Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Kids 1st trip-an ever changing PTR-Update: 12-21 Itinerary 6.0 is now done

Ok so I've tried this PTR thing before but our trip just never happened. Now with DH's new job and us in a new State this is actually going to happen. And there is the possibility of a bonus mini trip to Disneyland in store for us in December since my cousin is getting married in Anaheim- how could a DISer possibly go all the way to Anaheim and not go see The Mouse? They can't, so if we go to the wedding in December than we go to the Land for sure. Our trip to the World will happen in March 2010.

So on to the cast of characters:
Lets start with Me, I'm the Mommy -Jessica, the main Disney fan in my family though my DS(4) is starting to race for biggest fan. I'm 31 been to the world only once for my honeymoon, wish I could've been more times and certainly have several trips planned in our kids and my future. I have however been to Disneyland more times than I can count since I mostly grew up in California and I've been going since I was a baby. Here I am with my baby:

Next in the cast of travelers is my DH- not such a Disney fan, but doesn't want to miss out on any adventures the boys have. Paid me the best compliment the other day in saying that in all the mother-child interactions he has seen, I'm the best mother. Ok, well he is 38 and a high school teacher and football coach. Football to him is what Disney is to me. So it's nice we each have our thing.Here is DH and I on our honeymoon

more to come...
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Last edited by JPFamilyMom; 12-21-2009 at 05:16 PM.
JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm the first!!!! Now going back to read.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yay! I'm the first!!!! Now going back to read.
Wow that was fast, welcome I didn't write much, lol
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 06-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #4
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

more on the parents-me and DH

Our StoryÖOur Fairy tale weddingÖ
So Iím originally from California and my DH is originally from Pennsylvania and we met in Las Vegas of all places.

No it wasnít a weekend fling or anything; we both actually lived there for several years. We were both substitute teaching for the school district, him because he moved to Las Vegas in the middle of a teaching year and was waiting to get hired on as a regular teacher and me because I was still working on my teaching degree (btw Iím still working on my teaching degree, that is what happens when you get married and get preggo on the honeymoon). So we met and six months later we were engaged and ten months after that we got married. It was a fairy tale themed wedding, complete with Disney princesses, castles, tiaras and other themed Disney fairy tale symbols as centerpieces.

Then we jetted off to Walt Disney World for our honeymoon, my choice of course.

I always knew I would honeymoon in the world, it was just a matter of convincing the man I married, and lucky for me my DH is easy going. And although he still bugs me to this day about jumping on the bed too early in the morning for a honeymoon, he is willing to travel back to the World with our kids (though he still thinks Iíll be the one jumping on the bed in the morning). I was less informed then, I didnít know about making reservations or any special tips for visiting the park, Iím happy to now be more informed and to call myself a DISer, surrounding myself with other like minded people.

We stayed in the All Star Sports Hotel, we had park hopper with the water park, etc on it, dining plan, and at the time they had this like honeymoon type package so we also got a couple golf session (we had a choice between golf, Cirque Du Soleil, or couples massage- we golfed since I got to pick the location of the honeymoon, DH got to pick our extra activity). And we also got a carriage ride included in our package complete with champagne which neither of us drinks- so we just had water.

Excited to take my two boys to the World in 2010Ö. Up next a little about the kiddos

Old 06-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

YAY!! You started a PTR!! I'm in! It was so good to meet you last week, Jessica!! It's nice to know a DISer who lives in the same place!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Awwwww, you guys are too sweet. Quite the fairy tale indeed

Waiting for more! I wanna meet the kiddos!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
YAY!! You started a PTR!! I'm in! It was so good to meet you last week, Jessica!! It's nice to know a DISer who lives in the same place!!

It was great meeting you too. Yes indeed, I've never met a DISer before, you are my first, so that was fun

Old 07-21-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
ktmetke
The Disney Family Grows One Smile At A Time!

Hi! Just started reading and only on page 1, but wanted to let you know what a beautiful family you have!!!! I'm laughing too, cause we brought home "a little souvenir" on a "2nd Honeymoon" vacation from DisneyLand! Looking forward to reading more!

ktmetke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmetke View Post
Hi! Just started reading and only on page 1, but wanted to let you know what a beautiful family you have!!!! I'm laughing too, cause we brought home "a little souvenir" on a "2nd Honeymoon" vacation from DisneyLand! Looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for coming over and thanks for the compliment. what a fun and unexpected souvenir I'm sure probably part of why Disney magic is in our kids blood

Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Jessica - I've only read through 5 pages so far, but wanted to say Hi and let you know I'll be following along. I'm also a mom of 2 boys - my older DS9 was diagnosed with autism (PDD) when he was 2. DS6 may or may not have Asperger's - nobody wants to commit!

On our first two Disney trips with DS9 we were dealing with multiple food intolerances and Disney did an amazing job accomodating his dietary needs. It's an amazing place for special kids - that's why we keep going back!

I can't wait to read more as your plans continue to come together.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #11
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

All caught up!! Glad to hear you finally booked!

Driving or flying? You mentioned flying somewhere along the way, but that may have just been for the CA trip?? Anyway - We brought a lot of food with us for DS9 on two of our trips - which was tricky post 9/11. But we did manage to be able to bring a cooler full of food on the plane with us so just let me know if you need any advice on flying with food.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Yay, you're booked! Verrry exciting! ASMovies was a lot of fun, the boys will love it! Can't wait to hear more about the camp site, that sounds like quite the adventure itself.

You're booked!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Whoo hoo for booking!!! Sooo exciting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hurray for dates!!!!

OK now that the All-Stars are booked.... time to start the 'real' planing!!!! LOL
Yes the 'real" planning has begun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I think for a trip with kids, going with an all-stars is a great option. The theming looks super fun- so I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Good plan to go with QS this time. Very curious to find out what TS places you've come up!! Any character meals

They are going to LOVE the Fort!!! It is so quiet and peaceful, yet with a lot, and I do mean a ton!, of stuff to do and enjoy. Make sure to take time to go to the stables, relax at the newly renovated pool, get a Giddy up and Go meal, the campfire. I love it there!

I do hope they can join you, but make sure to schedule alone time with just your family too. We made the mistake of letting some assume we'd be together the whole time. It was a disaster!!

Will you do any GG special acitivities???
There will be at least one character meal. And there is a possibility of a GG activity but we haven't "officially" discussed it yet. I had wanted to camp out at the campsite, so glad my parents are, I do know fishing is on our to do list, as it always was, so now we'll have to see what else we do, and yes there will be many times that we are not all together. I made that very clear even when planning to only go with my parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Jessica - I've only read through 5 pages so far, but wanted to say Hi and let you know I'll be following along. I'm also a mom of 2 boys - my older DS9 was diagnosed with autism (PDD) when he was 2. DS6 may or may not have Asperger's - nobody wants to commit!

On our first two Disney trips with DS9 we were dealing with multiple food intolerances and Disney did an amazing job accomodating his dietary needs. It's an amazing place for special kids - that's why we keep going back!

I can't wait to read more as your plans continue to come together.
Glad you came over, I can use all the tips I can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up!! Glad to hear you finally booked!

Driving or flying? You mentioned flying somewhere along the way, but that may have just been for the CA trip?? Anyway - We brought a lot of food with us for DS9 on two of our trips - which was tricky post 9/11. But we did manage to be able to bring a cooler full of food on the plane with us so just let me know if you need any advice on flying with food.
We are driving, it's about 13 hours I believe, so we do plan to stay over somewhere on the way down and back. But we are taking the backseat out of our van to take our double jogger stroller, food, toys, etc to keep them entertained on the way down, and while we are there. I tend to over pack so we will probably use up the whole backseat, hope we have room for whatever decides to come home with us. As I'm sure we will bring some friends (mainly Pooh and Mickey) home with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Yay, you're booked! Verrry exciting! ASMovies was a lot of fun, the boys will love it! Can't wait to hear more about the camp site, that sounds like quite the adventure itself.

You're booked!

We are very excited, I really hope we get a Buzz and Woody room.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

It's been a long time since I updated

Hey all, I have been such a bad DISer lately. Life has just been so hectic. And we unfortunately spent Thanksgiving break all sick. I just feel so blessed that we got to spend it together. But four days sick in bed was just too much for me.

Anyhow, can you believe I'm approaching my 180 day mark to book dining It felt like it was ages away and now it's only one week away. I need to get this together by next week.

We will only be on the quick service dining plan so we will be paying out of pocket for these meals. So let me know what you all think about our selections and times.

Here they are:
June 5th: Chef Mickeys 5pm (me,DH,DS4, DS1, Mom,Dad, aunt, Sister, brother in law, niece)

June 7th: Kona Breakfast (what are the breakfast hours?) Me, Mom, Aunt, DS1

June 8th: (this is my tentative Universal day)- I'm thinking a late dinner at Whispering canyon cafe, for me, DH, DS4, DS1 - but I'm trying to decide what time that should be, I don't want it to be too late, but I also want to allow us enough time to explore IOA

June 9th: Crystal Palace (before park opens) me, DH, DS4, DS1

June 10th: Tea at Grand Floridian me, Mom, Aunt, Sister

Opinions and suggestions welcome.

I'm hoping to spend the rest of this week catching up on all the Ptr's and TR's I've been neglecting, which is all of the ones I'm subscribed to. Sorry everyone, I promise to get caught up asap.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: