Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? Part II

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=838817

The original thread can be found at the link above. It reached the 250 page mark and needed to be closed. This new thread can be used to continue all the great information and share your door signs.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Awesome! I cant wait to see more!
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #3
Buckeye Gal
Beach Girl Deep in the Land

Lightbulb Just a friendly reminder to avoid "Subscribing" posts....

Want to subscribe to this thread?: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread".
Old 11-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
tinkluvr12
Mouseketeer

disney font

HELP! I am trying to be independent and make some of my own magnets- well sort of- I went to rumblyinmytumbly's photobucket and got a bunch of blanks but now I can't figure out how to get the right font??? I went to google as suggested on the old magnet thread and found the Disney font for free but when I click it nothing seems to happen. I am on a macbook. It puts something on my desktop but when I click it it says stuff it not supported or something like that?? I am so confused! This is what I get for trying to be creative! I would REALLY appreciate any help you all can give Thanks so much!
Stephanie
Old 11-17-2008, 01:00 AM   #6
tinkluvr12
Mouseketeer

disney font

HELP! I am trying to be independent and make some of my own magnets- well sort of- I went to rumblyinmytumbly's photobucket and got a bunch of blanks but now I can't figure out how to get the right font??? I went to google as suggested on the old magnet thread and found the Disney font for free but when I click it nothing seems to happen. I am on a macbook. It puts something on my desktop but when I click it it says stuff it not supported or something like that?? I am so confused! This is what I get for trying to be creative! I would REALLY appreciate any help you all can give Thanks so much!
Stephanie
Old 11-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
TraciM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
Want to subscribe to this thread?: Did you know you do not have to reply to this thread to subscribe to it? On any thread on the DISboards, near the top of the page and just under the advertisement banner and "Page # of #", there's a drop-down option named "Thread Tools". After clicking on this, select "Subscribe to this Thread".
Thanks for that tip!!!! Just subscribed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkluvr12 View Post
Stephanie
I am doing the same thing. Good thing I have 9 months before my cruise.
TraciM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
tinkluvr12
Mouseketeer

thanks

Disneyfaninaz- Thanks so much. My mac was missing stuffit. I figured it out after several tries. Thanks I think I've got it now.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
tink331
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Gal View Post
Thank you!!!
tink331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #10
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Before this thread gets too crazy out of hand, I just have a quick question. Do all of ya'll magnet connosieurs use a specific program, like Disney's Magic Artist? Or do you just hunt the web for specific clip art and fonts, then use Photo Shop or Publisher?

I was considering investing in Disney's Magic Artist, but was not sure if the others would work just as well.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #11
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

I'd say that you will find a lot of different programs used out there. Some use Photoshop, Printshop, Photoimpact, Word, Magic Artist. Any graphics program will work. The DISigners tend to use the more sophisticated programs.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #12
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmackeymouse View Post
Before this thread gets too crazy out of hand, I just have a quick question. Do all of ya'll magnet connosieurs use a specific program, like Disney's Magic Artist? Or do you just hunt the web for specific clip art and fonts, then use Photo Shop or Publisher?

I was considering investing in Disney's Magic Artist, but was not sure if the others would work just as well.
I bought Magic Artist and it did nothing for me. The kids like playing with it though.
I much prefer photoshop
(Of course there is a big price difference there)
HTH...

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #13
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

I am a Photo Impact user but most people prefer Photo Shop or Photo Shop Elements. I believe you can do a trial versions for 30 days with many of the programs. Have fun, what ever you decide to buy.
Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:15 AM   #14
mmackeymouse
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the tips..........I guess I have just seen a lot of graphics and fonts that I have never found online before, so I assumed it came from a specialized program.

I guess maybe if you know where to look, you will be able to find what you want.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #15
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

I am always searching for new clip art and fonts. I go to DaFont and browse through there looking for new and Interesting fonts. I also ask what fonts people are using if i like them.
for clip art, my favorite site for giffed work is here
http://www.disneyclips.com/
for wall papers I normally go to the Disney site itself. they have great wallpaper & I gif/png things from there if I need it.
also, there is a sticky at the top of this thread
DISign Tips
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=892906
that has lots of good recommendations for clip art. Some are no longer any good.
I also do image searches through Ask Jeeves & Google as they often turn up different sites. Once I find a good site, I take everything off I might possibley need in the future. Some day (not today, I have to pay bills) I will go through and save all the sites I use as it is a question often asked. Penny
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: