Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

"Princess Castle. Where's Princess Castle?!" A Princess' review with Pics!

Okay, here it goes. I am going to attempt to not only start, but finish my first ever trip report! My sister and I started a pre-trip report months ago, but after only three posts with absolutely no responses or subscribers we got discouraged and stopped writing. I am hoping that some of you might join me in this report (paaalease). I tend to be a little long-winded, so I will do my best to keep it short and sweet!

So, I guess the first place to begin is with the cast:

DD-Nora(2): The sweetest, most gorgeous little girl you'd ever meet (yea, I'm a bit biased ). Nora is totally taken with anything Disney. Her love for Mickey began with the Playhouse Disney show, "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and has blossomed into a true obsession! She loves all the princesses with her favs being Princess "Rella" and Snow White--and don't forget the dwarfs- don't worry, she won't let you! This trip was her third to "Mickey's House" and watching her there is like nothing else in the world. So much fun! I never realized that having a child would give me a constant excuse to go back to Disney again and again!

DM-Debbie(50): My Mom (aka "Frammie") is not nearly as Disney obsessed as the rest of us, but also can't deny that she likes every Disney vacation we plan. She can't quite understand all the work we put into each and every trip; the itineraries, research, and ADRs until we're actually there, then it's like, "thank goodness for my plan-a-holic daughters!" She celebrated her 50th Birthday on this trip, eventhough her vote was for some tropical all inclusive resort-who needs that when there is the paradise that is Disney!?!

DSis-Sarah (26): My sister has become my little Disney apprentice She is learning from the best. This time around she got to do the planning (which is usually entrusted to me). I think it stressed her out just a tad. She didn't realize all the pressure there is on the person who's name is first on the ressie! Anyhow, she did a great job and got us all to stay at her dream resort-The Polynesian. Sarah loves everything about Disney including the DDP (now that we got to try it for the first time). Here favorite attraction is BTMRR. She will be working on the food review report so I will be referring to that for all the yummy details.

Me-Kelly (27): I love Disney World. It just feels comfortable to me. I would be totally content with only ever vacationing there. It is such a well-run, well-maintained, not to mention magical place. Every vacation here always lives up to my expectations, no matter how high they are! Many of my most cherished memories are definitely Disney-filled. Okay, I'll stop with the dramatics--anyhow, Splash Mountain is my favorite attraction and nothing beats being at the MK for rope-drop!

I promised that I would keep this short and to the point, so let me explain how this trip came about in the most abbreviated way possible. Even though we had just traveled to the World in April of 2008, we just HAD to go again because:

A. On our trip in April, both Nora and Sarah ended up sick. Not just okay, a little cough/cold, but really sick--YUCK! Talk about taking the Magic out of the Most Magical Place on Earth!

B. We had never traveled to Disney at this time of year before and had always wanted to see the Christmas decorations and take part in a MVMCP.

C. I got a Pin code for FREE DINING!

D. All of the Above, plus we are Disney Addicts!

So, please join us in a detailed review with pics: November 19th-25th Disney's Polynesian Resort!

Mommy, only one more sleep!!

1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR 2014: POR
Old 12-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
poohbearluver
Someday I'll be part of your world

I'm subscribing! Nora is so cute!

I love your Disney countdown! It looks really good!

Can't wait to see more!
-poohbearluver

grace
tumblr
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #3
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearluver View Post
I'm subscribing! Nora is so cute!

I love your Disney countdown! It looks really good!

Can't wait to see more!
-poohbearluver
Thanks for joining in! I hope you enjoy our trip report! I am enjoying doing this because it forces me to write everything down and then I'll always have those memories on "paper"
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #4
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Day One is Finally here!

Hi! So, I think what I will do is include our itinerary (the one we took months and months putting together!) on a daily basis. That way you can see what our plans were and whether or not we followed them!

Our itinerary for day one:

Wednesday, November 19th:

Flights

Mom
6:05AM - Depart Bangor, ME
11:37AM - Arrive Orlando, FL - Delta

Kelly/Nora
7:15AM - Depart Syracuse, NY
10:06AM - Arrive Orlando, FL - JetBlue

Sarah
8:40AM - Depart DCA
11:03AM - Arrive Orlando, FL at - US Airways

12:00PM: Arrive in Florida, board the Magical Express, and head to the Polynesian resort!

1:00PM: Check into the hotel, get settled, and explore the hotel.

1:30PM: Lunch (2 CS @ Poly) & Dole Whips! (1 S)

Afternoon: Naps and exploring the resort

3:00PM: (Optional) Head to MK a little early for shopping/characters on Main Street, then take ferry boat to Wilderness Lodge

5:45PM: Whispering Canyon #53088816 (1 TS credit/person)
Menu: http://allears.net/menu/menu_wc.htm

Evening: Wishes on the beach at the Poly or MK or Epcot (Electric Water Pageant @7PM, Wishes @8PM)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How well did we stick to our plan??!

The first day of our vacation started very early for Nora and I. My alarm went off at 4AM and I couldn't believe that the day had actually arrived. After a quick shower I woke up a very sleepy Nora. We had an hour+ ride to the airport so I was hoping maybe Nora would sleep in the car (no luck there!) It ended up being a slow trip because it was snowing and the roads were quite slippery. By the time we made it to the airport, checked our luggage (so nice to get rid of those 2 suitcases--getting through an airport with 2 suitcases, a huge carry-on, a stroller and a toddler is tough!) and got through security it was already almost time for boarding! We made a potty stop and grabbed a muffin and then we were off. I was so nervous about flying with Nora this time. It was her first time in her own seat and I was dreading trying to keep her seated and buckled. I had packed a whole load of things to keep her busy to try to avert my fears. She surprised me, however, and was such an angel! As we were taking off, she started doing the "Pat, Pat, Pat" on her lap--like the "Little Einsteins" do--we both lifted our arms in the air, and "BLASTOFF!" Florida here we come!

One toy that she did end up playing with was her new princess laptop. Here she is toward the end of the flight:

We knew we were going to the be the first ones to arrive at MCO so we were in no rush. Nora had a great time checking out the shops and fountains in the airport. It didn't take her long at all to find the Disney store and SNOW WHITE "sitting" on a bench outside the store. If she was that excited to see a Snow White statue what was she going to do when she saw the real thing?!

We made our way down to the Magical Express Area and snacked on crackers while we impatiently waited to hear from Grammie (pronounced "Frammie" by Nora)and Aunnie. We watched lots of people board the buses and all I wanted was for that to be us!! Mom's flight actually ended up getting in before Sarah's. When Nora saw her Grammie she started running towards her and then the first thing out of her mouth, "Where's Aunnie?!" Haha. My Mom was a bit annoyed! Aunnie soon followed!

Sarah was the lead name on the paperwork so she got in the ME line while we waited. A few minutes later and we were on the red carpet!

And for the first time, in the line for the Polynesian Resort!

So far we were right on schedule! The ride on the Magical Express was Magical as always! Nora loved the video and named every character as he/she appeared!

The ride actually went really quick. We chatted with a nice family who were staying at WL and who were even more organized than us! Their itinerary was color-coded! Hehe...anyway, before we knew it we saw......

Up next: Our arrival at Disney's POLYNESIAN resort!

Last edited by kkayluvsdis; 12-08-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
AliceInDisboardland!
Earning My Ears

When can we go back?! Good start, Sis!
1999: CBR (Dad, Mom, Aunt, Uncle, Sis, Me)
2004: Holiday villas (Dad, Mom, Sis, SisDH, Me)
2007: POR (Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only! )
2008 (Apr): SSR (Mom, Sis, SisDH, DN, Me)
2008 (Nov): Poly!(Mom, Sis, DN, Me-Girls Only part II )
Old 12-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Im on board! Your little one looks like an angel. We are flying out of Syracuse to when we go to disney in January....Im praying we dont have any bad weather!

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #7
tracirae1105
Mouseketeer

subbing!
2006 - Port Orleans Riverside (Magnolia Bend)
2007 - Port Orleans Riverside (Alligator Bayou)
2008 - Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 12-10-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

That is great that everyone got to ride up front in the monorail....I hope to do this in January. Im with your sister on the motion sickness on certain rides, it does seem to be just the rides that you stay stationary and the screen moves that make me sick to because everything else I can ride just fine. That was cute when your daughter asked where the princess castle was...I think maybe she is a Magic Kingdom fan. Oh yeah and the princess mail and scarves are very cute and crafty, high five to your sister. I wish I could do cute girly princess things but god blessed me with a son instead so I will have to find other things to do. By the way your trip report is great so far!

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 12-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #9
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Oh this is such a fun trip so far - and the scarves are great! Nora is adorable and sounds just like my DD, 2 yrs as well - her fave is 'Rora' (Aurora)

Old 12-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #10
tr-ray
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I love the scarves!!

I wish I had a sewing machine!

Great TR, btw. And I've also been reading your companion food reports!

10/2013 -- BCV! ♥ 10/2011 -- Pop! ♥ 5/2011 -- AKL ♥ 12/2010 -- Pop! ♥ 2/2009 -- POP! ♥ 12/2007 -- CBR ♥ 12/2000 -- BC ♥ 4/1997 -- Off-Site For High School ♪Music♪ Days ♥

Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #11
kkayluvsdis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
Loving your report so far and I love the separate dining report. All that yummy food it making me very hungry. The Poly pics are great, we are staying there in May so they are getting me really excited. And I like all the DDP info, how many credits you used, pictures of menus, its very helpful (were on the DDP for the first time too). Cant wait for the next update.
I'm so glad you're enjoying the report. I didn't realize what a time commitment this was going to be. I think I'll probably be up late tonight finishing part two of day two! It's hard because we all fit so much into those disney days! The DDP was great--a lot of food, though--get ready to eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Another great update!

A couple Qs:

1. Sarah can ride test track, but is too worried about motion sickness to ride Soarin? I thought Soarin was supposed to be tamer than test track. I've never been on either - but I'm quite sensitive to motion. I wonder if I'll be able to ride anything.

2. How long of a walk was it from your room to TTC? How long to GCH?

Your sister is mighty crafty. I loved the princess mail box and the scarves. Very clever!

Can't wait for the next installment.
So happy you're enjoying the report. I assume Sarah's response answered question #1. She's such a stinker! As for #2--I'm not sure exactly, but it wasn't more than a couple minutes walk to either the GCH or the TTC. We were on the third floor, so that added a little bit of time, especially when we all were coming or going because we had to take the elevator. You should check out Tikiman's website. It is all about the POLY and it has exact times to and from certain longhouses and other locations. I think according to that it is only 4 minutes from Tokelau to the Volcano pool, which is further than the GCH. Also, he has some great maps on his site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracirae1105 View Post
subbing!
YAY! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethansmommy View Post
That is great that everyone got to ride up front in the monorail....I hope to do this in January. Im with your sister on the motion sickness on certain rides, it does seem to be just the rides that you stay stationary and the screen moves that make me sick to because everything else I can ride just fine. That was cute when your daughter asked where the princess castle was...I think maybe she is a Magic Kingdom fan. Oh yeah and the princess mail and scarves are very cute and crafty, high five to your sister. I wish I could do cute girly princess things but god blessed me with a son instead so I will have to find other things to do. By the way your trip report is great so far!
Yea, I think deep down Sarah would love to try Soarin' but it is definitely NOT worth it if you end up sick afterwards! It is such an amazing ride, though Nora definitely was a MK fan. If it was up to her we would have only gone there--(and stared at the castle all day! ) Sarah is very creative and crafty. Nor is lucky to have such a nice Aunnie. I don't know first hand, but I'm sure a son in disney is just as magical as a daughter! Maybe you'll be blessed with a granddaughter some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Oh this is such a fun trip so far - and the scarves are great! Nora is adorable and sounds just like my DD, 2 yrs as well - her fave is 'Rora' (Aurora)
'Rora'--that is so cute! You must be a busy lady with 2 young ones! They are so fun, though, aren't they?! I hope you keep enjoying the trip report. I hope to write some more tonight after bedtime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr-ray View Post
Oh my goodness, I love the scarves!!

I wish I had a sewing machine!

Great TR, btw. And I've also been reading your companion food reports!
The scarves worked out perfectly--and were so soft. Being in cold upstate NY Nora and I will definitely get more use out of ours! Thanks for reading our trip reports. Hopefully our experiences will benefit some of you all-I know we have learned so so much from the DISboards!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: