Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Cool The Wazowski Report ! HalloweenTime TR Day 1 DONE & Day 2 Started !! Added 12/26!

I've realized that its going to be a pain in the butt to look through this whole thread to see the TRs and pictures, so if you wanna bypass all the convo, here is an index for pictures/Trs !

INDEX for all other TRs!

April '04 TR:
Day One, Two & Three


Engagement '06 TR:
Day One, Two, & Three


January '08 TR:
Day One
Day Two & Three


MTOTP TR:
Day One
Day Two & Three


January '09 TR:
Day One
Day Two
Day Three
Day Four


Birthday TR:
Day One
Day Two
Day Three


Halloween Disneyland Trip!

Day One:

Hey everyone! !

I'm always on the DIS during my design history class (which I was in right when i wrote this!!) and I thought I'd take the time to talk about our trip. To start off with, we flew to Anaheim, which was a breeeeeze. It was very easy to get shuttles to our hotel (Desert Inn & Suites). We did not make ANY reservations for shuttles and just showed up to get a ride. We had 9 people and SNA Shuttle took us in two separate vans (4 & 5 people in each) and charged us $45 a van. Not too bad.

When we got to Desert Inn & Suites, we checked in. I booked a 2 parlor suite that fits 8 people (we put 10 in our room). I've stayed at this hotel before and thought it was just fine even though PLENTY of people have complained about it here on the DIS. I was happy about the rooms because they were VERY clean, re-decorated with a nice back splash of mocha on an accent wall. The bedding was also very pretty It looked very autumn-ish.

We had Vons send groceries to our hotel on the same day (which was very easy to do !! you can check it out here : http://shop.safeway.com/superstore/d...&page=corphome) I had scheduled to get our delivery sent between 1 & 3pm and it arrived around 2:30. What I was bummed about was that they did NOT send any of the groceries that were needed to be refrigerated. In order to get your groceries delivered you needed to spend at least $50. I ordered 3 cases of water (24 in each), one 12 pack of coke, one 6 pack of diet Pepsi, 2 bags of lays chips, 2 bags of beef jerkey, 1 box of granola bars, a jug of orange juice, a package of breakfast hotpockets, and a package of jimmy dean breakfast biscuits. Those last 4 items did not come which didn't bother me much because I was just adding more things on the list so I could spend up to $50, so I called Vons and told them that some of my items didn't get sent. They were very nice about it and apologized. They took those items off of my visa (it took the next day for them to take it off).


I was really stoked about the people going on this trip because I'm very close to all of them separately and knew that they would all get a long (which they did )

When we got to DL we were already heading towards a speed bump. When Shyboy72 and his sisters bought they’re tickets, they did not get activation receipts from the Disney Store. He was going back and forth on the phone then to the store in Oakridge trying to figure everything out. They said that we should go to guest services at the park to get it settled, so that is the first thing we did. When we first got there, the CM who first helped us said we would have to go back to the store to get it settled. We were furious. We live like 6 hours away. There is NO way that is happening. Ironically, 3 other families were waiting in line for the same issue. They bought their tickets at Disney stores as well. They managed to work everything out for us, but the family who was from Arizona had to buy NEW tickets and get their other tickets taken care of by the store they bought them from. It was RIDICULOUS. They said there is nothing they can do about it because the stores are run separately.

After all that, we finally got in the park! We headed straight for Indie since it was already 10 and Fantasyland was out of the question. The wait for Indie was 15 minutes !!! AMAZING ! I was so surprised since it was already 10 am on Friday and the wait times were so good. We got on Indie, Pirates, HMH, and Splash before heading to eat some gumbo at 12:30pm. Once we were done we headed towards Main Street. On the way there we went on the Jungle Cruise and went straight to Buzz ! That was pretty much a walk on. It was so fun. I kicked everyone’s butt.






Before heading back to go to the hotel we rode Space (20 minute wait) and the Train. Shyboy72 & I had to get our pictures taken and our APs. We got there around 2 and only had to wait about 5 minutes to get it done ! WOOO ! We were waiting for some people in our group to get out of the Emporium before walking back to the hotel. When we got to the lobby we got our food from Vons minus the refrigerated foods and got settled.




Because it would take long for Kaycee & I to get all the makeup done we started right away. We still ended up behind on getting ready.






While walking toward the gates we got stopped by a woman asking if she could take a picture of us. OF COURSE we said yes !! It was so cool! We got to the turnstyles and quickly were let in. The mood was so great because there were people dancing in front of the HUGE candy corn ! We went straight towards Monster’s and starting collecting candy. Throughout the night we stopped a couple of places for treats (not a lot). Even though people from the first MTOTP said the lines were not long, they were for our night. It was PACKED. Of course it was though because the event was sold out.
We did not have to wait long for TOT which was great or for Monster’s. TSMM was a completely different story. The line wait said 30 minutes, but it was pretty much an hour. It was fine though because TheAXIOM dressed up as Barrel ‘broke necks’ as we say. People were taking double takes and kept saying how cool he looked. It was great !




We were getting realllly hungry during the party because we did not eat dinner yet. My younger sister-in-law wanted to get corn dogs so we went and tried to get some but it was CLOSED. We ended up getting slices of pizza at Pizza Oom Mow Mow. They were pretty big. I had the barbeque chicken. It was pretty good. I’m a waitress at a family owned pizza restaurant and I happen to believe that it is the best pizza on earth, so I’m picky on my pizza. They had a pizza called ‘Bodacious Sausage’ but I read it as bodalicious haha! Like a hybrid of bootylicious and bodacious; so hilarious!




At the end of the night, disneyL0VE, my cousin-in-law and I took pictures for the rest of the night!



More to come of the next two days

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 12-27-2009 at 02:33 AM.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
lynking
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 9

It looks like you all had a blast together. I Love all of the pictures.
Thanks for sharing!!
lynking is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #3
perlster
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,028

someone's gotta note it ...

There is a separate forum for trip reports.
perlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #4
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran
 
dr&momto2boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,534



Nice TR! I look forward to more! Did you say the dates? Was your TOT party on October 10th? That's the day we left. The parks were so empty that morning, but had been busy all week. I figured everyone was sleeping in for the party.
__________________
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one
 
Disney Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 2,583

Looks like fun! I'm enjoying the TR so far!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #6
mariezp
DIS Veteran
 
mariezp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Decatur, Texas
Posts: 2,451

back wazowskiLOVER! Glad you had a great trip! You look so happy to be in the park in all of your photos. You have a beautiful smile, BTW.

We have always stayed at the Desert Inn and enjoyed it. My DS-17 says it's part of the tradition to be there and would probably never speak to me again if I booked us anywhere else. I am glad to hear that they have done some redecorating. Were the bedspreads new? They have had the same ones forever!
Also, when you had your grocery delivery made from Von's were you there for the delivery? I read somewhere that DI would accept deliveries for you but I am just a bit worried about doing that. It would be just my luck they decide I have to be present and not leave them. We we be arriving 30 minutes after Von's 2 hour delivery window begins. It would be nice to book it for 30 minutes before we arrive if they could leave it instead of having to wait for the next 2 hour window. Ugh! I hate making such decisions!
__________________
Me, DH , DS-23 , DD-13

mariezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #7
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 14,592
DISboards Moderator

Well, you KNOW I want to hear more, more, more!!! And see more pictures! These photos really show all the fun you guys were having!

Oh, and by the way, I have ordered from Vons for probably the last 4 years, and 85% of the time, I have problems with them like that, where they bring my items to someone else's house, or numerous other issues much worse. Sometimes the customer service is horrible, sometimes it is okay. I am so exasperated with them but the only other viable option is Albertsons and their sales are not always as good so I am stuck with my horrible Vons (it may just be my area of town there the drivers and store personnel are all backwards, but maybe they are better in other areas of California).

And Mariezp is right - you do have a very lovely smile/face! You are a beautiful girl, and you look like a very happy one too!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #8
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post


Nice TR! I look forward to more! Did you say the dates? Was your TOT party on October 10th? That's the day we left. The parks were so empty that morning, but had been busy all week. I figured everyone was sleeping in for the party.
No I totally forgot! We were there from the 10th-12th! I know what you mean about it being empty during the day. I was surprised that even though we go started in the park at around 10, we got to do so many things !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
back wazowskiLOVER! Glad you had a great trip! You look so happy to be in the park in all of your photos. You have a beautiful smile, BTW.

We have always stayed at the Desert Inn and enjoyed it. My DS-17 says it's part of the tradition to be there and would probably never speak to me again if I booked us anywhere else. I am glad to hear that they have done some redecorating. Were the bedspreads new? They have had the same ones forever!
Also, when you had your grocery delivery made from Von's were you there for the delivery? I read somewhere that DI would accept deliveries for you but I am just a bit worried about doing that. It would be just my luck they decide I have to be present and not leave them. We we be arriving 30 minutes after Von's 2 hour delivery window begins. It would be nice to book it for 30 minutes before we arrive if they could leave it instead of having to wait for the next 2 hour window. Ugh! I hate making such decisions!
Thanks Marie Thats so sweet of you to say ! The last time we were at Desert Inn was in January, so i guess thats kind of recent. They looked different to me!

I talked to the people at Desert Inn and they had said all that Vons needs is the name under the reservation and they will hold it in the lobby for you. They even said that they would hold the refrigerated groceries in a refrigerator, but that didn't happen anyway. So you can be wherever you want while they deliver to the hotel ! The only down side is you have to spend at least $50. I have to say though, for the amount of people we had (11), the cases of water REALLY saved us money because we're all big water drinkers and that would have been expensive at the parks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Well, you KNOW I want to hear more, more, more!!! And see more pictures! These photos really show all the fun you guys were having!

Oh, and by the way, I have ordered from Vons for probably the last 4 years, and 85% of the time, I have problems with them like that, where they bring my items to someone else's house, or numerous other issues much worse. Sometimes the customer service is horrible, sometimes it is okay. I am so exasperated with them but the only other viable option is Albertsons and their sales are not always as good so I am stuck with my horrible Vons (it may just be my area of town there the drivers and store personnel are all backwards, but maybe they are better in other areas of California).

And Mariezp is right - you do have a very lovely smile/face! You are a beautiful girl, and you look like a very happy one too!
Thanks Sherry

You know, I wasn't TOO disappointed. The only things I really wanted were the water, sodas, chips and beef jerky and I got all of those! I'm still in the process of doing the other days! I promise I'll get to them
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #9
mystic_path
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them, Walt Disney
 
mystic_path's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,050

OOOH I cant wait to read more.... I got right into it. There is nothing better first thing in the morning as a good cup of coffee and a Dis trip report. Im really looking forward to hearing the rest. Great job on it by the way.
__________________
mystic_path is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #10
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic_path View Post
OOOH I cant wait to read more.... I got right into it. There is nothing better first thing in the morning as a good cup of coffee and a Dis trip report. Im really looking forward to hearing the rest. Great job on it by the way.
THANKS

I'm so glad because I was worried that it would be annoying to hear about ! I will write more I promise!
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #11
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Jasmine, I'm bumping this because I have a question! Where did you and Kaycee get these scarfs at? I want a pink/black one! I've seen the red/black one like yours at Forever21....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazowskiLOVER:) View Post
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 AM   #12
travelmel
Blue Banana Vacation Club
 
travelmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portland, OR (very near my own private Forks)
Posts: 2,993

I love the one-person pics of your family members holding Mickey... too cute!

You guys pose so funny.. looks like a ton of fun.
__________________


The Flippant Trip: Disneyland and DCA Summer CLICK ME

Twilight Prom Party Post & Subsequent mini-TR(pg 19-21)CLICK ME

Psst...take a listen to.... http://www.jackiegreene.com/
Think of Springsteen, Tom Petty, or Bob Dylan, only with a great singing voice.



















"He Dazzles Me Frequently"
















{Muzak playing} Please hold while your party is connected. {more muzak} We're sorry... your party is temporarily too fat in the bandwidth to answer this siggie. Your call is very important to her. When she gets done applying her sparkle cream and sweating her Mii down to a reasonable size she will be back with her regular silliness. {muzak followed by a brief interuption where you think your party will answer then....} Please continue to hold. {resume muzak}















In danger of having my Wish Membership revoked! Does my siggie make me look fat?? : wishmember
travelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #13
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
Jasmine, I'm bumping this because I have a question! Where did you and Kaycee get these scarfs at? I want a pink/black one! I've seen the red/black one like yours at Forever21....
Oh geez SORRY Courtney, I didn't check until today on this. I got mine online on ebay. They're called Shemagh scarves. I think Kaycee got hers at Forever21 a while back.

I have a pink & black one I use it a lot !1

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 11-06-2008 at 04:01 PM.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #14
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Woo! I want one! I've been looking for them for awhile and I saw a red/black one at Forever 21. Man, you can't go wrong with ebay, huh?

Thank you!!
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #15
wazowskiLOVER:)
Oh, that's great, blame it on the little guy. How original. He must've read the schedule wrong with his one eye.
 
wazowskiLOVER:)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California :)
Posts: 1,918

Hey Guys !!!

I figure I would just use this thread for all my TRs include my PTRs. I am planning another trip on the last weekend before they take the decorations down for Christmas (somewhere between the 2nd and the 6th; I'm not exactly sure yet !)

I'm just going to post some pictures and info of our last trip this last January for reference for this one coming up! I am finding that I like doing TRs and I am too antsy to wait for another one to pass to post some stuff. So here we go !

I really want to go again during the holiday decor because I really do believe there is this whole different type of magic that goes on when being at DLR during the festivities. When we went this past time in January it was to enjoy DLR as a family and to celebrate my cousin disneyL0VE's birthday .

On our past trip the group was comprised of our DIS regulars: me, Shyboy72, TheAXIOM, and disneyL0VE. We also had my parents and my other cousin who is a Disney addict as well. (For the record, almost everyone on my father's side are Disney addicts; we were spoon fed on Disney magic and thats probably why we do things 300% !!) We went on the last weekend that the decor was up (Friday January 4th - Sunday January 6th) for our January trip. My parents, Shyboy72, and I had NEVER seen the holiday decor before and were excited to check it out because we are Christmas LOVERS. We put our decorations up in our house the day after Thanksgiving and most of the time buy our tree on the same day. This has proven to be a mistake year after year because our tree starts feeling like it could slice you up into pieces by touching it by mid December.

To begin with, before going on the trip I wanted to make it special by making shirts (which is the image in my siggie). This turned out to be an accidental success because the white paint my cousin and I were using to paint the shirts was stale and washed off in the washer. What was left ended up looking vintage. Thank god it didn’t completely clean off. What was pretty funny about our trip in October was my dad wore that shirt on our last day and someone asked where they could buy it, and my dad bragged and said I did it He’s so funny! Also, when preparing for our trip, I wanted to make hoodie blankets (my mom’s idea ) So I bought Disney fabric and fleece and sewed away ! I ended up giving those away for Christmas for the people who were going on the trip. disneyL0VE made hers and her brothers! We used them on Saturday night when we watched the Christmas fireworks

This is a close up of the shirt from our trip (TheAXIOM w/ Princess Jasmine at Goofy's Kitchen)

If you look, it could be viewed as a skull and crossbones, but its really mickey floating down with a parachute. I have to be honest and say that I 'stole' the idea from a Disney Couture cashmere sweater that I would NEVER pay for because hundreds of dollars on a sweater is ridiculous to me!

This is us with our blankets !!



Starting from the left, my fiancee's (Shyboy72) is the red one which is Lightning McQueen Fabric. The next is my cousin's, which was Dory & Nemo fabric. The next is my mom's which is Mickey fabric lined with yellow fleece and my dads was the same but lined with red fleece. The next is TheAXIOM with a vintage Mickey pattern. Then of course disneyL0VE with a tan Mater. Lastly me with pink fabric with a vintage Mickey pattern on it.

Working on these built up my anticipation of going on our trip !!! It was a lot of fun too

Okay, so now on to our first day at DLR. Shyboy72, my cousin, my parents and I flew together to SNA on friday morning. We took the same flight we took this past October and got to Desert Inn & Suites at around 8:30. We met disneyL0VE & TheAXIOM at the hotel because they flew the day before and their dad dropped them off at the hotel. We put our luggage into the locker at Dessert Inn & Suites and went DIRECTLY to the turnstiles at DL. After taking a few pictures, we went straight for Adventureland.





We went on Indie, POTC, HM, Splash, and BTMRR all before lunch. We pretty much walked on EVERYTHING. It was amazing. I made PS at Cafe Orleans and we LOVED it. I had ratatouille (which I LOOOVE because now I make it at home). We then rested and got settled in to our 2 room suite until late afternoon. We rested a lot on our trip because the park was NOT packed a all.







more to come ...

OH yah, sorry about the picture quality this is my pre-Nikon days !

Last edited by wazowskiLOVER:); 11-08-2008 at 01:29 AM.
wazowskiLOVER:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.