Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
DeepScapeNine
Earning My Ears

Best Day/Time to visit new kiddie pool

Any have advice for when I should schedule the new FW kids' pool into our itinerary? I was thinking it would be less crowded on weekday mornings. It will be our first trip staying at FW and I don't have a clue about pool crowd levels.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
chilipyro
Mouseketeer

When are you going, and what are you thinking is too crowded? I haven't seen any crowd levels over Memorial weekend that would turn me off of the pool area. It is more crowded than it was last week, but far less crowded than a beach on a hot Summer day.
chilipyro is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
liv luvs disney
DIS Veteran

While I haven't stayed at FW yet, I do know from previous stays at ASMo and off-site places that most people hit the parks first thing in the morning. So I would think that would be a great time to have the pool with little to no crowds. But like I said, I haven't stayed at FW yet and things may be different there. Some others should chime in soon.
2006, 2007, 2008 ASMo
2009, 2010 Fort Wilderness
liv luvs disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
Shan-man
¿sɐɯʇsıɹɥɔ lıʇ, sʎɐp ʎuɐɯ ʍoH

Sunday is the big exodus/arrival day (in my experience) so I'm guessing between 10 and 2 on Sunday would likely be one of the quietest times at the pool.

Shan-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #5
DeepScapeNine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan-man View Post
Sunday is the big exodus/arrival day (in my experience) so I'm guessing between 10 and 2 on Sunday would likely be one of the quietest times at the pool.

Sunday morning would fit in well with my itenary if that is the case. I thought the weekend might be more crowded because of people arriving and having no park plans for that day.

My kids are really little (1 and 3 years old) and are often intimated and sometimes pushed around by older kids so we like to visit amenities when it's not crowded. Since there are only 2 of us to watch 3 kids, it's sometimes possible to lose track of one of them if it's too crowded as well.

Yeah, I know, I worry too much. It's why I'm planning out all our mornings and evenings (and using TourGuideMike's advice!). I would just hate to walk all the way over to the pool just to find it too crowded for us to enjoy it.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
DeepScapeNine
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilipyro View Post
When are you going, and what are you thinking is too crowded? I haven't seen any crowd levels over Memorial weekend that would turn me off of the pool area. It is more crowded than it was last week, but far less crowded than a beach on a hot Summer day.

We haven't set a date yet but it will be sometime between July 19 - August 8 so we can get the value rates. I'm leaning towards a Thur-Sun or Sat-Tue schedule depending on what's available.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: