Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

A thread for our single friends....

After talking about the guy I met while at WDW OrlandoMike mentioned I should start a thread for all of the single 'mos but I had to keep it clean!!! LOL

So here goes, I really have no idea what to put in here

I just find it really hard to find a guy in general then mention the fact that I LOVE Disney and it goes downhill from there. Why is there such a stigma on loving Disney? Oh yeah being here in Canada doesn't help matters much.

It's so funny when all my girlfriends keep saying "We'll find you someone", sure you will. The last guy they suggested I go out with turned out to be a complete liar and broke my heart.

So anyome else? lol
Old 01-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

I've gotten strange looks from guys before about my fondness for Disney, but then again, I've also gotten them when I talk about some of my other obsessions (um, make that "passions") -- Buffy, Harry Potter, etc. -- so perhaps I'm simply strange by conventional standards.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trips: DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
I've gotten strange looks from guys before about my fondness for Disney, but then again, I've also gotten them when I talk about some of my other obsessions (um, make that "passions") -- Buffy, Harry Potter, etc. -- so perhaps I'm simply strange by conventional standards.
YTeah it's funny if you really like something out of the "norm" you get the weird looks.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
nzyycguy
Earning My Ears

I am a disney nut too! I have been down to disney many times and am going back to WDW in August by myself this time and looking forward to it! WIll be staying at Port Orleans riverside, was at Pop Century last time and like it there too!
nzyycguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzyycguy View Post
I am a disney nut too! I have been down to disney many times and am going back to WDW in August by myself this time and looking forward to it! WIll be staying at Port Orleans riverside, was at Pop Century last time and like it there too!
Solo trips are great!! So much freedom! Welcome to the Dis!!!! I've never been to POR (I've actually never viisted any of the mod resorts).

Last edited by glenpreece; 01-03-2009 at 06:20 PM.
glenpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
nickymousecp09
Earning My Ears

lllllllllllll

Last edited by nickymousecp09; 02-05-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: delete
nickymousecp09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
DisneyParkFan
Mouseketeer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzyycguy View Post
I was at POR in October and liked it. I preferred POFQ when I was there in August but maybe that's because I was there for a week and only went for a quick weekend in October? If you have the time, take the boat ride to Downtown Disney. It's very relaxing although if you stay late (why since PI is closed now?) you need to take a bus back. CBR is my favorite moderate out of all of them. Enjoy your solo trip. I always enjoy mine.

DisneyParkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #8
MAF
DIS Veteran

So seriously guys, is there anyone actually available here or what?
MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #9
grarsh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
So, since I'm a fan of all those "obsessions," I have to add one more that should definitely be on the list...GOLDEN GIRLS!!!
grarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #10
glenpreece
DIS Veteran

Who'syour diva(s)?? Musically I mean. Mine are Beyoncé Celine and Streisand. I get alot of flack for my "taste" in music.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

I've got my Disney obsession, my musical theater/theater obsession, my Buffy obsession, my Harry Potter obsession, and my utter love of "Repo! The Genetic Opera" which next to no one has heard of. And people wonder why I never get a second date. Course, I rarely get the 1st one either.
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #12
VinnyDaPooh82
Earning My Ears

Thanks for creating a thread for us singles

I've had luck in my last two (and only two!) relationships. Both bf loved Disney, so I didn't get the dreaded "look". I know it sounds a little cliché, but some day, my prince will come! I'm certain about that hehehhe

I've never had the pleasure of experimenting DW with my significant other, so I hope that during my next relationship, I'm going to be able to do it. Especially if he's never been there. It'd be perfect

Oh yeah! Just like you guys, I kinda dig Harry Potter, The Golden Girls, Buffy and Angel You could add the Twilight series of books also. And do not think that I like 'em because of Robert Pattinson (who plays Edward). OK, it might've helped a bit

I'm going back to DW this June. Could be fun meeting any of you there!!!
VinnyDaPooh82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #13
RickinNYC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
I've got my Disney obsession, my musical theater/theater obsession, my Buffy obsession, my Harry Potter obsession, and my utter love of "Repo! The Genetic Opera" which next to no one has heard of. And people wonder why I never get a second date. Course, I rarely get the 1st one either.
Not a single guy here but just peaking to see what's what. Thought I'd jump in to say you're not alone re: Repo. Saw it at the movies a few months ago. I love it. The other half, not so much. Excellent choice!
RickinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #14
BriGuy
Double-B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPstar View Post
I love Repo! That's an awesome movie. I've always wanted to see the stage show too!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #15
VinnyDaPooh82
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenpreece View Post
Who'syour diva(s)?? Musically I mean. Mine are Beyoncé Celine and Streisand. I get alot of flack for my "taste" in music.
I love Celine, who else? She's from Quebec, so gotta love her I went to see here in August, when she was in Montreal. Loved every second of the show. They are going to put out a DVD of her "Taking Chances" tour, so I'll be the first to buy it.

And I also like to sing the High School Musical songs. They're fun! And I also like to listen to the radio...anything pop will get me groovin :P
VinnyDaPooh82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: