Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

The Official Cake Thread - Photo Gallery & Cake Info

Welcome to the home of the
Official Cake Thread Photo Gallery

There have been many requests for a cake thread that is more of a gallery and shows photos and cake info only, without any chatter about cakes.

Your request is our pleasure and here it is!

How this will work is that all photos and cake info will be place in THIS CHATTER THREAD, which is the official cake chatter thread. Moderators will move those photos over here in a timely manner.

When posting photos on the chatter thread please include:

Price:
Date Received:
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc:
Anything else special about that particular cake:

(To those viewing the gallery - Please remember that cakes ordered a long time ago may no longer be relevant, or available, but are still pretty to look at)

Can't wait to see and talk about all of the new cakes!

CAKE FAQ
Thanks to Lurkyloo & CakeManBri for your help with the FAQ Facts

Online Cake Orders
Disney doesn't have the capacity to order cakes via email right now, nor to do they have a website that you can see your options at. Initial contact requesting a cake needs to be done through the cake hot line or private dining. You MAY be given an email for future correspondence with the chef. Please do not post any email addresses on this thread, the mods will remove them. You can review some options that other DIS’ers have had by viewing either this thread or the CAKE GALLERY thread for just cake photos.

I need to call Disney to order my cake. Who do I call?
It depends on what type of cake you are ordering and where you want it delivered to.

Restaurant serves a ‘normal’ cake
Call the Cake Hot line (407 827-2253)

Deliver my cake to my Disney resort room please
Call Private Dining at your resort. There are mixed results on having a cake delivered to a resort that does not have private dining, but occasionally guests have been able to pick one up in the food court or an on-site restaurant.

How do I order a Fancy or Fondant covered cake?
To order a fancy cake, you need to call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian, The Contemporary, BoardWalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge or Yacht and Beach Club. If you want the cake delivered to a restaurant, you will need to have an ADR at a restaurant within the resort whose bakery you choose. If you want a cake delivered to your room, you will need to be staying at the resort whose bakery you choose.

But I want my cake at the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge!
You may be able to have one made and delivered by the bakery at The Contemporary. Call Private Dining to see what your options are.

Can I get a fancy/fondant covered cake inside the theme park? Generally “No”. You may be able to if you are having a private event and pay to have one transported in. The exception to this seems to be Cinderella’s Royal Table. On occasion The Contemporary’s bakery will deliver to CRT.

Can I order a cake for pick-up?
The BoardWalk Bakery allows you to order cakes for pick-up. None of the other resort bakeries have storefronts.

What are my cake options and how much do they cost?
The only way to know for sure what options are available and what the prices are is to call either the Cake Hotline or Private Dining at the resort you want. The information in this thread is strictly unofficial and should be treated as such.

MILK FREE INFO
Originally Posted by trolleymom
I just called the MK bakery and was told that they can make milk free cakes! She thinks that they can put a design on it also. I asked for an Ariel design. This is the first time that I will not have to make my own birthday cake!

Original Cake Thread
Cake thread Part II

Cake thread part III

Current Chatter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Yeah, it sure would be nice if Disney had a website set up, but they have so many bakeries offering so many different options, it must be too hard to standardize the choices.

If it helps, here's what's on the cake-ordering sheet for the BoardWalk Bakery. Obviously, it doesn't list every possibility, so you should definitely talk to someone there if you want something not on the list.

6-inch readymade cake (frozen cake) - $21+ tax

* serves 4-6
* no special decorations
* Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream only
* no advance notice

6-inch fresh cake - $21+tax

* serves 4-6
* no special decorations
* Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream OR Chocolate Cake/Chocolate Buttercream
* 48-hour notice required

8-inch fresh cake - $32+tax

* serves 8
* no special decorations
* Vanilla/White Chocolate Filling/White Chocolate Icing OR Chocolate/Dark Chocolate Filling/Dark Chocolate Icing

Mickey head cake - 48+tax

* serves 8 (chepic reports it may serve 14-16!)
* no special decorations
* Vanilla Cake or Chocolate Cake

Special Cakes

* prices vary
* special decorations are extra

10-inch, serves 16: $45 for cake + $30 for decorations

1/4 sheet, serves 20: $55 for cake + $35 for decorations

1/2 sheet, serves 40: $80 for cake + $40 for decorations

Full sheet, serves 80: $120 for cake + $55 for decorations

Cake Flavors
Chocolate
Vanilla
Marble

Filling Flavors
Buttercream
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Mousse

Icing
White Buttercream
Chocolate Buttercream
Whipped Cream

Order Form:

Last edited by Tricia1972; 05-17-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Clarify FAQ
Old 03-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

I'm not 100% sure of the price because I believe it went up at one location to $20 but is still $14 at the other. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the details. Meanwhile I have a couple of photos of how they look at each place. Some have been surprised with a dark chocolate slipper at CRT but it's upredicible.

Here's how it is at GF:

Here's how it is at the CRT (white chocolate):

CRT (dark chocolate):

Last edited by Pumbaa_; 03-23-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: post #57 from chatter thread
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

This is a cake I got at the YC....sadly I didn't know my step-granddaughter was allergic to strawberries, it had strawberries in the filling.

This one was for my dd's 13th birthday....GF Cafe. Very yummy.

The Nemo one was about $100, about a year ago; the Tink one was $85, in '06.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
luckymom3
Mouseketeer

our cake was for my in laws 45th anniversary
$50 from the Grand Floridian on 10/2/08
Whipped Cream frosting, Strawberries and bavarian cream inside.
Abo****ely worth every penny. We all still talk about how delcicious that cake was!

May 07 Land/Sea 4days Carribean Beach, 4 days Disney Wonder
Sept 28-Oct 3 2008 BCV
Nov 29-Dec 4 2009 Old Key West
April 25- 29 2010 Disney Wonder
Planning our next trip to AKV for November

Old 03-24-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
billysmommy
Mouseketeer

Here is my birthday cake It was absolutely delicious
$65.00 + tax & gratuity ($35.00 for the cake and $30.00 decorating fee)
Jan 26, 2009
1900 Park Faire at GF
8" Yellow cake with white chocolate mousse filling. Pink fondant with Cinderella's slipper on top filled with whipped cream and raspberries. I also asked if they could put a few flowers on the top and it looked perfect!!!
When I had called Linda was on vacation and the woman who helped me asked the chef if they could do something like I had asked. When she came back to tell me they could she gave me a choice of 8" or 10" so we went with the 8".

Last edited by Pumbaa_; 03-29-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #6
SnoWhiteRabbit
DIS Veteran

Liberty Tree Tavern - Jan 2008
Chocolate butter cream with yellow cake
about $40 - $45

Next Trip 8/14 So Much to Celebrate! ASMo * 12/10 Our Very Merry SuRpRiSe ChRiStMaS TRiP * 1/08 Grand Gathering POR - Papa's 70th & Blaise's 6th - Pirate & Princess Party! * 11/05 POR - Jersey Week - Food & Wine Festival * 12/04 POP & ASMo - MVMCP * 10/02 POFQ & ASMo - DD 4th Birthday & MNSSHP * 5/01 AKL & POR - Flower & Garden Festival * 5/00 ASMo - Flower & Garden Festival * Childhood trips... 7/83 Disneyland * 2/79 POL * 12/75 First Trip - age 6 (off site) Thanks Gramma for the best Christmas gift ever! I'll always remember the magic...*

Last edited by Pumbaa_; 03-29-2009 at 06:41 PM. Reason: post #129 on chatter thread
Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
TinkerLily
Mouseketeer

Price $35-$40
8" white cake with white icing
Delivered to 1900 Park Fare at the GF

Last edited by Pumbaa_; 04-03-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: post 192 on chatter thread
Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

PRICE: $90.00

DATE RECEIVED: JANUARY 12TH, 2009

STEAKHOUSE BAKERY

CAKE INFO: 10", MARBLE CAKE, RASPBERRY MOUSSE FILLING, WHITE BUTTERCREAM UNDER FONDANT, SUGAR FLOWERS - ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!

SPECIAL REQUESTS: We wanted some silver incorporated into the cake since it was our 25th anniversary. As you can see the "banner" on the front is silver, and it also had some silver sparkle on the sugar flowers. It was GORGEOUS

BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95

Last edited by Pumbaa_; 04-03-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: post 206 on chatter thread
Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #9
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

We ordered this cake for our DD in March

Price: $32 for cake + $15 for topper
Date Received: March 8, 2009
Cake info - Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Mousse filling and chocolate icing. The cake topper was white chocolate and was DD's favorite part of the cake.
Anything else special about that particular cake: The cake was pretty good. A little dry around the edges but the mousse filling helped with the dryness.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #10
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

This is the cake we ordered for our twin DS's in March:

Price: $48per
Date Received: March 11, 2009
Cake info - White cake with white buttercream icing on the inside, chocolate on the outside.
Anything else special about that particular cake: This cake was really good. Extremely moist and not overly sweet. My DH and kids snacked on it all week.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #11
Disneymomma41304
Mouseketeer

Cake

Okay I have some pictures. We had breakfast at O'hanas last Sunday and that was perfect as usual. I had ordered a cake and was super excited. I had a 10 inch ordered but when a few people fell threw I called back and went with the 8 inch. She told me no design could be added (I had orginally went with a monorail theme). But she did say it could be festive and have Mickey sprinkles. I told her I wanted lots of color and pop. I went with teh vanilla cake and buttercream frosting. I was VERY disappointed!! The cake was a spongy type and it was soooo dull. I am so glad the cake was no bigger. They did transport it to our room at the CBR but from there it went into the garbage.

Caribbean Beach Resort 2007-March & September
Wilderness Lodge Villas 2008 All Star Movies 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort 2009 Port Orleans Riverside 2010Caribbean Beach 2010
Port Orleans Riverside 2011Coronado Springs Resort 2011 CBR May 2011
Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #12
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Lurkyloo told me to post this.

Here is the cake we had for our son from AKL at Boma for his birthday a month ago. I believe it was $48.00 total. It was ALL chocolate. You could choose not to have that as the cake, but we love chocolate. Even the face is white chocolate that is hand painted. They said that it would feed 8, but it really could have easily fed 14-16. And it was YUMMY!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #13
december14disney
December Magic

Hi all! We were at Disney last week for my birthday. My fiance had ordered a cake to be delivered to Ohana. We both were dissapointed in the whole thing. First. The people at Ohana forgot about the cake so my fiance actually had to ask totally ruining the surprise. Also. He was incredibly limited to what he could do. He asked for white cake, raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. They said they could only do chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse or buttercream as fillings. He agreed to buttercream filling. For $45 dollars and at a place where they make wedding cakes of all kinds...I find it hard to believe that they couldnt do a simple filling.
The cake was cute:

But I guess they gave him a ton of hassle for ordering a custom cake with Rafiki. They kept telling him about the premade podium cakes pushing and pushing them on him. He called a few different cast members. Overall I was confused. How could LurkyLoo get that AWESOME anniversary cake but my fiance couldnt get raspberry filling and a printed image? The cake overall was not the buttercream we were expecting. It was so cold it was almost frozen and therefore the cake had a weird texture.

Very weird. And the worst part is that my fiance was devestated. He wanted this to be one of the best birthday surprises, had to ruin it by asking about it in front of me and then it was kinda yucky. So I think for our September trip I am going to call every day until I can get the perfect cake for HIM as a surprise to make up for it.

Either way:

10 inch
White cake, buttercream filling, buttercream frosting
Rafiki image
$45 dollars
08/10 Trip with 30 friends!
10/10 at Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas!

Proud member of the Kidani Club and proud DVC owner!

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kidanikatie
Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Cakes to Pick Up

I was at WDW over the weekend and decided to investigate the on-property options for picking up a cake (for those who donít want to order a cake for a restaurant meal using the Cake Hotline or for their hotel room using Private Dining at their resort). Most of this info has been mentioned on this thread before, but I thought Iíd put it all together in one post (also, I scored a copy of BoardWalk Bakeryís cake order sheet, so Iíll post that below!)

In a nutshell, only the BoardWalk Bakery offers fancy cakes for pickup, and those must be ordered 48 hours in advance. (The cakes on display at the bottom of the case are not for sale.)

The Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom offers only 6-inch Sara Lee cakes for pickup, and I was told you need to give them a few hoursí notice so they can defrost the cake for you. They also have simple pre-made cakes at some of the resort food courts. The only one I investigated was Pop Centuryís, so Iíll put that info below.

BoardWalk Bakery
There are no readymade cakes for sale here except the frozen 6-inch ones you can also get at restaurant podiums, but with 48 hoursí notice you can arrange to pick up a fresh cake. Iíll post their cake ordering form below, but the basic options are

6-inch readymade cake (frozen cake) - $21+ tax
  • serves 4-6
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream only
  • no advance notice

6-inch fresh cake - $21+tax
  • serves 4-6
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream OR Chocolate Cake/Chocolate Buttercream
  • 48-hour notice required

8-inch fresh cake - $32+tax
  • serves 8
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla/White Chocolate Filling/White Chocolate Icing OR Chocolate/Dark Chocolate Filling/Dark Chocolate Icing

Mickey head cake - 48+tax
  • serves 8 (chepic reports it may serve 14-16!)
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla Cake or Chocolate Cake

Special Cakes
  • prices vary
  • special decorations are extra

10-inch, serves 16: $45 for cake + $30 for decorations

1/4 sheet, serves 20: $55 for cake + $35 for decorations

1/2 sheet, serves 40: $80 for cake + $40 for decorations

Full sheet, serves 80: $120 for cake + $55 for decorations

Cake Flavors
Chocolate
Vanilla
Marble

Filling Flavors
Buttercream
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Mousse

Icing
White Buttercream
Chocolate Buttercream
Whipped Cream

Order Form:

They had a Mickey head cake and a princess-themed cake on display at the bottom of the case.

And they appeared to be working on a custom cake that day.

Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom
The only cakes available for pickup here are the 6-inch frozen Sara Lee cakes that you can order at the podium at any MK restaurant. They cost $21 + tax and require a few hoursí notice if you want them defrosted first. Hereís a picture of the frozen cake we got at the podium at Tonyís Town Square (plus some Halloween sprinkles). If you like supermarket cake, you will like the Sara Lee cakes.

Value Resort Food Courts
The only place I investigated was Pop Century, but I would imagine the All-Stars have similar offerings. There were two kinds of 6-inch cake in the refrigerated case near the bottled drinks: Vanilla Cake w/ Vanilla Buttercream and Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. These also appear to be Sara Lee cakes. The price is $21 + tax.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #15
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Just back from our anniversary trip. Here are the pics of the cake I ordered for our dinner at Narcoossee's. Let me just say it far exceeded my expectations. The pics really don't do it justice. The bakery took it upon themselves to make the gorgeous sugar roses in the middle. You can't see it well in the pics, but they were covered in sparkles. It also tasted fantastic. I was not however prepared for how big it would be. I knew going into it I had to order a 10" to get what I wanted, but it's hard to imagine it until you see it in person. We shared it with friends the next day & had some in the room, but still had 1/2 a cake left. We gave it to bell services when we checked out. Just an FYI if you're ordering a 10" cake & you plan to take the leftovers with you you'll need a full sized refrigerator to store it. Also it was not on my dinner bill. Pat asked me for my credit card when she took the order & said it would be charged the day of. Maybe they've changed their policy & no longer add it to the bill. Too bad because I would have saved 20% with my TIW card. Oh well still worth it!

Here's what I ordered:

Date: 5/4/09
10" chocolate cake with amaretto mousse filling & white buttercream - $45
White swags, sugar roses & red mickeys - $30
6 strawberries - $15.00
Total - $90.00

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: