Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
WebmasterCorey
Still points with two fingers
aka OrlandoTiger

DISboards Administrator

Disneyland Attraction and Dining Reviews

Have opinions on Disneyland attractions and dining locations?
I bet you do

Please help us populate this new Disneyland section of the DIS by reviewing the locations you like and dislike. We have tons of great reviews for Walt Disney World, but now we need to get Disneyland up to speed.

Disneyland Attractions:
http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/440

Disneyland Resorts:
http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/445

Disneyland Dining:
http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/411

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by WebmasterCorey; 07-28-2010 at 12:45 PM.
WebmasterCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I am in the process of posting some reviews, Corey! I just did some for Disneyland - Carnation Cafe, Blue Ribbon Bakery, Begal BBQ and River Belle Terrace, and am in the process of doing one for Wine Country Trattoria in DCA. Then I will move on to Taste Pilots Grill in DCA and finally....the character meals (specifically Goofy's Kitchen and Storytellers Cafe). I don't have a lot of experience with Blue Bayou (not as much as other peple on the DIS), but I may do a review of my last visit there just to get something on there.

Everyone else should do some reviews too! They don't have to be long OR short. And we pretty much 'review' restaurants all the time on the DIS anyway in our various threads. Might as well put them in one central location for other people to see too!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #3
labattblue
DIS Veteran

I'll be glad to chime in with my 2 cents after our August visit.
labattblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
reynmagsmom
DIS Veteran

After our trip in August I will gladly do some reviews as our last trip was in April 08 and I want to be up to date!!! I'll even get some pics to back up the words
Old 06-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Oooh, since I have nothing to do right now, I think I'll write some.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #6
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

I am hoping to add some things from our recent trip!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
garn
Earning My Ears

Going in two weeks

I will add some reviews for sure.
garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
barefootmomma
DIS Veteran

Just left a review for Celebration Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch, however it is no longer a character meal (and hasn't been for quite some time) and should be moved to the plate service menu.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
emacat
Polishing up my ears

On our last trip, we loved everywhere we ate, except for Ariel's grotto. The experience itself was great, the food was horrendous. My friend and her son, and my daughter and I ate so little of it that they very nicely discounted our meal. Hopefully though, that was just a bad day for them. I have heard good things from a few other posters.

Breakfast with Minnie and Goofy's Kitchen were both wonderful, and we loved the bakery on main street.
First WDW trip June 21-28 2013 at Port Orleans Riverside

December 22nd-28th, 2015 Ayres Hotel

Mom Emilie
[
emacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
Funball
DIS Veteran

love Taste pilots Grill..

I have had very good experience at taste pilots grill! Those blue cheese burgers are the BOMB!! The ribs are fabulous also. i was very impressed with how quick i got in ordered my food with ease, and got out! i also loved the toppings bar! and the barbeque sauce..mmmmm so good!
Funball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:00 AM   #11
MsTiauna27
Ms. Pin Trader

Disneyland Dining

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ - Hands down best area for dining. I love how the food is endless, you can eat til you throw up lol.

Blue Bayou - Hella over priced but the food is delicious. They make the best Filet Mignon Medium Rare of any place I tasted. The service is even better.

Gumbo Bar - That gumbo is addicting but yet sooo good.

Village Haus - The food is good but the outside area needs more shade. Kinda loud because it is in stroller central aka Fantasyland. The food is not filling at all, so dont go there with a huge appetite because you will not be satisfied.

DCA Dining

Taste Pilots - They have really good burgers but the chili is not so good. Its a cool place and in a nice spot but very overrated from who it was referred from.

Pizza Mow Mow - Just ate there a couple days ago and the pizza slices are freaking huge, so filling. The pizza salad with vinaigrette was sssoooo good and once again filling. The down side is that it is a bit on the pricey side.

Trattoria - Really great service and very calm area. The food is good but they need to improve on their steaks, somewhat chewy. The alcohol mix drinks are priced very well for what you receive. Its not the best in the park but not the worst.

NEXT CHOICE IS HUNGRY BEAR AND COCINA CUCAMONGA
Old 06-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #12
Funball
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacat View Post
On our last trip, we loved everywhere we ate, except for Ariel's grotto. The experience itself was great, the food was horrendous. My friend and her son, and my daughter and I ate so little of it that they very nicely discounted our meal. Hopefully though, that was just a bad day for them. I have heard good things from a few other posters.

Breakfast with Minnie and Goofy's Kitchen were both wonderful, and we loved the bakery on main street.

you didn't like areil's grotto? why not? i am just wonderng. i was thinking of doing eating there..but wasn't sure... so tell me what was bad and what was good!

have you tried Taste pilots grill? the Ribs are GREAT!! Have you also tried Cove Bar? get in and out before 6pm on a weekend and you won't get a cover charge.but the lobster nachos are awesome!!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #13
Aladdin + Abu
Horsing Around!

I'd be happy to rate the attractions, even write a short sentence about each attraction, but it looks like you have to fill in +, -, and other comments for it to even accept the post. I think you would get a better response if there weren't so many separate comment sections that had to be filled out. Just a suggestion.
Aladdin + Abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylandphotos View Post
Hello,

I am the owner of DisneylandStockPhotos.com and MagicAndImagination.com. ...Here is a tip, the Plaza Inn is one of two places that offers free re-fills on drinks.
There are MANY places in the Park that you can get free refills.

Btw, did you know it is a violation of DISBoards rules to promote another fan site or advertise your own business? It's in the DISBooards posting guidelines.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
Funball
DIS Veteran

" 7. ADVERTISING: The advertisers/sponsors who you see on the DIS are carefully chosen. While we welcome discussion of them as well as other businesses that you have information or questions about, if it's determined that you are using the DIS to promote a commercial venture, you will lose your posting privileges. This includes choosing a username/signature that refers to your business. In addition, links to the company's website will be blocked. Also note that we do not want the boards to be used for solicitations or for requesting referrals. Requests for advertising can be directed to Corey@wdwinfo.com for consideration."

So that would be:
1. using DIS to promote your venture
2 user name that refers to your business
3. links to your company website

got ur back dreams!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: