Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

A Dis meet, loopy luau, and 1900 PF fight all on our June trip~plus more!'10 PTR link

I'm home!

We officially got home about 5 hours ago. I can't believe the trip has already come and gone! I'll start the TR with an intro since I have yet to upload all the pics!

Dates: June 20-July 2. We were at WDW June 22-July 1.

Where: 2 bedroom villa at OKW.

Who: Me (Tinkgurl), B/F, Sis, Mom, & Dad.

Coming up: Day 1: Leaving Home

Last edited by tinkgurl; 10-15-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Woohoo!! A new trip report!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see all your pics!! Oooo and your title is very suspenseful!! There's going to be some good stories from your trip, I can tell!! And hey, I'm the first one to post, woohoo to me!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2009, 09:57 PM   #3
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

a fight at 1900 PF? can't wait to see what that's about! juicy stuff!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
NotSoEvilStepmother
*Not a real stepmother*

I can't wait to read all about your trip. I'll try to keep up with it better than your PTR. Lol.
Mom, My Hand's Smell--A First Timer's Trip Report--Now Complete
Old 07-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Woohoo!! A new trip report!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip and see all your pics!! Oooo and your title is very suspenseful!! There's going to be some good stories from your trip, I can tell!! And hey, I'm the first one to post, woohoo to me!!
Hey! Woo! The 1st to post! Can't wait to start sharing pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
a fight at 1900 PF? can't wait to see what that's about! juicy stuff!
Dawn! It was so good to meet you! I wasn't ready for our night to end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoEvilStepmother View Post
I can't wait to read all about your trip. I'll try to keep up with it better than your PTR. Lol.
Haha, I hope so!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Aww that is so cool you and Dawn got to meet!!!

Can't wait to hear about this fight lol!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #7
stace208
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I can't wait to read about your trip...sounds like some good stories are coming!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to this and welcome home!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
H20DogsNDisney
DIS Veteran

Welcome home!

Hallie
Old 07-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #10
LaurenMic
LaurenMic

Welcome home tink!! Sounds like you had a great trip, I can't wait to hear all about it! The pics you posted of everyone are so cute. I can't wait to hear about this fight!!

As promised, I did not do too much of my TR while you were gone
Old 07-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Subbing in, can't wait to go back and do some reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
OK, caught up! Can't wait to read more!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I'm in. You haven't even left your house yet so I'm not too late.
Hey Jill! Yeah..sorry..we're slow on uploading the pics onto the computer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20DogsNDisney View Post
Welcome home!
Hey! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenMic View Post
Welcome home tink!! Sounds like you had a great trip, I can't wait to hear all about it! The pics you posted of everyone are so cute. I can't wait to hear about this fight!!

As promised, I did not do too much of my TR while you were gone
Hey girl, glad you made it over. Thanks for not doing too much while I was gone. Haha.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #12
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize you had already started your TR. I hope you had a wonderful trip. You and your sister take the best pictures together. It's great that you two are so close!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Oh my goodness! I didn't realize you had already started your TR. I hope you had a wonderful trip. You and your sister take the best pictures together. It's great that you two are so close!
Aw thanks! Glad you made it over!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #14
tinkgurl

Day 1: Saturday, June 20

Of course, the night before every trip, I toss and turn while TRYING to get some shut eye. It’s so hard to though because I know I’m going to my favorite place! So, finally the alarm goes off at 4:45 a.m. Yes, you read that right. 4:45 a.m.! That’s the only time I’ll voluntarily wake up that early! Ha.

After getting ready and getting the last minute stuff loaded into the car, we were pulling out of the driving at 6:05 a.m. Doing good and on schedule so far! We drove about an hour or so before stopping at our usual Bob Evans to eat our first breakfast of the trip.

And this is when the boredom kicks in. Haha. It’s great driving to WDW because we have our car and we can pack whatever, but the drive sometimes drives us crazy! Luckily, I brought a TON of magazines-especially ones featuring stories about the whole Jon & Kate fiasco! Also, I was lucky enough to talk to xoktnox through texting most of the car rides too! She kept me sane! Ha.

After a few hours of driving, we stopped for gas and B/F just HAD to buy a lottery ticket. He did it while I was in the bathroom because he knew I’d tell him he was wasting his money! Well, he was so proud of himself because he won $5. Haha. $5! He would’ve been happy winning $.50 or something just to prove to me he got something out of it.

We finally made it to Nashville around 3:10 p.m. We checked into a super nice hotel/suites at the Courtyard Mariott. The room was so nice! It had a bedroom with 2 beds, a bathroom, a little kitchenette area, and a living room (which Sis slept on the pull out couch). The only bad part when we first got there was the fact that the A/C wasn’t working and Sis’s pull out didn’t have any bedding or anything. So Dad called the front desk and within 5 minutes a guy was at the door to fix the A/C and a lady was there with the bed stuff for the pull out! We were impressed!

After the A/C was fixed, we headed out to the mall. We LOVE this mall. We always park outside of Rainforest Café. B/F and I headed to Master Cuts first, while everyone else started shopping. They were looking for some cute clothes for Sis’s Senior pictures. When we got to Master Cuts, it was a 20 minute wait, which was fine with us since we really had nothing else to do at the time. They have glass walls looking out towards the mall there, so I sat there and was looking for some of my DIS’ers that I was planning on meeting later but didn’t see anyone!

After his haircut was finished, we just walked around. Eventually, Sis called us around 5:30 and told us to meet them outside of Rainforest Café because we were all hungry by this point! Okay, now I have to say-I’m proud of myself this trip…I kept track of what everyone ate at every meal! Just for you guys! This meal, Dad had pizza, Mom had coconut shrimp, B/F had a burger, and Sis and I both had the Planet Earth Pasta. We also got cheese sticks for an appetizer as well.

We were done eating around 6:20, so I knew we had about 10 minutes to spare before the DIS’ers started meeting by the hippo. We looked around the gift shop and B/F bought a cool shirt. As we were leaving the cash register, I saw Jill and Brooklynn at the penny machine! I walked up to them and started talking to them and eventually everyone else started coming over. Of course, my Dad being the talkative person that he is, just talked them up a storm! Sorry guys! Haha. He’d go to tell them a story and I’d be like, “Dad, they already know about that.” Haha. Dad asked everyone where they were from and after Dawn said her answer, I had to say “Can’t you tell?!” because she has the cutest accent ever!

But as MeMom said to us, We really are like a little family on the DIS. It was so great to meet everyone in person. And it was so weird, because it felt like we have known each other all of our lives. It wasn’t that awkward first meeting that I was afraid of.

Eventually, we started taking pictures of the group. Of course, my Dad was more than happy taking them all. Here we are: Me, Jill & Brooklynn, MeMom & Bella, Vandyfan10, punkin413, all7ofus, maroo, and Lauren!

After that, we went our separate ways. Well some of us…Haha. My family and I made our way to the Disney store and 2 seconds behind us was Jill, MeMom, the 2 girls, and Vandyfan10, and punkin413. We looked around the store and talked some more. Dawn (punkin413) showed me some pictures on her camera of baby Then, it was time to officially say goodbye. I didn’t want to yet. It was so nice to finally see them all. I really hope we can do another meet again next year!

We went to another store for Sis and she bought a few things. By this time, we were all getting REALLY tired so we headed back to the room to get ready for bed. Eventually, we were all in our beds and fell asleep watching the movie ‘National Treasure’ on t.v.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #15
tinkgurl

Day 3 *continued*: Monday, June 22

So we left off with both the Haunted Mansion AND Peter Pan being closed down! We were hoping that this wasn’t a sign of things to come for the rest of our trip! We decided that maybe Tomorrowland would be less busy because Fantasyland was PACKED.

I have to admit, walking into Tomorrowland was SO weird with both the People Mover (okay, okay- the TTA!) and Space Mountain being closed down for rehab! And I also have to admit, we went through serious People Mover withdrawals this trip! We were missing it SOOO much!

We headed over to Buzz and it was only a 20 minute wait so we got in line. I’m so glad that they fixed the walls in the queue area. Last year, the walls were getting so bad from people peeling the paint off! It made me so sad that people would do something like that to WDW! I was texting xoktnox at this time telling her that I was bound and determined to beat B/F this time! When we got closer to Buzz and the loading area, I got sad…I heard Buzz say “To infinity and beyond!” My little guy loves to watch Toy Story and yell that phrase when Buzz is on the t.v.

But, I had to snap out of it and get in our vehicle and beat B/F! And you know what?! I was winning for a little bit! And then he made a comeback. No fair. I wasn’t going to let this go too easily the rest of the trip. Haha. I made up my mind that I was going to beat him at least once before we leave!

*Tip: On the wall across from the screens to look at your ride photo, there’s a space ship flying through space in an area on the wall…if the space ship looks familiar to you, that’s because it’s Stitch! He’s in the red space ship from the movie!

By this time, we were ready for some lunch. For those of you who know me can guess where we ate for our first MK lunch……….Cosmic Ray’s! Cosmic Ray’s has this new thing now where you have to go in a certain door to get in line and then you have to have your food with you in order to get a table in the big room with Sonny Eclipse. Sis, me, and B/F got our food from a different Bay than Mom and Dad, and we got our food first, so we headed to find a table. Luckily, as we were walking down the ramp, someone was getting up from one! I made a dash for it and Sis and B/F sat the trays down and went to find Mom and Dad. Sis, me, and B/F all had the Chicken Caesar Salad, Mom had the Cheeseburger, and Dad had the Hot Dog. While we were eating, Dad got a text from the people at the front desk at OKW saying our room was ready!

Of course, we were all getting antsy to see what a two bedroom villa looked like, so we decided to head to one shop over in Adventureland that we wanted to look at real quick and then head back to the room.

As we were leaving Tomorrowland towards Adventureland, we stopped to take some pics:

Sis likes to be goofy…and Mom wasn’t ready for the pic, haha:

We made our way to the shop, which was the Roxy store in Adventureland…kind of by the Magic Carpets. Dad saw a shirt that he really liked, but decided that he was going to wait and be sure he didn’t see anything he liked better later. Then, we cut through the Main Street shops towards the exit and we were on our bus around 2 p.m. It’s so nice to leave a park and know that you have the whole vacation ahead of you to come back.

We got off at our bus stop, South Point, and walked to our building:

The trashcan at the bottom of the stairs:

We grabbed a load of stuff and walked up the steps to our 3rd floor room in 4631:

Some nights, we’d come back and there’d be a gecko at the top of the door frame and he’d run in this crack between the door frame and the wall or something when we’d open the door. But other nights, he wouldn’t be out at all…Weird.

I love opening the door for the first time to our room on every vacation. This time, the excitement was even bigger because we were getting a bigger room!

To the right when you come in the room was the second bedroom for me, B/F, and Sis:

It came with a little table and chairs!

We had a closet over by the farther bed and another closet by the other sink area that was separate from our bathroom.

Sink area and my space to get ready each morning:

Our bathroom:

The hallway to the laundry room and Mom and Dad’s room:

Laundry room:

Mom and Dad’s bathroom:

Mom and Dad’s room:

Living room:

Kitchen…It was so cool because the t.v. was in the island!:

After getting everything unloaded from the car and taking pictures of the room, we went out on the balcony to check out our view. It was great! We had a view of the water canal where the OKW boat goes to and from DTD! We could see the Characters in Flight balloon go up…and we could also see our quiet pool! We decided to take some pics before leaving:

The water canal behind us:

The quiet pool in the background:

After taking these, we headed down to the bus stop for our first night at WDW!

~Up next: AK evening EMH’s

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: