Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
phillmolly
DIS Veteran

Am I a Bad Mommy.......

because I love the fact that my 8 month old son LOVES Mickey Mouse Clubhouse? I put on in the morning and he just loves it, he will dance when they sing and gets excited when we sing "hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog" to him. I think it is the colors and songs that he likes, but I tell my DH that he got my love of disney. I can't wait to take him to WDW for the first time, although we will probally wait untill he is 3, since we want to buy a new house soon. I have already decided that the theme for his first birthday will be Mickey Mouse!
phillmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
bellebuzzntink
Mouseketeer

I know it's a "no-no" to let the little ones watch tv, but when it's on, and my 5mo is in his exersaucer, he always turns around to see it and smiles along too. The older one go around singing the "hot dog" song all day - it's so catchy! If you're a bad mommy, I'm a bad mommy too! (It's not like we're parking the babies in front of the tv all day, so no flames!!!!)

bellebuzzntink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

Good Moms everywhere let their kids watch good TV

Everything in moderation.

My daughter is 12 now and when she was little she loved the tv too.

I would let her watch a show a day. Sometimes two. She knew after she watched to turn off the TV. She still turned out to be a very smart kid and guess what now our house is on the Disney Channel every chance she gets. Now she would never turn it off she sings along too.

Better than what most kids are watching and its age appropriate.
disneymomjcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Nope -- and even though many people don't want to admit it, lots of people let their babies watch TV.

We did let DD watch when she was that age -- she loved Elmo! But it's not like she was hooked for life. Now she's 9 and rarely watches -- we don't even have a TV at the trailer where we spend most of the summer. We took it out the first year when we realized nobody was watching it.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
Gretchen3ajoshmom
Earning My Ears

NO!! You are a great Mom!! Its bright, colorfu, musical, and stimulating that little brain! I have been guilty of watching Mickey Mouse or Phineas and Ferb even after the kids have left the room....
Gretchen3ajoshmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:08 AM   #6
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

if you are, then I'm a bad mommy too! my 16 month old's first words were disney related - Nemo! and his fave show is mickey mouse club - he loves the song and gets mad when teh show is over. He watches two shows a day - Mickey and Handy Manny and loves them. I can't wait until he goes to disney to meet them b/c he had a blast at Disney playhouse show and loved the characters last year when he was only 7 months!

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #7
jboysen
Mouseketeer

Not a bit, been there done that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: