Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

Lightbulb Planning Cards

**EDIT July 22/12**

The templates are available in the following sizes (note, they are front and back)
4x6 (only available for 3 - 8 days... not enough room for more columns)
5x7
Unfortunately, my computer has taken a turn for the worse and I am no longer able to e-mail these planners out individually.

Here is a screen shot of the EPCOT 5x7 template. I have completed a planner for each of the four parks, they have different themed images. I apologize for the size, I know they are hard to read but I didn't want to take up too much room.

EPCOT (Epcot mickey image courtesy of Diser Donatalie!):

Front Back

Here is an example of the 7 day trip planner. I have completed 3 through 10 days.

Front Back
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop

Last edited by Mickey's Best Girl; 07-22-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: links no longer valid
Mickey's Best Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Here's some thoughts...

How about a spot for ADR's or CS restaurants or food stops.
Maybe a place to jot down the photopass card #'s
How about a list of character spots?

IDK that might be too much info for a card?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
Candy30
DIS Veteran

Hi

What about a space for possible shows and show times?

All Star Music Sept 2001
Pop 2009 trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291582
Candy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

For the OCD planner like me, a place to put in all the yummy snacks they've been dreaming of trying! Definitely ADR time/ conf number place, maybe even a place to put in the order they want to hit attractions?

OK, so I may need a full size page.

My name is flipflopmom and I have an addiction to planning!
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #5
mfitzgerrel
Earning My Ears

from one ocd planner to another...

I am in the process of compiling information to make something similar for my late Aug trip. I went through the boards and found all of the ride and attraction length times thinking that maybe this will help in the decision of what rides we have time for in between fast pass rides and ADRs. Again, I am kind of organized and maybe that is taking it a litte bit to far for your average Dis-er . I was also thinking about adding a space for ADR's and confirmation numbers as others have said and parade and special event times. I also made all of mine with the park hours for not just one day, but for all of the days of our stay so that in the case of rain or if we want to revisit or attend certain parades or take advantage of EMH at another park, I have that infnormation at fingertips.
mfitzgerrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #6
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfitzgerrel View Post
I am in the process of compiling information to make something similar for my late Aug trip. I went through the boards and found all of the ride and attraction length times thinking that maybe this will help in the decision of what rides we have time for in between fast pass rides and ADRs. Again, I am kind of organized and maybe that is taking it a litte bit to far for your average Dis-er . I was also thinking about adding a space for ADR's and confirmation numbers as others have said and parade and special event times. I also made all of mine with the park hours for not just one day, but for all of the days of our stay so that in the case of rain or if we want to revisit or attend certain parades or take advantage of EMH at another park, I have that infnormation at fingertips.
May I ask where you found the info re: ride & attraction length times? It would be awesome to have that to make calculations!
Thanks for posting!
Gretchen
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
sandiegosusie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Best Girl View Post
I would like some input.

I am trying to assist other dissers by creating index sized planning cards. I would like some feedback on what you would like to see on each of these cards. My plan is to make one for each park, they will be double sided. The planner will pick the day to use the cards. I will add a table for parades and fireworks times. What am I missing?

Please check it out here!!

TIA
Hi Mickey's Girl,
I made cards a few years ago and I had our hotel number included, our ADR#'s, counter service restaurants, dining phone number, parade times, must see events/rides, shopping lists. My cards were the size of an enlarged business card, laminated and put on a caribeaner (sp) and hooked to my little Jansport backpack. One for each park. I like your ideas! Thanks again for hooking me up with your planning bible pages by the way!

DCLWonder 2003
DCL Wonder 2007
DCL Magic 2009
DCL Dream 2013
DL annual passholders...too many trips to count.
WL 2003
CSR 2007
POR 2008
POFQ 2009
CR 2011
sandiegosusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:51 AM   #8
gymbomominNC
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for sharing..I have been looking everywhere for a template!
gymbomominNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Luv It!

Hey, Mickey's Best Girl- do you think you will make one with clip art for each park? I think the one you did with the MK is superb. I love that you use color etc. I hope you make some more up, thanks for sharing your talent!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Lil Bo Peep
Mouseketeer

If you do make more let me know too. I love this stuff it make organizing things alot easier.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Lil Bo Peep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #11
floridascgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Mickey's Best Girl, Love your cards! If you end up making some for each park, please post b/c I would love to have a copy. Thanks so much for sharing your work.

Many trips as a child! 2005 Thanksgiving Wilderness Lodge2008 Jan. Wilderness Lodge
2009 Jan/Feb Animal Kingdom Lodge2009 Dec. Animal Kingdom Lodge2010 July Boardwalk Inn2011 Feb. Animal Kingdom Lodge2012 Nov. Pop Century

floridascgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
SilverL
My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!

Can you send it to me? nirnaeth@gmail.com

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m6b514zwo2i71.png[/img]
Read my Pre-Trip Report : DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!"
SilverL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #13
adamtraci
Earning My Ears

I would love to have them! tracisup@yahoo.com Thanks Traci
adamtraci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #14
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtraci View Post
I would love to have them! tracisup@yahoo.com Thanks Traci
You didn't specify the number of vacation days you need the planning table for so I guessed and sent you an 8 day (as well as the 4 parks). If you need a different one, just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverL View Post
Can you send it to me? nirnaeth@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianboy View Post
ranmars at mts.net Much appreciated
Sent!
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop
Mickey's Best Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #15
razzledazzle2
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for doing this. I too would love a 8 day for all 4 parks sent to razzledazzlebows @ comcast.net
razzledazzle2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: