Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

"I've Waited A Long Time for a Mother/Daughter Extravaganza" 9/8 Update!

Hi!

I've written 3 trip reports so far. The link to my solo is down yonder at the bottom of the post. The other two are somewhere out there in DIS cyber space. One was our first trip with our kiddos.That trip was a suprise and was documented here. It was a great trip! And besides that it relit my Disney Fire! I couldn't stop thinking of Disney after that.

We soon booked the March 2008 trip. We left Grumpy and went with my parents to celebrate my Mom's 60th. That trip is found here. A fun trip but certainly had its challenges.

So who are we?

Well I am Mom. MomofCKJ. My name is Allyson, I am clinging to 39 for a few more months. I am a Disney FREAK! I share a birthday with the World and my first trip was back in 1972 for my 3rd birthday. Yes my Mom raised me right. Disney trips, Disney movies, Disney on Ice, Disney encyclopedias, Sunday nights with The Wonderful World of Disney.

I am married to Grumpy and you may know him from past reports. He does not love the Mouse, he does not love the amount of money spent on the Mouse, he doesn't get the magic. He did however run the Disney Half Marathon in January with me because he loves me. We spent 4 days in Disney at a super cool upgrade to the Yacht Club from CSR and we ran our first Half Marathon with our best friends. It was something special!

He however won't be on this trip. Can't have a Mother/Daughter Extravaganza with Grumpy! He would take the "extra" out of extravaganza!

Not joining us this trip are Bashful (my 9yo dd) or Goofy (my 6yo ds). No they have other plans. Bashful is spending the week with her Mema. She is doing Mema time and that includes swimming in the pool, eating lots of mashed potatoes (her favorite!) and playing with the kittens. While she is away that will leave Grumpy and Goofy. They are counting down the days till "Man Week". Yes it will be just the boys and the dog. They are looking forward to a week of Guitar Hero, sitting around in boxers and eating cereal out of the box by the handful. I imagine it will be a like a frat party tamed down for the week.

Which leaves Belle, my soon to be 12 year old, heading to 7th grade and junor high dd. It is she who is the daughter of the Mother/Daughter Extravaganza. I am anxiously looking forward to this trip. I think this is a special time in her life and some serious quality time as we embark on new chapters will serve us well. And really what better place to do this than Disney?

Here are Belle, Bashful and Goofy last fall:

Coming up: "Grumpy, it'll just be for a long weekend"---right! And what I hope to gain from this trip!

Hope you'll stick around for the ride!

Allyson
:

Last edited by MomofCKJ; 09-08-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Table of Contents!

1.So how did this idea come to be anyways?

2. [URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32375463&postcount=20"]Where and when?
3. [URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32408403&postcount=25"]More Where and When!
4. Free Dining?
5. Food Glorious FREE Food
Officially officially official!
38 days and Counter Service!
33 days and what have we been up to?
Day One of the Jan 2009 Half Marathon Trip!
Day Two of the Jan 2009 Half Marathon Trip
The Race-Part One!
The Race- Part Two!
12 Days To Go!
14.Post Race Festivities and 6 days to go!
Uno, dos, TRES!
Leavin' in the Mornin'!
************************************************** *****************************
We are back! Day One Part One
Day One Part Two
Day Two Part One Discovery Cove!
Day Two Part Two
How Many Times Can You Ride EE?
Dinner for a Princess and a Whole Lot of Rain

Last edited by MomofCKJ; 09-08-2010 at 08:21 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here and very excited to read all about your mother/daughter trip! It has made my own wheels start turning so I will be paying close attention to what you end up planning and doing.

Your Belle and my Chelsea are so close to the same age. She will be 12 in July and is going into the 7th grade. How did our babies grow up so quickly?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
4boysrus
Proud momma to 4 boys.

I'm here!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Becky521
DIS Veteran

Hey Allyson, thanks for the notice. Your trip reports a re always so fun. I have to admit I will miss Goofy this time around. I think a mother/daughter trip is great!!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

I cannot wait to hear all about this trip. It will be so special, I'm sure. Can't get over how much your kids have grown since the last pictures I saw! Time flies!

Looking forward to more!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #7
cuppycake
Official Disney Nut

I'm here! I love the idea of a trip alone with each of my girls when they are older...what fun!! I hope that it helps your relationship with your daughter...it's such a rough age.

Love the new shoes...I do hope they are as comfy as your old ones. How crazy that they both crapped out at the same time!

I'm digging your plans. Sounds like you will be jammed packed with FUN! It is getting so incredibly close, isn't it??!?!?

I, too, won the Universal pass, but (like you) just won't give up my Disney time (plus, let's face it, I'd have had to pay for three more people)!

As for the bag...I'm glad that it's one of the few things that I'm actually NOT obsessed with (YET!!). At least I can save that money for a slushie If you get a new one, you must post a pic!!!

Lovers of WDW....lucky enough to visit every 1-2 years since our girls have been around....usually staying at Pop Century

DLP Nov 2012
Old 07-28-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Hi Allyson!!

I LOVE your tat!!!! Too cute!!!

I say take the cab....that's my vote and i'm sticking to it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: