Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Prince Charming takes his Princesses to Disney World~Updated 6/7 with ADR's

Hi everyone!!

This is my first foray into a pre-trip report...heck any type of trip report for that matter! I hope I do this justice and don't sound like a goober

Anyway, let me introduce the family. There is me, DW extraordinaire and Head Princess, Margaret. My favorite character is Belle and DH would say it is more of an obsession... ok, maybe it is.

I have been married to DH, Rod , for almost 14 years and he is my Prince Charming. His favorite Disney character is Mulan. Which is good b/c I like her.

Our little Princess is Paige. She is 4 and is the light of our lives, sometimes she turns that light off and it gets dark, but then she turns it right back on. Her favorite character is Ariel. Also a good choice as I like her also.

This will be the second family trip. We took DD for her 2nd b-day and brought my parents along for that one. This one will just be the 3 of us and I am extremely excited.

Here is how it all came to be:

At the end of January we decided to do a good behavior calendar, stickers for good days, x's for not so good days. Paige decided that after getting 12 stickers we would take her bowling. At the end of February, DH decided that if she got "lots" of stickers we would go to Disney World!!!!! Of course all I heard was "go to Disney World"

That same weekend I decided to check out the price of flights to Florida. We had already decided to go over Labor Day since it required the fewest days off work. Guess what??? I found 3 round trip, direct flights for less than $500 total!!! I couldn't believe it!! So, DH says, book it. Guess who is going to Disney World???

So far, we have plane tickets. That's it, nothing more, just plane tickets. But that is okay, I have a countdown going...at work. I am trying to keep this a secret from DD so it will be a surprise, not sure if I can keep up with it though.

Since I am the planner of the house, I have already bought a book to help me remember all those things I need to do before going....like book a room. No, seriously, I know I need to book a room but it is nice to have something to keep me sane until we fly out. I have some ideas of where I want to stay, yep it is all about where I want to stay b/c if Momma's not happy, ain't nobody happy! I would love to stay at POFQ but the economy may decide on All Star Sports. Either one works for me as long as I get to go. I am trying to hold out a little longer to see what deals Disney drums up but am also checking out what kind a deal I get thru AAA. I have the best AAA TA and I know if I book thru her and Disney comes out with a better deal she will work her magic to get that for me. I am soo lucky to have her.

That is all I have for today, I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I do. Once I figure out how to insert pics, I will add some. Sometimes technology can be so difficult.

Thank you for reading...

Me DD

Last edited by princesspaige; 06-07-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

How could I forget

There is another member of our family who never gets to go anywhere with us...his name is Apollo and he is our dog DH likes to call him Big Brother (a play on Little Brother from Mulan).

Poor Apollo has to stay home but he always has great company. We hire the neighbor kid to watch him, play with him, and on occasion, sleep at the house with him. I think he prefers that to going anywhere with us. Probably because his only car trips involve either the vet or the groomer...both of which he hates!!

Good news today, I made our reservations for the big trip. We are planning on staying at POFQ. I am really excited. DH and I stayed at POR a few years ago and really enjoyed it. After seeing some of the pics of the resort, I am even more excited.

I feel like it will be a lifetime before vacation ever gets here, but I am hoping this pre-trip report will help ease the pain of not going NOW.

I still haven't figured out how to insert pics but that is my goal tonight, maybe tomorrow, well honestly anytime before we leave.

Until next time, happy reading....

Me DD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #3
shordiebecka
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Things sound great, the good behavior chart is such a fun idea Your vaca will be here before you know it, I promise. Can't wait to to hear more!!!
1990-Carribean Beach**1992- Port Orleans** 1996-All Star Music** 2000-Off Site** 2001- Port Orleans/DCL** 2003 AKL/DCL** 2005- Boardwalk Inn** 2006- All Star Music**2008 All Star Sports**2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge** 2009 CSR Holiday Trip** 2009 Beach Club Holiday Trip**2010 POR Fall Trip (Engaged!)**2012 Wilderness lodge (expecting a baby!)**2014 Boardwalk Villas (With a 9 month old!)

UP NEXT: November 2014- Art of Animation!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shordiebecka View Post
I'm here! Things sound great, the good behavior chart is such a fun idea Your vaca will be here before you know it, I promise. Can't wait to to hear more!!!
Thanks for reading. The good behavior chart is working wonders...it is amazing how much power a marker holds.

Me DD
Old 03-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Finally faces to go with names...

Ok, if all goes well, you will get to see what we really look like. So, grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.

This is the 3 of us last November on the Disney Cruise...

Our very own Big Brother...keep in mind, no animals where harmed in the taking of this photo...even though he looks petrified.

Paige is all about the make-up, even when pretending to put it on someone else. Thank goodness DH is such a good sport.

My TA called to say she is sending out my confirmation info and a brochure for Paige to look thru.

Now I just need to survive the next 5 1/2 months.

Me DD
Old 03-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

So, the planning bug has taken over. I have decided that this year I am not taking a fanny pack but a small backpack instead. I need one small enough that it won't be hot and heavy but big enough to hold a palm sized dvd camcorder, a small camera and a change of clothes for DD (in case of an accident).

After looking around, I think I have decided on the Vera Bradley backpack. I like the size of them and the high quality but balk at paying $88 for one!! I think DH balks as well. So, I have enlisted friends to be on the lookout for me. One is scouring ebay for me (she is the resident ebay queen and can sniff a deal a mile away ). Another has a neighbor that goes to the Vera Bradley trunk show (outlet sale) in Fort Wayne, IN every year. That isn't until the end of April/first of May so if the e-bay thing hasn't worked out for me yet, she is going to see what they have there. if the price is right then she said she would pick one up for me. I am keeping my fingers crossed and throwing out some pixie dust that I get that settled. I am not sure why I feel I need to accomplish this right away as I still have over 5 looong months to go but I do...crazy I know.

My next step is to complete my "lists"...packing, buying, to do, etc...it is a good thing all this self imposed stress leads to a very happy ending...Disney World.

Until next time...happy reading.

Me DD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: