Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
missymj
Mouseketeer

Beach Club - Club Level (concierge); any recent reviews?

I'm truly debating whether the Club Level at the Beach Club is truly worth it. I've been reading posts and this resorts seems to be rated the worst in regards to offerings! Any recent reviews would be appreciated!
missymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

We stayed BC CL last July and YC CL in October. They are very similar.

We thought BC CL was great, no problems at all. The breakfast offerings were typical CL morning offerings - juice, coffee, hot chocolate, bagels, muffins, pastries, croissants, cereal, fruit, etc. There were sodas out, and juice dispensers. We really didn't do the snacks in the afternoon but I think there were goldfish, cookies, pretzels, etc.

Evening offerings were two hot appetizers (usually one was a soup), cheese and crackers, vegetables and dips, uncrustables, and such.

Night time had lots of mini desserts and cordials.

They had wine out in the evening, but they told us we could ask for wine or beer any time during the day.

We liked it so much we booked two weeks BC CL deluxe room this summer!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

We booked the BC CL but switched to the BWI CL instead...the BC CL reviews were not that great and the main thing is the very small size of the CL and people reported the food would be wiped out very fast and there is no where to sit
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
JuneCleaver
Mouseketeer

We stayed there last July and it was fine. The club room is small, however, we never had an issue with tables or lack of food. Our expectations were to use the club for a light breakfast and maybe a quick snack. We didn't use it as our full meal. They were very accommodating when I asked for iced tea in the morning as I think Disney coffee is nasty and after my first request, every morning when I went down, they pulled iced tea from the fridge before I could ask for it.

We stayed Club level as we wanted a certain type of room. We had a deluxe room that was enormous with a huge balcony. With 3 teen boys, room size is very important to us. All 3 boys found the evening offerings a great appetizer to dinner...the food was good and as intended, appetizers. They had a hot offering, a soup, light appetizers such as hummus etc every evening and a nice selection of wine/beer. The dessert offerings were fine the one night we went up there...we are in the parks most evenings so we didn't utilize the dessert buffet.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would stay there again....we love the Beach Club.

June
JuneCleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
Family24
Mouseketeer

JuneCleaver - Were you on the same floor as Concierge or in the Deluxe room which I think is on another floor. If you were on a different floor was it a long walk or easy to do? We are going to Poly this January but our kids are now 8 and 11 so our next trip want to try Beach or Yacht. I like the look of the beach club but we also like our balcony.
Family24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

The lounge is too small, but the food offerings were good and the CMs were great.

We were in a deluxe room. There are no deluxe rooms on the 5th floor where the lounge is. You have to take the elevator. The deluxe rooms are a pretty long walk from the lounge. The room itself is roomy and very nice.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
Misti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
We were in a deluxe room. There are no deluxe rooms on the 5th floor where the lounge is. You have to take the elevator. The deluxe rooms are a pretty long walk from the lounge. The room itself is roomy and very nice.

Here are some Deluxe room pix if anyone is curious about the room. Sorry the quality is bad, they were taken with my phone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: