Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
Mom2MyGirls
Earning My Ears

Stroller Rental on ship?

We are considering renting a single stroller while on the ship?

We will be bringing our double for use at disney, and don't really want to bring a single just to use for inside the ship. We would be using the double when we dock at Nassau ( I assume its a lot of walking) and then no stroller for the beach.

Does anyone have info on the single stroller for rent on the ship? Any pictures? Are they the hard plastic ones like they have at Disney?

Thanks
Mom2MyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

There are strollers available on the ship to borrow free of charge, first come first serve. I'm sorry, I don't know how they look, but I don't think they are the hard plastic ones like at the park. I think you'll find that you probabaly won't need one around the ship so much. Spaces are tight.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
bobbi565
DIS Veteran

A minor correction to the info provided by the previous poster, the strollers are ultimately free of fee, but they will charge a $200 security deposit to your account that will be refunded upon safe return of the stroller. The ones we had on the Magic last spring were really nice (but bulky) jogging strollers. They folded up but were still pretty cumbersome to store in the room. Not sure how you will do it with a double stroller in there as well! We didn't use it on the ship at all, and think they would be difficult to maneuver onboard, but here's a picture...judge for yourself.

Here it is in action (DS was just under 4' tall)...

and here it is folded up in the room...

We only used ours on Key West, as we walked for over 4 miles. Definitely too much for a 5 year old.
Cruises To Date:Jan. 25 - 28, 2007: 3 Night Bahamian on the Wonder May 3 - 10, 2008: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Magic June 15 - 22, 2013: 7 Night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy June 13 - 20, 2015: 7 Night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy
Trips to WDW: 1972 - off site, 1974 - off site, July 1999 - Caribbean Beach, April 2010 - Pop Century, June 2012 - Pop Century, Dec. 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, June 2014 - Pop Century
May 3-10 Western Trippie: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1726945 June 15 - 22 Eastern Trippie http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post48933156
bobbi565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
Mom2MyGirls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbi565 View Post
A minor correction to the info provided by the previous poster, the strollers are ultimately free of fee, but they will charge a $200 security deposit to your account that will be refunded upon safe return of the stroller. The ones we had on the Magic last spring were really nice (but bulky) jogging strollers. They folded up but were still pretty cumbersome to store in the room. Not sure how you will do it with a double stroller in there as well! We didn't use it on the ship at all, and think they would be difficult to maneuver onboard, but here's a picture...judge for yourself.

Here it is in action (DS was just under 4' tall)...

and here it is folded up in the room...

We only used ours on Key West, as we walked for over 4 miles. Definitely too much for a 5 year old.
Thanks so much! Yes that stroller does look kind of bulky. Our double is a combi and it folds up smaller than that. Our single is a Maclaren so is even smaller. We do have in-laws room next door to store one of the strollers. Just not sure I want to drag the double and single onto the airplane, then to resort, and then on boat if we really will only use the single for shopping on the boat, and maybe a little more on the boat.

We definately want our double for Disney, more comfortable than hard plastic
Mom2MyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: