Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Katie & Mike TR - SBP/Bluezoo/Morocco - Dessert Party (8/5)

I'm just editing the beginning here so people can easily read the Trip Report. I will edit the table of contents as I add stuff.

THE TRIP REPORT
  1. Vendor Reviews | Wish... | Teasers
  2. Ranting about DP photos
  3. My not so magical trip from Chicago to Orlando
  4. The boring arrival day concludes
  5. Getting ready...
  6. Some hair details I forgot
  7. Meanwhile, at the Swan...
  8. An Interlude: Accessories, ring, and things
  9. What happens when the groom is clueless
  10. The ceremony: Part I | Lots of people walking
  11. The ceremony: Part II | I obsess and we exchange vows
  12. The ceremony: Part III | Exchanging rings and pouring sand
  13. The ceremony: Part IV | A 10 minute ceremony closes
  14. Time to eat, drink, and be merry
  15. I FINALLY MEET DAISY
  16. The ceremony winds down
  17. Portraits
  18. Dinner reception at bluezoo
  19. The Dessert Party

...now back to your regularly scheduled planning journal...

The Introduction

Hi, my name is Katie and I'll be getting married in Disney this June. My finance and I met in high school, starting dating senior year, and have been dating ever since. Our first date was May 19, 2001...so it's been a while.

Anyway, after we graduated college we moved in together and this past summer he proposed while we were in Disney World. Neither of us have big families and we just saw a traditional wedding here in Chicago at a banquet hall as a waste of money...the rubbery and tasteless chicken, cringing through the electric slide, watching people we barely ever see take a sip from a drink and then set it down, etc, etc, etc. We considered Vegas for a bit, but I have always been obsessed with Disney, so Disney it was!

Here is a picture of us at a dinner cruise on the lake that we went to on my birthday.

Here is a picture of the ring. I picked it out a couple months before we went to Disney, so I knew it was coming eventually. I have been obsessing about heart-cut diamonds since high school, so I definitely wanted to pick it myself:

Ok, now that the boring stuff is over...

The Details

I've edited all of this since I originally posted to reflect the most recent decisions...

Escape wedding @2:30pm

Officiant: Ron Rosenweig

Photography: Studio 222 http://www.thestudioishere.com/

The Dress: At first I didn't care at all about my dress. My prom dress was white and if I still fit in it, I might have considered it. But once I started trying them on, I got the *bride bug* and really started to care. I went to House of Brides myself about a week ago and saw a dress I really liked. After I scratched the prom dress, I thought I could get a dress for like $500. Well this dress was about $850. Later in the week I made an appointment at a boutique in Chicago and went with my mom. I tried on a ton of dresses. Probably around 25-30. And all I kept doing was trying to find a dress similar to the HOB one. Well I went back to HOB with my mom and sister and got the dress. I didn't want to keep running around town when I knew what I wanted. After tax it was in the middle 900's. So much for the budget! And don't even get me started on the alteration charges that are coming...

I don't have pictures. The sample dress was green anyway. The picture on the designers website does not do the dress justice. I don't even want to post it because you will all think I picked a monstrosity. Also, the website picture is gold colored . I chose ivory. I thought the white was too white. You'll just have to trust me that it's good until you see the pics in June

After Ceremony: Bluezoo

The Dessert Party: Morocco

Decor: Had my appointment with Rosie. Everything is in progress currently. I will post details once it's all finalized.

Welcome Party: Originally I planned on Ohanas, but my dad said "**Expletive** the welcome party" Woah! He said it was a waste of money and prefered to go to some Orlando racetrack with 'the boys' and the girls can go shopping. lol. Well, I'm not gonna argue, it will save some money!

Hotel: Beach Club Villas. I started out with Contemp ressies, changed to Grand Floridian, changed again to Boardwalk Villas, and am now set on Beach Club!

Ok, I have blabbered enough. More to come later! Hopefully this will be a satisfying PJ for people since the wedding is right around the corner! I'm currently reading about a few that are happening in 2010...these journals make me even more nervous because my wedding is exactly 210 days away and have sooooooo much to do!!!!

Last edited by PrincessShea; 08-05-2009 at 11:56 PM.
PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:28 AM   #2
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

welcome

welcome and congrats! your plans sound great looking forward to hearing more! I love your ring too!Its very pretty
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
trudy88
Mouseketeer

Smile Plans sound great....

...and your ring is gorgeous!
trudy <><
trudy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
disneygal922
DIS Veteran

Hi PrincessShea! You have a great start to your PJ! I'm also from Chicagoland and agree that a big banquet wedding here would be way too expensive for us. We are still planning on an at-home reception for the family and friends who can't make the trip to disney, however, it will be a 'hey, come celebrate with us' type thing! Can't wait to read more of your plans!

ps ~ your ring is GORGEOUS!

me (30) DH(30) DD(infant) minnie(3.5) fiona (3ish)
disneygal922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Some Jewelry

Hello all! Just wanted to update because I got my necklace today all the way from Hong Kong! I actually took this idea from another Disbride. A lot of stuff in this PJ will seem familiar to you all, since I am stealing so many ideas!

Anyway, here it is. When I told my mom I was wearing a mickey necklace, she rolled her eyes and said it would be tacky, but she was very surprised and thought the necklace was really nice. Granted, its from Hong Kong, so I am sure it is an imitation of the real thing--whatever the real thing is--but regardless I think it's really pretty and will look nice with my dress!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:44 AM   #6
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

necklace

That is pretty!
Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

COngrats hun!
I have a heart cut as well aren't they stunning??
Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 AM   #8
mmmbop
DIS Veteran

I just tuned in, but WOW! You are such a lovely bride.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #9
dhay
Disney bride 12/5/08! Enjoying married life!!

Your pics are so pretty and I loove love the one in your siggy! You look soo pretty!!!!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #10
CDNTech
Mouseketeer

Tuning in... your pictures are gorgeous and I can't wait to see your dp photos especially since we are doing a dp and waffling back/forth over the photos. What did you get for the $350... any pictures included in that price at all?

Disneyland Feb'07, Oct'07 First Trip Home AKL & BCV Jan/Feb '09, AKV Aug '09
Going back home... AKV Concierge Jan 2010

CDNTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:14 AM   #11
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNTech View Post
Tuning in... your pictures are gorgeous and I can't wait to see your dp photos especially since we are doing a dp and waffling back/forth over the photos. What did you get for the $350... any pictures included in that price at all?
I actually paid around $745 for the DP photos because the actual photography is $350 and the high-res disc is $395. I don't know what prints you get because I got the disc instead.

I feel like I needed the disc because I am going to make a blurb book.

The pictures are not good and nowhere near worth what I paid for. But honestly, you don't really have a choice. It's either Disney photography or nothing

I will go into more detail when I start my TR, but I am not going to do so until I get the Studio 222 pics.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
ZipADeeEm
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear what you have to say about Studio 222! I love what I see from your teasers, and I'm starting to look into photographers now! Thanks for sharing your opinion!!

TR: our Zip-A-Dee-Doh-Dah Wedding Day
Welcome Events: Ohana/Grand 1
Wedding Events: WP/Narcoossee's
March 8, 2010
ZipADeeEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
figment fan21
Can't wait to be a Disney Bride!

Great Updates Katie!!!!!

Your e-ring and band are so beautiful! I love them both!!

All of your pictures came out amazing! I love that Mike thought the same stand was the cake! I read that and started laughing out loud!

And the picture that didn't make the album is priceless.

I can't wait to read more and thank for posting all of your helpful escape bride/sbp tips! it's much appreciated
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #14
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Everything looks so gorgeous and perfect!! I really, REALLY love your wedding band. If my e-ring didn't come with a matching one, I would def find one like yours! You have def inspired me to get chair covers and petals, I think it really makes it change from a "nice" place to a "wow" place! Can't wait for more!
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Your wedding was absolutely fabulous and you were an elegant and beautiful bride!!!
Was the pink bow on the cake table included (and if so were you able to choose your own colour) or was it an extra?

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: