Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Online Games
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Jackoman
I wonder if the Tag Fairy has been to Disneyland before...
Yes I have :)

What game do you play instead of VMK?

If you have a "replacement" game for VMK, what is it?

I love playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It is so much fun making Disney parks on it!
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it, is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You are moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas, you have just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone.
Jackoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
BobRichmond
May the Mind family (picturebelow) and food clones RIP on VMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoman View Post
If you have a "replacement" game for VMK, what is it?...
I don't think I will ever find any 1 game to replace all that VMK had for me. That said the following games are what I am currently playing or looking forward to playing once they are released.

Pirates of the Caribbean Online (and test also)
I played this a lot right after VMK closed. Really loved the sailing and ship battling aspect of it. However coming to the end of the quest lines, mastering sailing, and the lack of updates of interest to me has caused me to play a lot less now.

Wizard101 (and test when it is open)
I played this a lot as my interest in Pirates waned. Love the deck based, combat part of it. My interest waned a bit when I came to the temporary end of the story line, but the story has been expanded now. Really looking forward to the soon to be released housing (decorating the interiors and exteriors of prebuilt rooms and "castles") aspect of this game. This will add a social aspect to this game that has not been realized yet in other games I am playing.

Guild Wars (Phophecies campaign)
Really love this game as it takes me back to my past love of console based, sword/sorcery, RPGs. The best part for me is that a lot of it can be played solo using only computer generated henchmen. It also is a well established game, so if I need help there usually are others around to be asked.

Metaplace - closed beta for now with keys available
I have just started this game and see good potential in the building and socializing aspects of it. In this game you are given your "world" that can include up to 10 places. There are a lot of building possibilities in your world and you can also place "teleports" to other players worlds.

Free Realms beta coming
This is a game being built by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE). From the pictures and videos that have been released it looks rather amazing.

I tried Elf Island in early beta and it did not appeal to me much.
Outofmymind on FreeRealms beta
bobrichmond on Metaplace beta

RIP OutOfMyMind on Virtual Magic Kingdom
BobRichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
bevgray
Believer in eBooks

Wizard101

Recently started World of Warcraft (now I know where all the classic PC RPGs went).
bevgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Kasiks
DIS Veteran

In the last months, I've played RoseOnline, Gaia, Florensia, ... but then I got bored of playing in November of those games.
I started playing again Tales of Pirates on 21th of January but got bored after two months and I started playing GodsWar like two weeks ago and I am already bored of it -_-.
So right now, nothing except my ds games while waiting in the train

Last edited by Kasiks; 03-30-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Kasiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
tinkabellspirate
Lost between islands mostly.

I dont think anyone who ever played VMK ever thought of it as just a game.. more like a stroll through the park on a virtual basis. where dreams came and went.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #6
budcollector
DIS Veteran

i play Wizard101, but i've become Bored with it [nothing to do but farm and make new wizards], so now i'm looking for a new game to play.

Christmas @ Disney, Dec. 21-27
budcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
DisneyFairytale
DIS Veteran

My question is what's VMK?

On my laptop I have Zoo Tycoon as well as Sims and Roller Coaster. Are there any Disney games out there for adults? *cough*
DisneyFairytale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
Kasiks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairytale View Post
http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Vmk
Kasiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
ihavewaycutecats
♪♫♪Today was a fairytale, I wore a dress, you wore a dark grey t-shirt. You told me I was pretty, when I looked like a mess. Today was a fairytale. Time slows down whenever you're around...♪♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFairytale View Post

On my laptop I have Zoo Tycoon as well as Sims and Roller Coaster. Are there any Disney games out there for adults? *cough*
Vmk was the best online virtual world on the internet! It was for anyone of all ages! Sadly though, last year Disney closed it. I don't really understand why the closed it, I mean it can't be because of money problems. Disney is a billion dollar company after all! It was a game that will always be missed by millions.

I really don't think adults would get into any of the Disney games that are out now. Disney has Club Penguin, Pixie Hollow, Pirates, and Toon Town. They really aren't made for people older than 12. Well Pirates is more for older crowd 13-17. Idk I don't really get into those games at all. If you would like to try them, you can.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #10
Shadowkevin
Mouseketeer

I play a few new games now but none of the games out there are near the same as VMK.

SmallWorlds
Wizards 101
Poptropica
Shadowkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:42 PM   #11
MusicalDisneyDreams
Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring
♫ There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow ♪

Location: Maybe WDW or DLR. If so, probably hunting down a Dole Whip Float with my name on it. Hopefully somewhere quiet reading a good book. Possibly scrapbooking. Most likely at my home, in the shadow of the Colorado Rockies.

Nothing will ever replace VMK.
But I now play FusionFall, a Cartoon Network MMO. I really like it, but they are horrible with time frames. Free-to-Play was like 4 and a half months late, and still no expansion.
I used to play ToonTown, but it lost its novelty really fast.
2013 DLR Graduation, offsite ~ 2011 DLR Christmas, offsite ~ 2010 DLR 15th b-day, offsite ~ 2010 WDW School Choir Trip ASMusic+POFQ ~ 2008 WDW POFQ momma+me (MNSSHP) ~ 2007 WDW POP Christmas ~ 2005 DLR Cristmas, off-site ~ 2003 WDW ASMusic Christmas

"And now, ladies and gentlemen... the incredible, the amazing, the eighth wonder of the world... the back side of water!"
MusicalDisneyDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:31 AM   #12
AlienNation
I may not be able to tag anyone, but at least I can make crop circles!!
Sometimes I wonder if Texas is its own country

Well last time I posted here I was in WoW, but since left that. As of right now, I am playing The Lord of the Rings Online. And for those who may be looking for a free game, it is turning Free to Play soon and they are in the Beta Stages of testing (still taking applications for Beta) for the switch over to F2P..
And I didn't feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain
Just smile back... - Em
AlienNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
xSakura
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is awesome, I remember being addicted to it some time ago. I don't really have a replacement game for VMK (although I did play VFK... for about 5 minutes), but these are some games that I enjoy playing:

Harvest Moon: Animal Parade (farming video game)
Flyff (MMO where you can fly and fight monsters)
Mabinogi (another online game, made by Nexon [creators of Maplestory])
Pangya (online golf game)
Audition (online dancing game)

I used to play Toontown, POTC, and Club Penguin but eventually quit. I also play Webkinz, Gaia Online, and Neopets but I don't really consider those "games".
xSakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:47 AM   #14
jillyronald
Earning My Ears

I like all Disney parks game. But mostly I prefer Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. It is too much fun making Disney parks on it with different types of characters and a best thing is there are very attractive animated colourful background.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: