Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board > United We Stand
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

Great discounts for military! Please feel free to add yours

Just wanted to let everyone know.....if you are military and travel to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, be sure and ask about discounts. We have found some great ones, like the Ripley's Aquarium regular price adult is $22.29 and $12.25 for kids......with your military ID it is $3.99 each plus tax.

All the Ripley's attractions are heavily discounted for military as well as Guinness Book of World Records.

Most are for the military member and dependants only. Some require ID for all dependants over the age of 12.

Last edited by live4christp1; 11-24-2008 at 10:07 AM.
live4christp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

I have a detailed list, if anyone would like it just PM me.

We are going in 2 weeks and I have a list of at least 12 different attractions that we can do for under $150.00 total for a family of 4.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

We went there in 2004. We got discounts all over town. Everybody offers them. Great town for military families! The Ripley's Aquarium was the best deal of all and a great attraction to boot! If you are considering a vacation, go to the Smokeys!
Family Fun Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Fun Mom View Post
We went there in 2004. We got discounts all over town. Everybody offers them. Great town for military families! The Ripley's Aquarium was the best deal of all and a great attraction to boot! If you are considering a vacation, go to the Smokeys!

We are just back from 3 nights in Gatlinburg and all the Ripley's attractions plus Guiness book of Worl Records are significantly reduced for military. We did Ripley's Aquarium, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Ripley's Davy Crockett golf, Ripley's Mirror Maze, Guiness Book for all under $50.00 for a family of 4 (DD was free at most as most of these are free for ages 5 and under. The aquarium tickets alone would have cost more than $50 at regular price. Other area attractions give a discount of $2.00 or so off the regular price or charge a child's admission price for each person. There is also a Ripley's Haunted Adventure and a Ripley's Movie Ride that we didn't do but those are also only like $1.99 each.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

Here are some other places we've found that give discounts to military

Texas Road House - 10% off
Hard Rock Cafe - 10% off
Olive Garden - can't remember the amount

DH has also had his portion of the meal comped when in uniform at Cracker Barrel (not all, I guess it depends on the manager).
Also a little place in Chattanooga called Soups On gives your meal complimentary to military in uniform.

If you have any please share!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
Camamile
Earning My Ears

I know this thread is old, but if you can still give me a list of discounted attractions for military, I would really appreciate it! We are heading down in mid June and I'm a bit concerned with my budgeting!
Camamile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
WDW Enabler
Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

Lowe's

Lowes offers the 10% military discount (with ID) everyday of the year all you have to do is ask for it. The only advertise it on Memorial Day and Veterans day. but it is still avail.

Proud father of 1 Disney FANATIC, and husband to an even bigger Disney FANATIC.
Proud Disney "Verteran of the day" three times, and owner of the flag flown over the Magic Kingdom on March 27th 2008.

Founding father of the "Hardhat Brigade", a growing group of enternal fun loving Disney fanatics who ...... wait the surprise is coming....... Wear lime-green hardhats with Mickey ears....

Applications now being accepted. Apply within
WDW Enabler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
Doodlebug939
DIS Veteran

Everywhere I go, I ask for a military discount. I have learned that most of the cell phone companies have a discount of some sort. I have AT&T and I think that we get 15% or so off of out monthly service.

When ever we go to Tanger Outlets I ask for discount. I got 10% off at Van Heusen and Old Navy recently.

I will think of some more and post them as I think of it.
Doodlebug939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #9
Camamile
Earning My Ears

Gatlinburg Military Discounts

We called Ripley's aquarium yesterday to see what exactly the discount was. The aquarium wass $3.99, but you can buy a combined pass for all the Ripley's attractions for $10 per person!! All adults must show military ID. This has greatly reduced the expenses for our upcoming vacation, whew!

Anyone know of any other attractions in Gatlinburg with a military discount? Ober Gatlinburg tram, go karts, Reagan Terrace fun park?
Camamile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
pilesoflaundry
it doesn't get scratched as often as I like

This isn't so much a discount but a really good freebie. If you have an ako account under self help there are library ebooks and audio books for free.

Also military one source gives free books out. It used to be 10 per year but now it's no limit, first come first serve. Some are nonfiction and there are also fiction and audio books. Most are paperback. It is free to sign up and then it's under the recreation tab on the home page. They mail them to you.

Always ask for a discount, some places don't always do them but will do it as a one time thing if you ask and others it varies by location or local manager.

My knight in shining armor turned out to be a soldier in combat boots.

WDW June 2008, 2009x2 June and Sept., Sept. 2011
DL and DCA June 2013
pilesoflaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #11
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Enabler View Post
Lowes offers the 10% military discount (with ID) everyday of the year all you have to do is ask for it. The only advertise it on Memorial Day and Veterans day. but it is still avail.

I can vouch for this also.

Our local Apple store gives a discount too. I can't remember if it is 10 or 15%. Some NY & Co Stores have military discounts.

Always ask!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
drgsjh
Mouseketeer

Chicago is a great place for military discounts. We went last summer so I'll try to remember what they all were. I think the only thing my DH paid full price for was the one time we rode the city bus. He was free for the Aquarium and Hancock Building. The WHOLE family was free to the Children's Museum. He was either free or discounted on the water taxi. We didn't know until it was too late that there is a USO on Navy Pier where you can get discounted tickets for the Navy Pier rides.

The CiCi's Pizza in Wilmington, NC used to give us a discount - not sure if all do.

Papa Murphy's in Junction City, Kansas also used to give a discount but the one in Bozeman, Montana wouldn't so it must be up to the store.

The Kansas specific store at The Legends in Kansas City, Kansas gave a discount.

I ask most places when we travel. Worst they can say is no.
drgsjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1 View Post
I can vouch for this also.

Our local Apple store gives a discount too. I can't remember if it is 10 or 15%.
Yes, The Apple Store gives military (Ret. & AD) discounts, but they have always been about 5% for us in Northern VA. They offer the same discount online, but you have to go through www.military.com first, and then the discount is automatically applied once you click-on the "Apple Store" icon.

Old Country Buffets give 10% off to the entire party.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
brittanyroach29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4christp1 View Post
I have a detailed list, if anyone would like it just PM me.

We are going in 2 weeks and I have a list of at least 12 different attractions that we can do for under $150.00 total for a family of 4.
Hey I was wondering if you could send me the list of attractions for military that you have. We are going on vacation to gatlinburg/pigeon forge, tn next week. Thanks so much, Brittany
brittanyroach29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #15
live4christp1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyroach29 View Post
Hey I was wondering if you could send me the list of attractions for military that you have. We are going on vacation to gatlinburg/pigeon forge, tn next week. Thanks so much, Brittany
Hey! Your best deals will be with the Ripley's attractions, they are really good to the military....the aquarium was only $12 for our family of 4 and a regular price ticket is more than that. The Ripley's attractions also offer an all inclusive pass for $17 or $18 that gives you admission to the aquarium, both of their mini golf courses (one in PF/one in Gat), the Believe it or Not Museum, Guiness World Records, Mirror Maze, Haunted Adventure and it seems like there is something else.....I think it's 8 attractions in all so that's a super deal if you have the time for them.

Dollywood gives a pretty good discount, just google Dollywood military discount for info.

Most of the other attractions will give you $1 or $2 off. It never hurts to ask!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: