Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Donald and Daisy Dive into Disney (A Very Belated Honeymoon)

Well, I just finished my first trip report, and here I am starting a pre-trip report . That would be thanks to my DH, who loved Disney so much when we took our girls in October that he suggested we go again by ourselves. I'll start with introductions for those of you who don't know us.

Donald--DH, otherwise known as Adam. A great guy, we've known each other since high school, but didn't get married until after I graduated from college. He is a sweetheart, but he definitely has some temper issues on occassion......hence the Donald reference.

Daisy--Me, also known as Tristin. I'm 28 years old, soon to be 29 (that's part of what this trip is to celebrate), and I'm a stay at home mom to our two beautiful girls. Adam owns a business, so I do the books and help with the financial things.

Although they won't be joining us on this trip, I have to mention my two beautiful little girls. First is Anna, recently turned 6. A princess fan, but right now she's really into Hannah Montana. She is my little sweetheart, and people call her my "mini-me". Not only does she look like me, she pretty much acts exactly like me, which drives DH a little crazy . She is in preschool and absolutely loves it. She is a bit upset that we're going without her, but I've promised to bring her home some pins, so that made her feel better . I also have another special surprise for her, that I'll share later.

Our second little girl is Addyson, affectionately known as Addy. She is 16 months old and has basically the complete opposite of her sister.......not just in looks, but in personality. Where Anna is pretty shy, Addy is very outgoing and has been known to chase people in department stores if they don't answer her when she talks to them .

We will be on the Deluxe Dining plan, and, thanks to the 4/3 deal, we will be staying at the Contemporary. Initially we were staying at Pop, but the deal allowed us to upgrade for pretty much the same cost. We're really excited because we've never stayed at a Deluxe before.
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
2012-Halloween at Disney, 2013-Our First Cruise
Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
sugar1967
Mouseketeer

I'm in! just following you from your former TR and am going to live vicariously through your report until I can be there myself in April.

Can't believe I am first

2009 - AK Birthday Celebration and off property at Seaworld/Universal
2007 - Off Property - Disney/Seaworld/Universal
2005 - POP and off property
2003 - Off Property - Disney/Seaworld/Universal

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar1967 View Post
I'm in! just following you from your former TR and am going to live vicariously through your report until I can be there myself in April.

Can't believe I am first
Yeah!!!! I'm glad to have you here. Congrats on being the first .
2008-Port Orleans Riverside (First Family Trip) Trip Report, 2009-Belated Honeymoon at the Contemporary Pre-Trip Report
2010-Anna's 8th Birthday Trip at the Contemporary, 2012-Birthdays and Best Friends--Our first DVC Trip
Old 01-04-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

yay!!!! another TR! i'm in.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
yay!!!! another TR! i'm in.
Hi! Glad to have you here .
Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #6
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Oooo I love your calendar...I need to unpack from our trip home and clean though before I can play with my cricut expression and make ours. Does anna have one specific fave princess? I was going to raid my tradable pins for one to give to you for her from me b/c she is so stinkin' adorable! As is addy, but I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate the pin as much

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 01-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
disneymom1980
DIS Veteran

As many of you know, I'm a compulsive planner. I like to have as much information as I can and have as many things as I can lined out. DH thinks I'm a little crazy, but he always appreciates it once we're there. He pretty much just sits back and lets me take care of things. He had only two requests this time around.

1. He wanted to go back to Yak and Yeti. We ate there last trip, and it was our favorite meal. He didn't even care when it wasn't showing up on the dining plan.........he said we'd pay out of pocket for it if we had to. Luckily, they did sign back on to the dining plan, so we'll be able to use a dining credit here.

2. We both tried the Cheddar Cheese Soup during the Food and Wine festival last trip, and we loved it. So, DH asked me to try to get a reservation at Le Cellier. I was a little concerned about this because we were way past the 180 day mark, but I really didn't have any trouble getting it.

This is my planning notebook.......it hold copies of all the reservations, flight, info, pressed penny list, etc.

The design was of course done by the talented people on the DISign thread and will also show up on some t-shirts during the trip. I made several sets of t-shirts last time, and we always got lots of compliments on them. DH even help picked some of the designs this time.

Quite a while ago, I picked up some Mickey head to make a countdown calendar, but I never got around to doing it. Well, last night I had some time, so I made a quick one. We only had 17 days left, but it fit perfectly.

And a picture after I took the Mickey head off this morning

I wanted to do something really special for DD #1 this trip because she's upset not only that we're going without her, but even more so because we'll be gone for a week. She and I are very close, and it's hard for us to be apart from each other. Although I know DD #2 will miss me too, she is young enough to not be quite as upset. They will be staying with my mom and spending time with my in-laws and my grandparents while we're gone.

Anna loves books, and, since dressing up as her for Halloween, has had an obsession with Tinkerbelle. Unfortunately, Tinkerbelle's first meet and greet day was our last day at Disney, and we didn't get to see her. Last night DH and I were at Walmart, and I spotted this book.

Nothing terribly exciting on the outside, but the pop ups are AMAZING!!!!

I'm going to take the book along with us and have Tinkerbelle and the other fairies autograph on the back page. I know DD will be thrill, and she and DD #2 will both be able to enjoy the book because they both love pop ups.

Well, I'm going to head off to bed for the night. Tomorrow I'll post an overview of what our days are going to look like.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: