Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

6 kids under the age of 6 take on WDW, will Santa still visit when we get home?

Hi and welcome to my first ever PTR!!

I hope I didn't scare you by my title, don't worry, they are not all mine! Just half of them are!! My name is Kristen, I'm 35, and I'm a self proclaimed Disney addict, I'm married to Todd, 33, for 8 years and we have 3 beautiful sons, Ethan who is 6, Lucas is almost 4 (we'll be celebrating he birthday on vacation, but will get to that later), and Cole is 17 mos. old. I've been to WDW a few times as a child, once as a graduation gift from HS (91), on our honeymoon (00) and we took our children for the first time last September (07). My best friend, Tracey, and I have been planning to take our children together when we just had our firsts but here we are, 3 kids later each and finally we're going!!!

We leave in less than 2 days now, I haven't packed a thing but I am more than ready (emotionally!)!! This will be our first trip to WDW during the holidays, we haven't seen Tracey and family in about 6 months and since we live in different states, only get to visit for a couple of days at a time so we're excited to have a whole week together!! It's SO exciting!! Today I'm doing laundrey, paying bills, getting the details to my cat sitter and mail picker upper (I know, that is not a word, but you know what I mean!), cleaning and tomorrow, I guess I"ll finally pack! The question is..what? The weather is crazy this time of year! I just checked Accuweather and it's from high 70's during the day to mid 40's at night and we can only take 4 suitcases!! So, I'll have to be creative for sure.

Okay...time to get that laundrey into the dryer , thanks for stopping by and I'll log on later to add some pics of us and some plans for our upcoming holiday Grand Gathering!!

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 12-05-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Before I get too far into this....here are some basics for you.....

when? Sunday, December 7- Sunday, December 14th

from where? Boston Logan Airport

where are we staying? Pop Century for the first time!!

We are on the Magic your way dining plan, we have plans to go to MVMCP and lots of other surprises on the way!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Here are some pictures of my family...

This is Todd at Halloween with Cole dressed as Dumbo:
Old 12-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Here is me:

This is our oldest, Ethan:

Our soon to be birthday boy, Lucas:

and last but certainly not least, our baby, Cole:

I'm hoping to add some pictures of Tracey and her family later but in the meantime, here is who else will be joining us.

Tracey, my BFF, sister from another life, she is 32. We met while working together at an Insurance brokerage about 10 years ago. We've been through our engagements, weddings and now children. We did everything together, almost daily, before Todd was relocated to MA for his job back in 2005.

Adam, turned 36 yesterday, is a wonderful guy and friend to both Todd and I. It's great that we all can get along so well and we all have a lot of laughs when we're together. Adam and Tracey will be celebrating their 10 year anniversary while we're in WDW.

Hailey, 6, she's witty and adorable and is Ethan's BFF since birth. Even though they only see each other a couple of times a year, it's so nice that they never miss a beat, the second they see each other.

Zach, almost 4, will also be celebrating his 4th birthday while in WDW. Zach and Lucas were born the same day, 1 1/2 hours apart in the same hospital with the same dr!!! But we'll get to that story a little later on. I'm so excited that we will get to celebrate the boys birthdays while all together this year, for the first time since they were born!

Emmi, 6 months, this will be her first trip to WDW! Hailey and Zach have been to Disneyland for a day only so this is a big trip for all of them! We can't wait to see Emmi, we've missed so much of her first year, she was only a month or so old since we saw her last. Can't wait to get my baby fill!!

SO that is the list of characters for this trip. I will write about our plans later, got some packing done this afternoon and now I"m working on making tshirts for our trip. Will post pictures soon!

Have a nice night!!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

would anyone know why the boys pics didn't show? hmm....

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 12-05-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: okay they are there now!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

HI Kristen!!!

I'm here!! Only 2 days!! OMG! Get packing girlfriend
The pics all came up for me... your boys are so cute ...how could you stop with just 3???

If it was me... I'd pack 2 long sleeved tshirts each... they don't take up much room, are less bulky than sweatshirts, and you can layer them under t-shirts. If you have those, plus a sweatshirt each, and the hat/gloves/jacket you'll probably be wearing to the airport anyway....you'll have more than enough options when you get there. Have the kids wear jeans tshirts with a sweatshirt on the plane... when you get down there... even if its 75 jeans with a tee won't be too hot, and you'll save your suitcase room for less bulky items

Jeans can be worn more than once before washing anyway, plus doing laundry at WDW is great! Just Mom, a book, an adult beverage.... while DH wrangles the kiddos

I can't wait to hear more. It's great that you have such a great lifelong friend! You guys will have a great time!!

Paula
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Hey!

Just left you a message and then saw that you just got back from your trip. I am just starting to read it and will comment as you go but wanted you to know I was here and that I'm incredibly jealous,lol.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
Dylan_&_Blake's_mom
DIS Veteran

Ok, I stayed up way too late but I finished it. You are doing a great job. Love your pics. The boys, and your friends kids, all look so cute. I'd have to say my favorite shots are the one of Cole cheesing real big and of him sleeping on his daddy's shoulder, that is what my Cole would be doing. Oh, and I noticed that not only do our youngest share the same name and are about the same age but apparently they shop at the same stores,lol. My cole has the exact same brown Mickey jacket, too funny.

Can't wait for more.

I'm too excited to wait, a preTR for Sept. 09'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2064791
My first TR!! November 07'http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1750935
Old 01-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #9
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Ok, I stayed up way too late but I finished it. You are doing a great job. Love your pics. The boys, and your friends kids, all look so cute. I'd have to say my favorite shots are the one of Cole cheesing real big and of him sleeping on his daddy's shoulder, that is what my Cole would be doing. Oh, and I noticed that not only do our youngest share the same name and are about the same age but apparently they shop at the same stores,lol. My cole has the exact same brown Mickey jacket, too funny.

Can't wait for more.
Awww, thanks for reading, sorry to keep you up so late, though!! I have to agree, those are my favorite pictures too of Cole, especially the big smiley one, what a ham!! And boy do our babies have SO much in common or what? They have the best name and wonderful taste in clothing!! Target sale?!! It was too cute for me NOT to get!!

Have a great day!!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #10
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 3 continued....

Hi everyone!! Happy Tuesday!

It's a lazy, cold, rainy, icey and windy day here in MA, the baby is napping, the boys are watching a movie (A Goofy Movie on Disney!!) and dinner is in the crockpot...what else am I to do but update my TR and bring back some warm memories?!!! So here goes...hope everyone is having a good day today!!!

We left off heading back out to kill some time from the Character meet and greet and decided to head over to visit Figment. I really love this ride and remember it fondly as a little girl, too. Here are a couple pics of the kids on the way....

We really enjoyed Figment and his journey, it's a cute ride and the kids really got a kick out of it. Zach & Lucas especially liked when Figment sprayed his "skunk" smell...they laughed hysterically at this!! It was cute.

Here are a few shots from the Imagination center afterwards.....
Zach making music

Hailey having fun

and even Cole was getting into it...after Mommy jumped on a few of the squares to show him, sorry, no pics of me doing this!! LOL! You can tell who had the camera!!
Cole looks so serious in this picture!!

We then decided to head to Honey I shrunk the kids show....a pic of the boys waiting patiently with their glasses on..... Lukey looks so little to me in this pic

And finally, it was time for Soarin'!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't wait. We decided that Todd, Ethan and I would ride first since Emmi neeed a bottle and then Tracey, Adam and Hailey would go next. We had a 12:15 at Le Celliar in Canada and it was about 11:30 at this point, the earliest we could ride. We took our fastpasses and off we went....we made a lot of progress through the line but then we stopped for about 10 minutes or so. Todd text messaged Adam to tell him to meet us inside so we could do a quick switch off when we got off, but he never got it. So, we went for the ride and WOW was it unbelievable and wonderful!!!! It was truly the best ride I've ever been on!!! We all LOVED it and couldn't wait to report back and ride again another time, it was family favorite!! But, by the time we got off, it was time for us to head to Canada for lunch and there was no time for Tracey and Adam to ride now. So, Todd and I grabbed another fastpass for them, the next time to ride was 6:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt so bad for them, it's not like it was our fault, but it the scheme of our planning, not sure what we could have done differently.

We were now off to Le Celliar for our lunch and we couldn't wait!! Adam had heard great things about this place from a coworker and after learning about it, I heard great things on DIS, so we were all looking forward to this lunch and it did not disappoint one bit!! Other than they couldn't sit us together...they had a table for 6 and one for 4 and since we had two sleeping babies that needed to stay in carriages, it made for some interesting table seating. Worked out in the end though, Tracey and I, along with the babies got a table to ourselves and finally had some time together "alone" to talk and catch up, so it was nice. And it gave us time to come up with the next plan of attack after lunch. We decided we'd give Kidcot a whirl since it's free and we were already in the World Showcase.

The meal was the best we had all week!! Tracey and I had the Mushroom filet and it just melted in your mouth!!!!!!!! It was to die for!! And for dessert, I had the chocolate mouse and Tray has the s'mores dessert. They were excellent and I highly recommend it, if you haven't been, make it a priority!!

From here, we headed out back of Canada to get the kids started at Kidcot....
Old 01-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 3 kidcot stations here we come!

double post

Last edited by princess&her4princes; 01-07-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: deleting double post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #12
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Day 3 kidcot stations here we come!

On the way out of Le Celliar we decided to try for a family shot, since the backdrop was gorgeous!!

And here is our family....not the best, not the worst, wish Ethan was looking and maybe smiling and I wish I took the bag off....oh well, it's us!

And off to the Kidcot station....now, before I post these pictures, I will tell you that the pics of Todd and Cole are some of my favorite..they tell their own story, so I will let it tell it to you...enjoy!!

Isn't the interaction between them just too cute?!!! I love it....they BOTH had so much fun working on Cole's mask and playing with it too!!!!!!

And here are a few of the other cuties working hard on their masks, too!!

Who knew the free masks would be such a hit!! The kids all loved them and they collected treasures from all the countries the rest of the afternoon. I'm sorry, I dont have any more pictures of them.....

From there, we headed to Norway, we were ready for another ride at this point.... here is some views on the way.....

The line was so short for the ride in Norway and we all really enjoyed it. Here are a picture of our little vikings.... it's such a cute one!! Not the boys and their braids too. LOL!!

We were now on our way to Mexico....
Old 01-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #13
princess&her4princes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan_&_Blake's_mom View Post
Just left you a message and then saw that you just got back from your trip. I am just starting to read it and will comment as you go but wanted you to know I was here and that I'm incredibly jealous,lol.
Hey!!! Glad to see you found me!! Hope you and the boys had wonderful holidays!! How is baby Cole?!! Getting big I'm sure......ttys!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #14
MissMichelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess&her4princes View Post
Hi and welcome to my first ever PTR!!

I hope I didn't scare you by my title, don't worry, they are not all mine! Just half of them are!! My name is Kristen, I'm 35, and I'm a self proclaimed Disney addict, I'm married to Todd, 33, for 8 years and we have 3 beautiful sons, Ethan who is 6, Lucas is almost 4 (we'll be celebrating he birthday on vacation, but will get to that later), and Cole is 17 mos. old. I've been to WDW a few times as a child, once as a graduation gift from HS (91), on our honeymoon (00) and we took our children for the first time last September (07). My best friend, Tracey, and I have been planning to take our children together when we just had our firsts but here we are, 3 kids later each and finally we're going!!!

We leave in less than 2 days now, I haven't packed a thing but I am more than ready (emotionally!)!! This will be our first trip to WDW during the holidays, we haven't seen Tracey and family in about 6 months and since we live in different states, only get to visit for a couple of days at a time so we're excited to have a whole week together!! It's SO exciting!! Today I'm doing laundrey, paying bills, getting the details to my cat sitter and mail picker upper (I know, that is not a word, but you know what I mean!), cleaning and tomorrow, I guess I"ll finally pack! The question is..what? The weather is crazy this time of year! I just checked Accuweather and it's from high 70's during the day to mid 40's at night and we can only take 4 suitcases!! So, I'll have to be creative for sure.

Okay...time to get that laundrey into the dryer , thanks for stopping by and I'll log on later to add some pics of us and some plans for our upcoming holiday Grand Gathering!!
Hi neighbor! Im over here in Taunton and I just saw this TR (haven't made it past post 1 lol) and can't wait to join in!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Your rainy down day sounds like the first day of our honeymoon, when the skies opened up on us at Epcot... and we ended up missing out on our most favorite park as a result of the rain. We only made it to our lunch ressies at Le Cellier that day, and then sprinted through the rain, without ponchos or umbrellas (I'm a bad DISer, I don't ever pack ponchos, I just brave the rain usually), back to the bus stop.

I'm glad you guys were able to salvage a bit of the rainy day, and I really hope the weather cleared up for you before MVMCP!

Looking forward to more!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: