Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Embassy Suites Anaheim South Review W/Pics

Embassy Suites Anaheim South is on Harbor Blvd, about a mile from DLR. We spent a week there for our 20th Anniversary trip. We chose it because we wanted a nice and roomy place but didn't want to pay the DLR hotel prices. I thought I would post a review because before we went I couldn't really find out much about it.

We used the AAA discount to get the room for $151 a night. There is a parking fee of $6 a day but we didn't pay that because we booked before it went into effect.

Here is our king sized bed.

And the other side of the bedroom.

I liked having the king sized bed, but it was shorter than ours at home. Not really a problem for us because we are not tall people. The bed was not as comfortable as I like because at home we have a memory foam pad on our bed. I like a very soft bed. DH thought it was fine.

Here is the living room. As you can see, each suite (all the rooms are suites) has two tvs. This came in handy when I woke up at 4am with one of my really bad headaches. I was able to go out and watch tv without disturbing DH. The sofa also has a hideaway bed if you need it.

Each room also has a litle "kitchen". More of a bar, really. It has a sink, a small refrigerator, and a microwave under the counter. This area can also be used for getting ready in the morning if someone is in the shower since it also has a sink and a mirror.

The view from our room was not the best. We looked out over an empty lot that used to be some sort of golf driving range. I can think of a lot of things that would be great to put in that spot. A Starbucks and small grocery store for starters. When DH saw the picture he thought something was wrong with the camera because it had a stripe at the top. I told him that was the sky and he didn't believe me until I showed him out the window. The ground is so flat. Where we live you see hills everywhere you look.

DLR is off to the far right of the pic. We could see some of the fireworks if you pressed your face against the glass. Wish we had a room on the other side of the hotel that faced that way!

I don't have a bathroom pic, but it was nice. The shower curtain rod was curved so that the curtain didn't get sucked into the shower like sometimes happens when the rod is straight.

I will have to finish my review later and I will post more pics of the lobby. It was very cool!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

It is a nice hotel, I just wish it were a little closer.

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
PinkBudgie

Yes, it is a little too far to walk if you are walking all day in the parks. On Saturday we had a blockout day, so we walked to Garden Walk and looked around, and from there walked over to DTD since we couldn't go in the park. After looking around there we returned to Garden Walk and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. We had never been. It was very good and the inside was very ornate. We then walked back. It was probably about 3 miles total. Fine for a day we weren't walking in the parks.

Driving was very easy! Turn right on Harbor, right on Chapman, right on West. West turns into Disneyland Dr. First thing in the moring, the Pinocchio entrance was open. So just turn left on Magic Way and go in to park. We prefer this to the parking garage. To leave, turn left on Magic way, right on Disneyland Dr. Left on Orangewood, right on Harbor, then right into the hotel. It only took a few minutes. When we left at 8:30pm one night, we took the tram to the lot, then drove to a gas station, then to our hotel and we were in our room by 9pm. Coming or going even on busy days we never had to wait for more than one tram.

Back to the hotel.

They have a Disneyland Ticket desk. We had APs so we didn't need it.

The lobby looks like a jungle, with paths, a waterfall, and creek. Tables are scattered through out the area.

The view from outside our room on the 12th floor.

Glass elevators let you look out while you ride.

They also have a lion that roars.

And real turtles and fish.

Breakfast is amazing and is another main reason we stayed there. Every morning they offer a free breakfast. You can have an omlett made to order or choose scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, pancakes, french toast, donughts, muffins, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, tea, juice, to name some of the items.

DH always took a cup of coffee to go when we went to DLR. Breakfast starts at 6:30am. In the evening they have a manger's reception. Adults can get one free drink and anyone get all the soda and snacks they want. (pop corn and a nut and cracker mix). Next to the soda they had a fruit syrup so you can mix your own Shirley Temple. We only did this on Sat night since we were blocked out. Otherwise, we were at DLR.

Anyway, we loved it and would stay again. I'd say the only draw back is not being close enough to walk easily. There is an ART bus that comes there. We saw people waiting for it. But we prefer to drive ourselves. It would be a great choice for a family of 5 because you get two rooms and can have a total of three beds- two queens and a hideaway. We liked the breakfast because it was fast and had protein to keep us going through the morning. Because it was free you didn't have to wait to pay and wait to be served. You can grab your food and go if you want.

Anyway, if you don't mind staying a mile from DLR, then I reccomend Embassy Suites Anaheim South.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
pinkblush
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much for your review and for the pics! We are staying at the Embassy in August, so your information was super helpful!

Last edited by pinkblush; 07-04-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: spelling!
pinkblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
debdreamsofdis
DIS Veteran

We love staying at Embassy Suites! There is plenty of room for our family of 6. The made to order omelets are awesome. Last time we stayed at Anaheim South, it was kind of a madhouse at breakfast in the morning. Once or twice we couldn't find a table, so we just took the food up to our room. We also would always grab an extra piece of fruit, some bread and pb&j and jelly and make our own sandwiches to eat for lunch later in the day-worked for us.

My lids LOVE the koi pond in the lobby. I don't know if they do it at this location, but sometimes you can get fish food to feed the fish. My kids would end up naming the fish and making sure they fed them everyday while we stayed there.

I'm sad to hear about a parking fee there now. We always drive and liked the fact that we didn't have to pay for parking at the hotel. How are they enforcing it? When we stayed there, it was just an open parking lot and we had to share spaces with the guests at the Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton. Do they have the lot blocked off so only paying guests can use it now?
debdreamsofdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
PinkBudgie

They give everyone a parking pass to hang on your mirror or on the dash board while you are parked there. I assume all the hotels have these. You could park anywhere around there you wanted. In fact, we never had trouble finding a parking spot, but some of them were very narrow and we even brought our little Honda Civic since it was just the two of us. It was odd, some rows where had narrow spaces, and others didn't so you just have to look. Off to the side of the hotel there were lots of empty spaces. I was under the impression that the parking fee is something the city of Garden Grove just passed in March.

They had signs that said don't feed the fish they are on a special diet. But I don't know if you could ask to feed them their food or not. It didn't occur to me.

Pinkblush- you're welcome. I just wanted to put something together because I couldn't find much about it on here when we went.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: