! Gotta love Disney! How did you like RnRc? I've never been on it, and I'm nervous... do you recommend the front or the back? I'm assuming sitting towards the front would be better....

Hope you had a safe trip home
Old 08-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
dd50
DIS Veteran

How cool is that to help open Hollywood Studios.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:43 AM   #10
mmtska

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoPrincess View Post
For some reason I thought that Akershus had character dining only for breakfast and lunch? Learned something new! lol!

And wow! That's so cool that you got to be the family of the day at DHS! I bet it was really nice, especially all those extra perks they gave you! Gotta love Disney! How did you like RnRc? I've never been on it, and I'm nervous... do you recommend the front or the back? I'm assuming sitting towards the front would be better....

Hope you had a safe trip home
Yes! Akershus has characters all day long. I know some people have mentioned picky-ness about the food but I am a VERY picky eater, and I found a lot on the buffet to enjoy, and the pork chop was yuuuuuummy!!

I LOVED RnRC. I'm a total coaster freak though-Cedar Point (the #1 roller coaster park) is a few hours from my house back home and I went there every year from 1992-2007. Still bummed I didn't get to when I was home this summer. It's not a terribly scary coaster at all to me. It's in the dark, so you can't see where you are going, but in the front you get a better view of all the fun signs and glow-in-the-dark stuff. Yes it goes upside down, but that is so quick you barely notice it!!

I did have a safe trip-LONG-home so thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
How cool is that to help open Hollywood Studios.
It really was the absolute best part of the week!

I'm back completely now!! I haven't spent much time online at all since I've been back to Okinawa. Too much has been going on, and my friends are all occupying my time. Now that I have a bit of time, I am going to at least finish my day at HS while I'm on here!!!

Thank you all again for reading.....here we goooooooooooooo!

Old 07-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Nice report so far. Looking forward to more.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
mmtska

Ah....the Magic Kingdom

Our first full day!! Here's what we had planned:

Show up for Rope Drop around 730-am EMH hours
Use Ridemax to the best of our ability
Eat wherever for lunch
Use free time from Ridemax to do whatever
Eat at Crystal Palace
Finish Ridemax Plan.

And here's what ACTUALLY happened (and why I love Ridemax)

So I was WIDE awake at 630 trying to wake (unsuccessfully I might add) DH up so he could get ready. Apparently my memory wasn't working because I forgot how long he takes to get ready in the morning. So running behind already. We get to the bus stop around 715.

The nice thing about the CSR are how close the bus stops are-at least IMO. Ours was maybe a 2 minute walk away, and right in the middle. The chances of us not getting seats to the parks were pretty slim. Another plus to the Ranchos.

We got to MK about 15-20 minutes before the Park opened, got through the turnstiles and lined up. I don't know how many people were ahead of us under the train station or whatever, but there weren't a HUGE amount standing outside. Ok, when people say go to the left LISTEN!!! DH figured since we were going to be heading to the right when we got in the park we should line up over there. I told him we should go to the left. And here's why that was a good idea.

Here's the line on the right-right before you enter under the train station.

Here's where we were-on the left
We actually ended standing by the guy in the backpack before we went in so we were a little further up. Plus there weren't that many people behind us!!

The day was really gloomy. It had rained and everything was still wet. The sun was still hiding so it looked to be a really blah day. A couple minutes after we got there, the sun bursts out of hiding and the music for the opening starts. I kid you not-it was PERFECT timing! Everyone around us was like WHOA!! The guy in the backpack goes-man, Disney really knows how to make an 'entrance'. Even has the sun under its control! It was so cool and then Mary Poppins and Alice and a bunch of other characters came out with the family of the day and Mickey at the end of course!

I didn't get a really good picture because we were right under them

Then into the park!! It was like the running of the bulls-but with fast walking.

However, when we got to this part of the park-you can see how busy it....wasn't. I can't really tell where that was, but I was just amused that it was that dead!

We headed over to Winnie the Pooh and ended up being the 2nd group in line! I have to say that I was spoiled by going to Tokyo Disney first. There, you have no track that you can see. They send 3 or 4 'hunny pots' in at a time, and they travel along to each scene. Then you move randomly around so you're in a different position in each scene. When Tigger comes out you really bounce up and down! The heffalumps and woozles in Pooh's dream are a lot more interesting too

After we got off of there, we headed off to Snow White and did that, BTMR and Splash all in about 45 minutes. At this point we're ahead of the Ridemax schedule and PotC was listed next-well Adventureland didn't even open for 45 minutes. So off we went to the HM. We figured if there wasn't a long line we could ride it. I'm pretty sure 5 minutes was doable I love that ride-the stretching room makes me giggle.

Off to PotC! This is my favorite Disney ride-since I was 3 so nothing can touch it. I remember it being less PC-and I think it was better that way, but Capt. Jack and Barbossa being added is pretty cool. We counted-they say Dead men tell no tales' at least 7 times that you can hear by the time you cross under Davy Jones. Slightly repetitive

After that we hit Jungle Cruise-the longest wait of the day. Still, 30 minutes isn't bad at all! This I liked better than Tokyo-for the entire reason that I could understand what was going on. Very helpful heh.

When JC was done, Ridemax had us with free time. HA! So we decided to see what we could ride without too much wait time. We managed to hit every other ride that was on our list! Well minus the carousel, but that's ok. Even the tea cups didn't have a long wait. While we were there, we saw Alice ride with a little girl. The girl was so happy! We got to meet Alice afterwards.

We ended up just walking around after that. Luckily we went around the castle and lo and behold, Lady Tremaine and the Stepsisters were there! Now this is where I felt bad. I made an autograph book with character pictures in it. I hadn't read of these ladies being anywhere but 1900 PF, and we weren't going there.....so I didn't put their pictures in the book. So they made me draw them a page! Then of course I took too long so they started being all rude and everything (and I'm laughing too hard) and Anastasia drew their pictures instead. I look stupid in the picture but here it is. Drucsilla was killing me though! I have to say, this was my absolute favorite character interaction. Hysterical!!

Ok more later. I had to rewrite the 2nd half of the report so I'm typed out!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #13
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Great update. The Stepfamily is awesome. You should post the pictures that you and Anastasia drew.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #14
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

Sorry I am so clueless - but what is Ridemax????

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
Old 07-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Whoa, that lobster looks yummy! What a great view of the Castle too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: