Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I do get to go! I do get to go! A trip that almost wasn't! Update 1/25

Hey, Hi, Hello, and How are ya?
Welcome to my 2nd attempt at making a TR half as good as the ones I read religiously (you know who you are). I live, think, and breathe WDW and anything Disney. As you can see from my name, picture, and sig- I love Tink! I love her so much I even put myself through getting a tattoo. I'll share that picture in a moment...
So, some of you may be wondering why I chose this title. Well, let's just say it was a must needed trip and I'm SO glad I was able to go with my family! We have been going to WDW every year since I was 3. And on the last day of my first trip there, my mom said that she had never seen a little girl cry as hard as I did when I found out we were leaving. I wanted to stay there forever! And to this day, I still cry on the last day (okay maybe not as hard as I did when I was 3). I'm a senior in college and took part in an internship over the summer at our local Lutheran Social Services. And do you know what the first thing I thought of was when I got the job?! "Oh no! I'm not going to get to go to WDW!" I cried. Yeah, I'm a big ol' sap.

We were also dealing with the loss of my aunt who left behind a 10 year-old and a now 2 year-old with my uncle. We've been helping him night and day. The 10 year-old my aunt had before she met my uncle, and the 2 year-old is my uncle's. He's the light of our lives and he's the only thing that's helped me keep going through this. So, I explained to my boss what the situation was and told her I really needed to get away from life at home and get myself together. She was completely understanding! I hurried and called my DDad and told him that I get to go! He got on the phone and added me to all their ADR's and to the room reservations! I do get to go! I do get to go!

Sadly, the only one that didn't get to go with us this trip was my Db/f. He got the gift of a lifetime with his uncles, grandpa, and dad to go to Chicagoland Speedway and ride the Richard Petty Driving Experience. His whole family is HUGE NASCAR fans! But, the day he went there was also the day we left for WDW! Bummer! But, he's been with us the past 3 years and I got to introduce him to my favorite place as he had never been before then!

Let's begin the introductions...

Me (aka Tinkgurl)

My Tink tattoo the day after I got it!

DSis

DDad and DMom

The dates: June 14-June 24, 2008. The location: OKW for the first time! We usually stay at the WLV.

Up next: Day 1

Last edited by tinkgurl; 01-25-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:35 AM   #2
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I've only been to Old Key West to visit. It is a beautiful place, and it would be awesome to stay there!

I am so glad you got to go on this trip. I know it was much needed. They all are! We have to get away from the stresses of everyday work and school and bills and chores and just life in general sometimes. What better place to do that than a place with rides, shows, music, food, and magic?!?!?

All that and plenty of SHOPPING!!!
It's heaven on earth, I tell ya!

Brooklynn cried her way out of Magic Kingdom on our Thanksgiving trip.
Poor thing- Jill was pushing her in the stroller telling her it was time for us to leave, and she was saying, "My Magic Kingdom! My not go home. My go Magic Kingdom!" It was the most woeful little voice.
Jill turned to me and said, "She's pretty much saying what we're all feeling."

And she was right!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

i'm here! can't wait to read more. glad you got to go!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

You started!!! Aw, I've missed you guys since your last report I'm so sorry about your aunt, I hope your family's doing OK You know I'm here if you ever need anything!

I can't wait to read all about your trip, you know how psyched I've been for it!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I've only been to Old Key West to visit. It is a beautiful place, and it would be awesome to stay there!

Brooklynn cried her way out of Magic Kingdom on our Thanksgiving trip.
Poor thing- Jill was pushing her in the stroller telling her it was time for us to leave, and she was saying, "My Magic Kingdom! My not go home. My go Magic Kingdom!" It was the most woeful little voice.
Jill turned to me and said, "She's pretty much saying what we're all feeling."

And she was right!
It IS a beautiful place! You will eventually get to see pics of our room and stuff!

Aw Brooklynn is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i'm here! can't wait to read more. glad you got to go!
Hi Dawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
You started!!! Aw, I've missed you guys since your last report I'm so sorry about your aunt, I hope your family's doing OK You know I'm here if you ever need anything!
I've missed you too! I kept looking and looking for you..No wonder I couldn't find you-you changed your name!

We're getting better...one day at a time!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
tinkgurl

Okay, I lied..this is not Day 1 yet..I thought I'd share a few pics since I LOVE them..

Here's me when I was little and what started my love for WDW..( NO LAUGHING!)

I also have a love for wearing anything Disney every day of our trip! (As you can tell when I comment on yours Dawn) So I thought I'd share some of my outfits from trips past to lead up to this trip's outfits! (Yeah, I'm weird...I know )

Chip n Dale Shirt and Shorts

WDW Tank

Tink Shirt

Tink Tank

Homemade Shirt

Ariel Shirt

Eeyore Shirt

Okay...I promise my next REAL post will be Day 1
Old 01-25-2009, 05:19 AM   #7
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

thanks for sharing

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

YAY for getting OKW booked!!! That's one of the Disney resorts I've never actually seen in person, but I love the Florida Keys so I'd love to stay there sometime.

And cute pictures! When you said old school I pictured toddlers at WDW. But they're lovely.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #9
tinkgurl

Last Day: June 23rd

Wow...our last day came quick and too soon! I think that's why I've been putting off making this update.

Of course, if you know me by now-we spent our last day at the MK. I decided to wear my new Mickey shirt I had bought the day before.

Of course we had to do one more round on the people mover... :

And evidently we rode Buzz:

And we found our friends again, but this time they had company:

I can't remember everything we did, I'm sorry! This upcoming TR for '09 will be so much better I promise.

And if you know me by now-you know that we always eat at Tony's our last night. We headed down Main Street:

We finally got a table by the fountain!:

After this meal is when I start to get real teary-eyed. As we exit Tony's, I always look at the entrance to the MK under the train station and think "Wow, we're already to the last day. It seems like we were just walking under there on our first day." We made our way back down Main Street and all I could do was stare at the castle. I feel like a 3 year-old again and just want to grab onto something and scream "I don't wanna go! I don't wanna go!" We stood there for awhile and took the everything in and then said good-bye. As we turned back around, I couldn't even look up. I was holding back the tears. I already told you guys- I'm a big 'ol sap. We made our way one last time to the OKW bus stop. We found our stone again and said good-bye to that..We didn't have to wait long for a bus and as the bus pulled away, I always say "See you next year" to make myself feel better knowing that we'll be back.

We woke up the next morning, bright and early. Too early for me. Especially knowing that we're LEAVING. We packed and loaded the car. We don't even look at our car the whole trip. It was so weird already being back in my seat. I hate how time flies when you're having fun! I took the scenery in as we made our way to the OKW exit. I said to everybody "I wish we had stayed here sooner!" And as we made our way to the WDW exit gates where Mickey says "See ya real soon!" That's when I cried again. Not bawling, but tears rolling down the cheeks. WDW is my happy place. My place to get away from everything and be a kid again. My place where there's always new adventures awaiting for us. My place to picture bringing my kids and showing them everything and see their smiles on their faces. My place that will always be "our vacation spot" with my mom and dad growing up. And when they're gone, I know that I can always go there and remember all the memories we've made over the years.

Well..I hope you enjoyed yourselves. I know I didn't have much to say this time around due to short notice of me even going. I will be starting a PTR soon! I forgot (sorry Dawn) how to put a link in my signature that has the title of my TR and then they can click on it to go to it. Can anyone help me?!
Old 01-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

That was some TR And I loved all the pictures. We're going to Tony's Town Square at some point...not sure when.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 AM   #11
NMAmy
Can speak food in German
He seemed so normal when I met him
It's not like I'm getting any special sanitation type service
I'm old school-I like my cartoon rodents to be mice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

After this meal is when I start to get real teary-eyed. As we exit Tony's, I always look at the entrance to the MK under the train station and think "Wow, we're already to the last day. It seems like we were just walking under there on our first day." We made our way back down Main Street and all I could do was stare at the castle. I feel like a 3 year-old again and just want to grab onto something and scream "I don't wanna go! I don't wanna go!" We stood there for awhile and took the everything in and then said good-bye. As we turned back around, I couldn't even look up. I was holding back the tears. I already told you guys- I'm a big 'ol sap. We made our way one last time to the OKW bus stop. We found our stone again and said good-bye to that..We didn't have to wait long for a bus and as the bus pulled away, I always say "See you next year" to make myself feel better knowing that we'll be back.

We woke up the next morning, bright and early. Too early for me. Especially knowing that we're LEAVING. We packed and loaded the car. We don't even look at our car the whole trip. It was so weird already being back in my seat. I hate how time flies when you're having fun! I took the scenery in as we made our way to the OKW exit. I said to everybody "I wish we had stayed here sooner!" And as we made our way to the WDW exit gates where Mickey says "See ya real soon!" That's when I cried again. Not bawling, but tears rolling down the cheeks. WDW is my happy place. My place to get away from everything and be a kid again. My place where there's always new adventures awaiting for us. My place to picture bringing my kids and showing them everything and see their smiles on their faces. My place that will always be "our vacation spot" with my mom and dad growing up. And when they're gone, I know that I can always go there and remember all the memories we've made over the years.

Well..I hope you enjoyed yourselves. I know I didn't have much to say this time around due to short notice of me even going. I will be starting a PTR soon! I forgot (sorry Dawn) how to put a link in my signature that has the title of my TR and then they can click on it to go to it. Can anyone help me?!
I got all teary eyed just reading this, pal. I'm glad you have another trip planned for this year. Headed over to your pre-trip report!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:17 PM   #12
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

I love the size of the rooms at OKW. It worked well for my family of 6. Can't wait to read more about your trip. Hope it was good therapy.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #13
tinkgurl

Hey everyone! Thought I'd try and get some of Day 1 in before Christmas!

As some of you may remember from my last TR, we always drive to WDW and stop in Nashville, TN and Gainesville, FL before getting to WDW. So rewind back to June 14, 2008. It's 5 a.m. and my alarm goes off. It's the only time I'm happy to get up that early. I get out of bed...and start dancing . Everyone is in the car and we're backing out of the driveway around 6 a.m. We stop about an hour and half into the trip and eat breakfast at Bob Evans. After breakfast, we're ready for the long trip to Nashville for the night! It was pretty uneventful with the occasional stops for gas, bathroom breaks, and just to stretch our legs.

We got into Nashville around 5 p.m. or so. We got checked into our usual hotel and headed back out to the car. As some of you may remember from my last TR, when in Nashville, we always go to Opryland Mall and walk around and eat at Rainforest Cafe. Here's a pic of us in the parking lot last year:

After we ate, we headed back to the hotel to get a good night's sleep before another long day in the car! Again, we woke up around 5 a.m. and left the parkinglot a little after 6 a.m. We drove about 2 hours and stopped at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Then, we began our long journey through the mountains and then our long journey through the long state of Georgia (geeze Dawn). We finally got into FL and into Gainesville around 5 or 6 p.m. We checked into our usual hotel and as some of you may remember from my last TR, we then head to Red Lobster . We had the nicest waitress and told her we were heading to WDW and she asked if we had ever been there before. I laughed and said "This will be trip #19 for me!" After we ate, we headed to Walgreens to pick up some necessities that we had forgotten at home. Then, we headed back to the room to get ready for bed...And I started looking at some of my WDW books that I had gotten before we left. I already know pretty much everything they tell you in there (from the DIS), but I still like to read them.

I could not get to sleep. I never can the night before. Morning couldn't come fast enough. I kept waking up and checking the clock. Finally it was morning and time to get to WDW! We left our hotel and drove to Ocala to eat at our usual Bob Evans. Then, we were on the home stretch! Pretty soon we started seeing WDW billboards and I started my dancing and screaming. My DSis thinks I'm a freak because I do this every year. Here's what we started seeing. Sorry some of them are blurry:

This was our first time staying at OKW so it was weird not driving through the MK gates to WL! We found OKW okay and I had to take pics of us arriving:

*Continued in next post*
Old 12-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #14
tinkgurl

DDad went and checked us in while we waited in the car. He came out in no time and we headed out to find our room because it was ready already! It took us awhile to find it because it was back farther than we thought, but it was right next to a bus stop! Here's our room, we took these pics the day we left. Ignore the dates!

After we got our suitcases in the room, I couldn't wait any longer! We headed to the bus stop and waited for an MK bus. Here we are waiting: our room is the building right behind us! It was so nice being that close!

Up next: Our first day at the MK! And we get a picture of someone famous!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #15
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo you made it Sounds like a great start to the trip and OKW is beautiful! It seems like that resort is a little more low-key than some of the others, did you find it to be that way?
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: