Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
PirateFish989
Searching for the right shoe that will lead me to my Prince Charming

A Very Merry Unbirthday: A Trip Report (A VERY OVERDUE UPDATE 3/12)

Iím Erin and I am addicted to Disney.

Iím Erin and Iím also addicted to shoes, books, chocolate and French Fries. But that is beside the point.

So back to the point, Iím a Disney addict, as so many of you are, too. And since Iím writing this under Disneyland Trip Reports, it can be assumed that I went to Disneyland and that Iím writing a Trip Report about my trip to Disneyland.

But we all know what happens when one assumes.

Fortunately, this time you all are right and Iím in the right place. I did go to Disneyland and I am here to write a Trip Report about my trip to Disneyland for all of you fellow Disney addicts to immerse yourself in. For some of you, this may mean vacationing vicariously through me, which is totally fine by me because I do that more often than I would like to admit. For others, this may mean that youíre procrastinating from work, or homework, or even picking your kids up from various locations. I understand! I, too, do this when Iím procrastinating (just not from picking up my kids. Because I donít have kids).

So, as stated before, Iím Erin. And this is my Trip Report. I have been known to write in fragments. With lots of random and misused parentheses (what can I say, I like parentheses). I also like semi-colons; that is what you get when you are in college writing classes (strange affinities for punctuation). So, if any of these things bother you, I suggest continuing reading, because hey, youíre procrastinating, right?

Anyway, youíre here to read about my trip and read about my trip you will (you see, Iím just not sure how to start this thing so Iím procrastinating). So I may as well just dive into it before I continue to ramble on and on.

Iíve written a Trip Report before (you can read it here) and it got a fair number of responders and readers (whom I greatly enjoyed!). Last time I tried to go into great detail, and donít get me wrong, I LOVE detail, but this time I thought Iíd try it again, with maybe a little less detail on some things (like the minuscule details. For example, how long it took to walk from the exit of BTMRR to Conestoga Wagons for McDonaldís French FriesÖwhich I just found out isnít there anymore!).

My last trip to Disneyland was in May of 2007 for the Pirate of the Caribbean 3 Premiere (completely awesome!) with an amazing group of people, most affectionately called (by me) The Sarcastics. Actually I take that back, I went to Grad Night a week after that, but that was different. So in 2007 I was a senior in high school and a lot has changed since then, but not my addiction to everything Disney. Iíve been pining to go and for my 19th birthday this last September I got from my parents a trip for 2 to Disneyland for 3 days with a 2 night stay in a hotel. Naturally I was ecstatic! I immediately knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to go on another trip with The Sarcastics. But this time, since my gift was for me and one other person, I was told by my mom that I could take a friend (the other person) and she would pay for herself. There was no question in my mind who I was going to take Ė Jess of course!

At this point, you all are sitting in front of your computers with complete confusion on your faces. Who the HECK are these people she is referring to? The Sarcastics? Jess? Shoot, who is SHE?

MEET THE SARCASTICS!

*Please note: this picture was taken two years ago!*

Erin (me) Ė Iím a 19 year old student at a university in San Diego, which is an amazing city! I love it! Anyway, last time you read about moi, I was a 17 year old high school senior with braces and a lower jaw that stuck out and frizzy/curly-hair-that-I-forced-to-be-straight that I was always battling with. Shortly after my last Trip Report, things happened and the braces are now gone, as is the sticky-outy jaw, due to some amazingly fun jaw surgery! Woohoo!! (That was sarcasm, people. Get used to it. We ARE The Sarcastics. Anyway, jaw surgery changed me for the better and that sounds lame but itís true). The hair is still the same, but Iíve managed to come to some understanding of how it works (against me, usually). Iím a Disney addict all the way and just finished reading the Disneyland Encyclopedia for fun. I love princesses and Pirates and dream to be Cinderella one day.
Since this is MY report, I get two pictures:

Carol Ė my mom. She is a preschool teacher and swim coach (for my rival high schoolÖof ALL the placesÖ). She is fun and energetic and a morning person. On every trip, she makes sure we learn something. She is the Mom everyone wants to have and I love her for it. Weíre very close and I canít imagine going to Disneyland without her.
From out last trip in 2007:

Lisa Ė my momís friend (actually sheís a family friend). She is the source of my Disney obsession. Without her, you wouldnít be reading this today. She is the Disney Queen Extraordinaire. If you have a question about anything Disney, ask her. She always makes a minute by minute Plan for our trips and I donít know what weíd do without her. Sheís sarcastic and smart and a kind person. She may be joining us in this little conversationÖweíll see.
Also from our last trip:

Kailyn Ė Lisaís 12 year old daughter, who is not the little girl she was two years ago. Sheís a teenager now. Sheís into drama (theater drama, I mean. Although teenager drama works too) and is a pleasure to be around (to me at least, Lisa might argue differently). Kailyn is smart and sarcastic like her mother and a nice girl. I used to coach her in swimming and she was always one of my favorites (shh! Donít tell anyone else I had a favorite!) because she was nice and funny and smart and could carry on an intelligent conversation. Iíve known Kailyn since she was five or six and I cannot believe she is twelve already! Where does the time go??
Then:

Now:

So, there are The Sarcastics for you. NOW, youíre going, ďokay, she explained who The Sarcastics are, but who is Jess? Iím still confused!Ē Not to worry, not to worry.

The fifth person on this trip is my best friend, Jess. Iíve known Jess for almost 13 years now. We met when we were seven on the swim team, instantly clicked, and have been friends ever since. We never went to school together and still donít, but every single opportunity we get, we see each other or talk to each other or communicate in some way. Jess is the sweetest, nicest person youíll ever meet. We are polar opposites, but identical. You know how sometimes even the best of friends have their issues? Yeah, that is not us. We just ďgetĒ each other. Sheís hard to explain simply because there is so much good stuff to say that I canít fit it all in without everyone who reading this right now leaving me for some other Trip Report that is less boring and less Jess-worshiping than mine.
This picture was actually taken in 2007, but it is the only picture I have of her on my computer!!!

A sixth person was recently added to this trip and that person would be Megan. Megan is Kailynís friend and I really donít know her from a hole in the ground. Kailyn had asked if she could bring a friend, since I was, and she picked Megan, who is also 12. So that is pretty much all I know about her. Iím SURE Iíll get to know more during the trip.
(Please see the "NOW" picture of Kailyn, above, to see Megan - she's the blond one)

So, to recap:
1. I got a trip to Disneyland for my birthday
2. I invited Jess to go with me
3. The Sarcastics are also going so there will be 6 of us, including two 12 year olds.

*A look back on being 12: I remember the days of being 12 Ė you think you are so cool yet not cool enough because you arenít a teenager yet. Youíre moody and sassy and have an attitude and nothing in the world is happy because youíre 12. Nobody is nearly as smart as you are, especially your mother. And youíre right smack dab in the middle of a clothing trend (it is apparently currently Hollister/Abercrombie/American Eagle but back when I was 12 it was Hurley/Roxy/Billabong/etc.). Apparently these days 12 year olds have cell phones and theyíre constantly texting (wait, that isnít so different from a 19 year oldÖ). Your phone is glued to your hand, fingers frantically typing away so you can keep in contact with your peeps. And youíre completely incapable of functioning whatsoever without your phone. You are also hyper and annoying and grumpy and move between these as fast as lightning. Basically youíre crazy, due to all the hormones raging inside. *sigh* I have fond memories of being 12.

Moving on!

Now, the issue we had was when to go. None of us could miss things (My mom and Lisa had some silly little thing called work, and Jess, Kailyn and I had school, which sucks all the fun out of everything). Our first projected date was over New Yearís. Yeah, that didnít happen. Too crowded or something. Jury duty for some of us may have had some affect on it too. Next was over Martin Luther King, Jr. day in January. Nah, I happened to have 3 midterms that week after. What about Spring Break (MY Spring Break, that is, because the world revolves around me, right?)? Um, no. This is getting very disappointing to be honest; getting my hopes up and then letting them fall to the ground like a brick. Okay, so during my spring break (when we WERENíT at Disneyland), The Sarcastics had a little pow-wow (Jess was MIA as she was still at school in LA and Megan hadnít been invited yet) and we decided on the end of May (the weekend after Memorial Day weekend to be exact, May 29-31). I text messaged Jess (because teenagers these days avoid talking on the phone at all costs) and by golly, it worked for her! WOO HOO!!!!

Weíre going to DISNEYLAND!!!!

Last edited by PirateFish989; 03-12-2011 at 11:28 PM.
PirateFish989 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
basketballmom
Living in the Happiest Place in Texas!

I am subscribing! You have a wonderful gift for words. I AM a procrastinator and I am also addicted to books, chocolate and french fries! (shoes, not so much)
We are (hopefully) going to DL in August. My 3 daughters and I. They are 17, 13 and 9. Leaving dad at home this trip.
Looking forward to more...........
basketballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #3
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

I'm in. I'm also a teenager addicted to Disneyland.
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
momto2nenas
DIS Veteran

Joining in for the report!
momto2nenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
PirateFish989

So, I last left off with introductions and dates and the background of this little adventure. This time, I’m going to review The Sarcastics last trip. A trip down Memory Lane if you will…

The Sarcastics have some rules. These rules are very important and are our Three Commandments that we live by while on these Disneyland adventures. The Three Commandments are as follows:
1) NO MEN! NO EXCEPTIONS! Men, especially the men in our families, just cause all sorts of complications when traveling (My dad turns in to Grumpy when on a Disneyland vacation. Apparently Mr. Lisa does too). And it's obvious - Girls Rule, Dogs Drool.
2) No whining - this is in direct accordance with rule #1.
3) Eat as much crap (whatever you want, whenever you want, as much as you want) as humanly possible without throwing up.

As Lisa put in our plan, “our meals are on the fly…or on the fry as my daughter Kailyn would have it. It shall be deemed a weekend of sugar, fat and salt. I herby decree. The best combination will of course be fat rolled in sugar with a touch of salt and chocolate dipping sauce! Or caramel…whichever you prefer.”

Here here!!

The Three Commandments are strictly enforced and anyone who disobeys is fiercely punished. An example of said punishment is instead of eating, say, a warm, soft, golden brown cinnamon roll from the Blue Ribbon Bakery covered with hot icing dripping down the sides (is anyone else’s mouth watering? anybody else craving a cinnamon roll?), you get celery. With no dipping sauce. Or peanut butter. Or cream cheese. Nothing. Just celery. Yeah, that’s right. Something healthy. Eww.

I’m not going to go into full detail of the last trip because that would be silly as I have already written a Trip Report (which you can read here). So I’m just going to do a short and sweet recap:
1. We left Thursday afternoon and sat in traffic for 2 extra hours
2. We went to Disneyland on Friday
3. We sat in line for 18 hours on Main Street on Saturday for the Pirates 3 Premiere
4. We did both parks on Sunday and then went home

Was that short and sweet enough for ya?

Since I’m briefly talking about our last trip, why not give some pictures to satisfy your need:

The plan for this trip is a little more complicated. You see, the participants of this trip are located in 2 different places – me in San Diego and the rest in the Central Valley (approximately 3.5 hours north of Disneyland). And some (not to mention any names…Kailyn) have these silly little tests called final exams (honestly, I don’t remember finals being so difficult in 7th grade) that apparently she can’t miss. So, I’m going to do my best to explain this clearly:

First, we are going (actually, we’ve gone already, obviously) May 29-31, which is a Friday-Sunday. My mom, Jess and myself are buying 2 day park-hoppers and upgrading to the Southern California AP’s on Saturday night so we can go to the parks on Sunday. Lisa & Kailyn have AP’s so they’ll just need to buy a block-out ticket on Saturday and Megan, I believe, is buying a 3 day park hopper. We’re staying at the Ramada Inn-At the Park Friday and Saturday night. We usually like to stay at the Candy Cane Inn but since we need two rooms this time, we decided to go with a cheaper hotel (and let me tell you, you get what you pay for…more on this later).

So…

I am driving up from San Diego early Friday morning and meeting my mom and Jess at our hotel. Lisa and the 12-year-olds are leaving after their final and meeting us in the park when they get there – probably (rather, HOPEFULLY) around 2:30ish.

The park opens at 9:00 on Friday due to a Grad Night the night before and we were instructed by Lisa to get there for the opening of the park. That entails my mom and Jess leaving around 3:30am in order to avoid LA traffic and me leaving around 5:30am in order to avoid San Diego AND LA traffic. So, we’ll meet up at the hotel hopefully around 7:00 or 7:30, check into our hotel, park our cars there and then head on over to the park for the rope drop.

The plan for Friday is to follow The Plan (not to be confused with “the plan”, which is simply the general, loose outline for the day, where The Plan is the strict, minute by minute written out guide for the day) and do Disneyland all day. Lisa and the girls will meet us at Disneyland early afternoon and at that point we’ll let Lisa take over. We have reservations for dinner at Cafť Orleans, which I’m super excited about, but other than that we’ll just wing it when it comes to food. Oh, and it is very very important for me to procure a Birthday Button. As this whole trip is happening because of Me and My Birthday (well, Unbirthday at this point!!! Shall we sing???
…A Very Merry Unbirthday to you.
To who?
To you!
A Very Merry Unbirthday to you.
To Me?
To you!
Now blow your candles out my dear and make your with come truuuuue!
A Very Merry Unbirthday…..tooooooo you!!!!!!).

The plan for Saturday is:
Disneyland from opening until DCA opens – collect FP for later
DCA most of the day
Back to Disneyland – use FP from earlier, watch fireworks(?), upgrade to AP’s and then back to hotel

The plan for Sunday is:
Disneyland from opening until we leave to go back to our respectful places.

*A look back on being 12: 12-year-olds always travel in packs. Everywhere. All the time. You can’t function without having 8 of your closest friends with you. This is especially important when going to the restroom. You do NOT go alone (and somehow that rule still kind of applies when you get older too). Anyway, when you’re 12 you always want a friend to go with you. Everywhere. To talk to a teacher, to the mall, on vacation, to the restroom…you name the location, there will always be another 12 year old accompanying you. This kind of makes it difficult to talk to a member of the opposite gender. Because not only do YOU have YOUR swarm, but THEY have THEIRS. And when you do happen to get them alone, there are two groups of packs watching. Very closely watching. Anyway, I remember, very clearly, when I was 12 – there was a group of 4 of us on the swim team and we were basically inseparable (it is interesting now that the only one I talk to any more is Jess). Anyway, all of our families planned on going over to Morro Bay together. I just remember the chaos. There were like 15 children between all the families and we were loud and obnoxious and it was so much fun. You could hear the pack of us coming from blocks away. We all bought Hurley or Roxy sweatshirts and all wore them at the same time. And we all went to the San Luis Obispo street fair. It was a blast. So basically, if you see a group of youngish kids – they’re most likely 12.

Next up: Preparation for the trip!!!! You HAVE to make matching shirts, right?

Last edited by PirateFish989; 01-21-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
PirateFish989

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
I am subscribing! You have a wonderful gift for words. I AM a procrastinator and I am also addicted to books, chocolate and french fries! (shoes, not so much)
We are (hopefully) going to DL in August. My 3 daughters and I. They are 17, 13 and 9. Leaving dad at home this trip.
Looking forward to more...........
Welcome! And thank you - I'm not too sure my college writing professor would agree with my "wonderful gift for words" but then again I don't get to write fun stuff like this in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
I'm in. I'm also a teenager addicted to Disneyland.
YAY! Glad you're in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2nenas View Post
Joining in for the report!
Hope you enjoy the rest!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
jjzmgailey
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!
Me (NeuroticDisneyMom#30) drinkin' my coffee, readin' the DIS DH DS 15 DD 11
| Disney Parks Moms Panel | Jackie's Magical Moments | Follow Me On Twitter
UPCOMING VISITS: Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2013 | Disney's Polynesian Resort October 2013
PAST VISITS: Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa April 2013 | Disney's Wilderness Lodge April 2013 | Disney's Beach Club Resort Feb 2013 | 2013 WDW Moms Panel Training Weekend!!! Dec 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Oct 2012 | Disney's Art of Animation Resort Sept 2012 | Disney's Yacht Club Resort April 2012 (DisneySMMoms) | Offsite Vacation Home for Princess 5K Feb 2012 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Dec 2011 | Disney's Bay Lake Tower Oct 2011 | Disney's Old Key West Resort Sept 2011 | Disney's Vero Beach Resort May 2011 | Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort May 2011 | Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa March 2011 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Polynesian Resort Feb 2010 (DisneySMMoms) | Disney's Saratoga Springs TreeHouse Villas Sept 2009 | Disneyland Resort Area Feb 2009 | Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa Sept 2008 | Disney's Old Key West Resort April 2008 | Disneyland Resort Area Nov 2007 | Disneyland Hotel Dec 2006 | Disneyland Hotel Feb 2004
jjzmgailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
PirateFish989

Disneyland with 12-year-olds:

As we were getting our Mickey Head Ice Creams, Lisa and the girls walked up. They had just arrived and checked into the hotel and were ready for some Tiki Room Loviní. I take that back. Lisa was ready for some Tiki RoomLoviní. The rest of usÖnot so much. Or not at all. Ever.

Anyway, while we were finishing up our ice cream, Lisa went to grab some fast passes, as they had non. Kailyn and Megan were being 12 Ė Iím not really sure how to explain it. They had made shirts and were all giddy and loud and glad that finals were over. My mom, Jess and I, on the other hand, were dead tired.

Lisa got back and we decided to go ride Itís A Small World. The line wasnít long and the afternoon parade was about to start so while in line we got to see some of it before we were beat over the head by the Itís A Small World song. Apparently Kailyn and Megan were too cool to see thousands of dancing dolls so they opted to get popcorn and people watch.

Did I mention we gave them a walkie talkie? That they didnít really know how to use?

Boy, was THAT fun.

Happy happy happy to be here!

Self-portrait #93:

While in Small World, we pointed out all the new characters, which, in my opinion, looked good! I know Iím going to get reamed for saying that, but I liked the new additions. When I first heard that they had added classic characters, I imagined things like a huge animated Goofy, singing along in his already difficult to understand voice.

At one point, about half way through, our boat stopped moving. There was no boat in front of us.

ďITíS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!!Ē

Boats were piling up behind us.

In German!
ďITíS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!Ē

Sighs are heard from Jess sitting beside me.

In Aborigine!

Oh, hey look, that doll, who is trying to imitate the Rockettes, must have broken her leg.

In Mermaid!
ďITíS A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALLĒ

Wow, I guess Nemo still canít be found, even in this small world.

In Swahili!

FINALLY, we started moving. Only to be stopped again. And then we moved. It was a rough trip through such a small world.

I do love that ride, despite that song. I love all the dolls and the decorations for each country.

After we got off, Lisa swept us over to Nemo, thinking that the line wouldnít be too horrible because of the parade still going. Everyone kept getting distracted so at one point, Lisa shouted, ďFOLLOWĒ and pointed to the ground. Definitely one of her best moments.

Nemo was cute. I canít believe how long a ride it is. Very well done.

*A look back on being 12: 12-year-olds are way too cool for anything and everything. Especially things that their parents want to do. Like ride Itís A Small World and the Nemo Submarines.

I forget what we did next but I do remember it was on the other side of the park.

Despite our best efforts, Lisa somehow found out that Jess had never been in the Tiki Room. That was a mistake. Lisa LOVES the Tiki Room. The rest of usÖnot so much. Some people say the Tiki Room is a rite of passage, a tradition even. I say off with traditions head!

We had never noticed the spouting Maui god before:

This is apparently what buying things at Disneyland does to a person:

It was nearing dinner and we had reservations at Cafť Orleans. We got seated and our waitress was less than polite Ė clearly annoyed that we didnít order something besides water to drink. Well, excuse me. At this point we were all giddy. My mom pulled out some individually wrapped hand wipes from her first aid kit. Jess pulls out hers and wipes her hands off. I pull out mine and think, huh, this package feels kind of thin. I pull it out and what do I find, but a teeny tiny wipe thingÖclearly not for wiping hands.

After catching our breath from laughing, we captured the moment. Notice the look of Jess's face - yeah, she clearly does not see the seriousness of the situation.

Self-portrait #108:

Dinner was amazingly good. I had the three cheese Monte Cristo and it was to die for!

Food porn for ya:

the amazing "Pompous Freets"

The regular Monte Cristo:

MY Three Cheese Monte Cristo:

Our Mickey Big-nets (what normals people call beignets):

After dinner we made our way towards the Matterhorn and then the fireworks started. We were in a less that desirable location and watched for about 10 minutes before deciding to wait for the next night.

At that point, my mom, Jess and I decided to head back to the hotel because we were dead tired. Lisa and the girls decided to stay. We walked back to the hotel, got our room keys, showered and immediately fell asleep.

Review on the Ramada: gross

Up next: DAY TWO
Old 07-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
PirateFish989

Disneyland Day 2

Today is Saturday and our plan for the day is to do Disneyland from opening until DCA opens and then go over to DCA and do everything we want there and then head back over to Disneyland, watch fireworks, upgrade to APís for me, Jess and my mom and do as we pleased until we were too tired to function.

We woke up at like 6:30 and all did our morning thing. We had adjoining rooms with Lisa and the girls and Lisa knocked on the door to show us the magnificent free breakfast provided for us:

Jess and I headed over to see what else they had. It wasnít much, let me tell you. We brought back cereal for my mom and, if you read my last report, I wasnít going to throw away my momís cereal before she had eaten the last cheerio. Because that results in bad things happening. Bad. Things.

I guess that Lisa thought we were taking too long to get all our stuff ready so she, Kailyn and Megan left before us. Each group had a walkie talkie so when we got there, weíd just buzz them and get in line with them.

We left kinda not really, shortly after them and met them in line. Of course my mom coerced the kind people behind us to take pictures of us. We were all wearing our way cool tie dyed Mickey shirts. But it was a little chilly so you canít really see them because of our sweatshirts.

Self-Portrait #397

So we when the park opened (it was an Early Entry day so no rope drop), I think we headed straight to Thunder Mountain because we had yet to ride that and it is one of our favorites. Lisa and my mom had headed over to Space Mountain to get fastpasses and then met us over there. It was closed when we first got there but upon careful inspection (i.e. waiting around not sure what to do) we saw the CMís start to do the ďgetting the ride readyĒ dance. The momís hadnít arrived yet so we went in anyway. AS we were boarding the train, we saw the moms ask for the back and, as there was only one train running at the time, they had to wait for the next ride. This would give us ample time to take pictures of them on the ride.
What they want people to think they look like:

What they REALLY look like:

After Thunder Mountain, we went over to Splash Mountain. The momís decided not to go. Party Poopers. They were smart because we got really wet. Mostly me. Drenched is more like it. Especially my shorts. Completely soaked.

After wards, Lisa really really really wanted to go on Pooh, and the 12-year-olds being 12-years-old refused. As did my mom. And Jess, I think. Maybe. So Lisa and I went.

I think we may have gone on Indiana Jones next, but my memory of that morning is quite fuzzy at this time. And I donít have a Plan to go off of because it was all in Lisaís head.

I do remember exiting the park and heading over to DCA. The rope hadnít dropped yet and we were all hungry, due to the completely wretched breakfast we had at the hotel, so we stopped at the Bakersfield Bakery (or whatever it is called. I do know it has Bakersfield in it because I always think that is kind of cool as Bakersfield is only an hour from my house). Anyway, we all got our goodies and Lisa headed over to Soariní over CA for fastpasses. When she returned we all went towards Tower of Terror.

Now, my experience with Tower of Terror is limited and not good. The only time Iíve been on it is when I was 16 and I had gripped the handles so hard that my hands were tingly for the next 20 minutes. And I fear free falling.

So youíre asking, why the heck is she going on this?

Iíll be honest. I donít know. But why not give it a second chance?

So through the entire queue I was nervous. Really nervous. My mom decided not to go on it, so I kind of clung to Jess. We got on and my heart started beating very fast. I almost started hyperventilating, but didnít. That was Megan. And no one really sympathized with her. Because Jess was trying to make me not panic and I was panicking myself. Weíre a tough group Ė no sympathy whatsoever. We never let anyone forget anything stupid that they have done. No matter how long ago it happened. You better have so pretty thick skin to hang with us. But it is so much fun.

So to make a long story short, I survived. And it was fun. And I learned that while Iím screaming my brains out (as is everyone else), Jess giggles. A lot. Uncontrollable giggling.

*A look back on being 12: 12-year-olds scream. Loudly. A lot.

So I donít really remember what we did next. I think we went over to the Boardwalk area and got fastpasses for Mulholland Madness and then went towards California Screaminí and Toy Story Midway Mania and got in line for that.

We flirted with Mr. Potato Head and made our way through the line. And took the obligatory picture all wearing the 3-D glasses. Most of us had never been on this ride before and had no idea what to expect. I was expecting more of a Buzz Lightyear type ride but this is nothing like Buzz. This is better. So much better. It makes me smile just thinking about it. Completely amazing. I was paired with Jess, the moms were together and then the 12-year-olds. Jess beat me that time, but Kailyn won overall.

Oh man, what a blast that was. Give me a minute to reminisce.

Thank you.

So by that time we could get more fastpasses so we got some for California Screaminí (they removed the Mickey Head!!!! And put a huge sun in its place. I dislike it. A lot. I miss Mickey). This whole afternoon is kind of a blur. At this point I think we went back to Soariní over California and did that. Then back to Mulholland Madness and did that and then went back to California Screaminí and got more fastpasses and rode that with our old fastpasses.

At this point Iím thinking that Iím starting to love DCA. A lot. There are so many great rides here. Why does it get so much flack. True, it isnít Disneyland and it never will be, but it has its own charm and feel and it really is a lot of fun.

We went over to the wharf area as we were starting to get really really hungry. We split up and the moms got something in the Wharf area and the rest of us got chicken strip things at the Farmerís Market in a Bugís Land. Except Jess Ė she got a salad. Because sheís healthy.

We all met in the Bugís Land area and ate at the picnic area there.

Half way through I was sent over to Tower of Terror to get another set of fastpasses. When I got back, we headed over to Monsterís Inc. and did that. Jess had never done that before and it is so cute. Next we went towards Grizzly River Run and Lisa got fastpasses for that, much to our dismay. We went over to Mulholland Madness and did that (the 12-year-olds continued with their Hand Slappy-ing) and then went all the way back to Tower of Terror. Kailyn and Megan were doing their Hand Slapping while waiting to enter our elevator. The CM caught on and on our way out, when the elevator opens to let us off, the CM was doing it with another CM.

(Continued in next post)
Old 07-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
PirateFish989

At this point we went over to Grizzly River Run. My mom refused to go so she plopped down on a bench with all our stuff. We peeled off our sweatshirts and some of us our tie dye shirts. Donít worry, we had camisoles on. I kept mine on because I was wearing a white camisole under and people usually tend to get WET on this ride.

We got in line and we took my momís camera with us because it is waterproof. We took some video:

And on the ride:

Arenít we cute?

And of course, we were soaked. My tie dyed shirt could be rung out. My shorts were dripping and my hairÖwell, we wonít go there.

We came upon my mom and we found:

We headed over to the bathroom to see if we could dry off a little. We found that the hand dryer in there could be used to dry clothes. How convenient. Or at least we made it convenient.

My shirt got a little drier and we also dried Lisaís shorts.

Lisa really wanted some wine so we sat her down and got her some wine.

After drying off, we went back to Toy Story and did that again. This time, at the last second, I beat Jess. It was probably the first time in my life that I have beat her at anything physical.

Next up, we went BACK to Monsterís Inc, took some pictures on our way in.

Now, as weíre heading towards the inside of the building, a small bird, hidden in the bushes, flies away over the queue area where Kailyn in walking. We hear a loud scream and suddenly Kailyn is down on the ground. I guess a bird attacked her once at the zoo. A month ago.

So this was our final ride at DCA. Itís nearing 6:30ish and weíre all soaked still. So we decide to head back to our hotel to change before going back to Disneyland.

Up next: Disneyland part deux.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Awesome update! And yes, TSMM is probably the most fun, addicting ride on the planet. I could play for days.
Bouncy!
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
magicallyDisney001
DIS Veteran

Great update! Looks like you guys had fun! And of course, TSMM requires a lot of physical skill So congrats on your victory!

Tumblr
"Nerdiness is not a state of being. It's a way of life."
The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? Psalm 27:1

magicallyDisney001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #13
basketballmom
Living in the Happiest Place in Texas!

I agree with you...I LOVE DCA and I miss the Mickey on Screamin'
basketballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #14
chickyann
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your next update
Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #15
merrrydeath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateFish989 View Post
Look at the creepy guy in the background:
Oh my gosh! Such a creepster...who does that?
merrrydeath is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: