DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Anyone else get the DVC survey re: DVC 'elite' club?

Just got a survey asking my opinion of 5 possible names for an 'elite' club of some sort for DVC members. (the word 'elite' is mine, not theirs).

It seems they may be thinking of a club level for DVC members based on number of points owned and/or number of referrals by DVC members. No mention of possible perks, and it had a disclaimer that nothing may ever come of it. It was only about how I felt about a possible name.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
Mike©
Squirrelketeer & RADP refugee

Mike© is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
lisareniff
DIS Veteran

No

...but I'm curious, what are the names they proposed???

BCV - Gotta go back home! Pres. Week 2011
AKV - President's Week 2010... a little AKV then the beach! (but not VB this year : ( )
BCV - back home for President's Week 2009
VB - April 2008 - In a BC BABY! and a little AKV too!
VWL & BWV -Presidents Wk 2007
VB & Poly - Presidents Week 2006
BCV & AKL - Presidents Week 2005
BCV - Thanksgiving Week 2003 (first time home!)
Off site 1974 & 1980 (back when WDW was the MK)

[IMG]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/x7yacs7mcuztqzm7.png[IMG]
lisareniff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
hcortesis
Mouseketeer

Yep, got it also. Pretty short survey. Could be interesting if anything comes of it. My favorite was "Club 91".
hcortesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
dvc_john
DIS Veteran

DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006: 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisareniff View Post
No

...but I'm curious, what are the names they proposed???
Commodore Club
Club 91
Member Treasures

Off hand, I can't recall the other two.

DVC nights stayed to date:
AKV 15, ARS 8, BCV 61, BLT 17, BWV 83, HH 64, OKW 198, SSR 30, THV 9, VB 28, VGC 20, VGF 4, VWL 52

dvc_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
Disneypirate85
DIS Veteran

hmmmm....any possibility will be something reminiscent of Club 33?
NOW that would be a serious PERK.

Disneypirate85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
qtzar
Earning My Ears

More details on the survey

Initial Text :

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with Disney Vacation Club. It should take you 10–15 minutes to complete the survey. We truly value your responses.

Today you will be answering questions about a potential new Disney Vacation Club program. This program would be available to a select group of Members who qualified by reaching a certain threshold through their own purchases and by referring friends and family. The program would give this qualified group of Members access to additional and/or highly sought after benefits. The questions you will be answering all pertain to possible names should this program be developed. Please consider each name carefully before answering the questions.

As a reminder, this program is still in the consideration stages and is not currently active. There is no guarantee that it will ever be launched as part of Disney Vacation Club. This research is purely directional. Thank you again for your participation!

Club Names :

Commodore Club : Inspired by the Commodore House, the place where families first discovered the magic of Membership.

Club 91 : Referring to 1991, the year Disney Vacation Club was established.

Member Treasures

Legacy Club

Disney Vacation Club Rewards

Questions

Based on the name xxx ( where xxx is one of the proposed names above ), please rate the following statements on a scale from 1 – 5 (1=strongly disagree, 5=strongly agree)

“It makes me interested in learning more about the program”

“It makes the program sound upscale”

“It makes the program sound exclusive”

“I would be proud to display this name as part of a logo on a polo shirt, tote bag, etc.”

“It sounds like a special Member program only Disney Vacation Club could provide”

Please rank the names 1–5 based on your preference for what this special Disney Vacation Club Member program should be called.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
AKV707

DIS Veteran

didn't get it. Was it emailed or snail mailed?

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!
AKV707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:38 PM   #9
jdg345
DIS Veteran

I think you only receive the survey if you own X Points or have X Referrals. (ie: If you qualify).

jdg345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #10
DIZZNY
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg345 View Post
I think you only receive the survey if you own X Points or have X Referrals. (ie: If you qualify).

We have quite a few points but didn't get any survey. We have never done a referral, though.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #11
drusba

DIS Veteran

The survey said: "Today you will be answering questions about a potential new Disney Vacation Club program. This program would be available to a select group of Members who qualified by reaching a certain threshold through their own purchases and by referring friends and family. The program would give this qualified group of Members access to additional and/or highly sought after benefits."

First, I want to say that not everyone with a lot of points got this survey. Second, I doubt there will be any perks that are going to cost members as a whole anything -- think about it, what perks do we have now that cost the members as a whole extra, they are mainly things consisting of some discounts where members are not funding the difference between regular and discount price. Third, I particularly note the reference to "additional and/OR highly sought after benefits" and I doubt the "highly sought after" are anywhere high on the list of potentials. This is Disney and when it comes to extras, you are more likely to see things like:

1. A plaque with your name on it buried somewhere on a part of Disney property where no one ever goes and you cannot find.

2. $5 off a $70 bottle of wine at a Disney restaurant that you could purchase in a wine store for $25.

3. Fast Passes to the Treehouse.

4. A gold colored room key. It won't get you anything extra but it is a souvenir that's yours for a lifetime.

5. A t-shirt that says you are Club (whatever name is chosen) DVC member that you can buy for the special one-time discounted price of $65.

6. Another tote bag for only $15.

7. Your room will be guaranteed to be ready by 5.

8. An extra recording you will have to go through on the phone to get to a special MS employee that deals with the Elite Club members who just happens to be the same MS employee that you would have reached if you hadn't taken the time to wait through the extra recording.

9. The ability to have your family photo taken for $20 and put in a cardboard holder that says Elite Club member.

10. An Elite Club member cruise that will cost only double the points of the usual cruise .
Old 12-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #12
DVC Grammy
DVC AKV Concierge =

DVC Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
The survey said: "Today you will be answering questions about a potential new Disney Vacation Club program. This program would be available to a select group of Members who qualified by reaching a certain threshold through their own purchases and by referring friends and family. The program would give this qualified group of Members access to additional and/or highly sought after benefits.................................
I also think that those perks will be something "minor" like a pin, a small discount, etc. (maybe a secret hand shake ). I can't imagine that Disney would risk a sought after biggie like Free Dining. That caliber of goody would make many folks !
Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 PM   #13
jarestel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
First, I want to say that not everyone with a lot of points got this survey. Second, I doubt there will be any perks that are going to cost members as a whole anything -- think about it, what perks do we have now that cost the members as a whole extra, they are mainly things consisting of some discounts where members are not funding the difference between regular and discount price. Third, I particularly note the reference to "additional and/OR highly sought after benefits" and I doubt the "highly sought after" are anywhere high on the list of potentials. This is Disney and when it comes to extras, you are more likely to see things like:

1. A plaque with your name on it buried somewhere on a part of Disney property where no one ever goes and you cannot find.

2. $5 off a $70 bottle of wine at a Disney restaurant that you could purchase in a wine store for $25.

3. Fast Passes to the Treehouse.

4. A gold colored room key. It won't get you anything extra but it is a souvenir that's yours for a lifetime.

5. A t-shirt that says you are Club (whatever name is chosen) DVC member that you can buy for the special one-time discounted price of $65.

6. Another tote bag for only $15.

7. Your room will be guaranteed to be ready by 5.

8. An extra recording you will have to go through on the phone to get to a special MS employee that deals with the Elite Club members who just happens to be the same MS employee that you would have reached if you hadn't taken the time to wait through the extra recording.

9. The ability to have your family photo taken for $20 and put in a cardboard holder that says Elite Club member.

10. An Elite Club member cruise that will cost only double the points of the usual cruise .
You definitely have been studying the Disney Company for a while. Great post!
jarestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #14
Entropy
Flotsam

Uh Oh, phony viral marketing rears its ugly head.
Let's see if this blows up in their face like Royal Caribbean's "Royal Champions".
My advice to any of you invited to join is to keep it a very tight secret.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: