Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2008, 06:45 AM   #1
tammydel
A true blue DISer!

You Go West Girl!

Well the time is upon us. While my family's Southwest Splendors trip officially begins Saturday, our adventure begins today.
We are:
Tammy - (that's me the mom and Disney planner)
Chris - (DH not the Disney planner)
Tyler - (DS 11)
and Kaleigh - (DD 10)
Usually this time of year you would find us preparing for, in the midst of, or jut back from Disney World. OK, really that could describe almost any time of year for me....But the past couple a years DH has been saying there are so many other places to go. The kids have started mentioning places they would like to go someday. Then ABD comes out with so many wonderful itineraries to places I would love to go to and to show the kids. After looking them over, and giving some serious consideration to the Wyoming trip, my husband and I decided that the Grand Canyon would be the place to go. While I'd traveled to a number of different countries, I've never been west of Pennsylvania. This would be an adventure!
So here we are, skipping Disney this summer, but so excited for our new adventure.
In middle of our pre-trip preparations and packing, we had the opportunity to go to Saratoga to the racetrack (the real Saratoga, not in Disney World!!!)
We had a wonderful day there with the kids and my mom - but the funny thing was there was a horse running in one of the races named You Go West Girl. I thought, well, yes I will.
So the Plan is:
Today we drive to NJ to my mom's house. We will have a little birthday celebration tonight for my mom and me. EARLY in the morning Friday a car will pick us up to go to JFK Airport. We fly into Phoenix and are staying the night at the Arizona Grand. Then it is back to the airport to meet up with the ABD folks. When the trip ends in Grand Junction we are not flying out. We will rent a car and first, stop at Glenwood Springs for the night. Then we will go on to Denver for a few days. We fly back to NY late 8/27, with another stay over at my mom's house. We will get home 8/28, days before school starts (DS starting middle school, DD gong into 5th and I teach 4th) and a full 2 weeks away from home.

Whew!
So now I better go finish up with the packing and get the doggies to the vets.

Tammy

Last edited by tammydel; 08-16-2008 at 08:16 AM. Reason: hadn't had coffee yet!
tammydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammydel View Post
Well the time is upon us. While my family's Southwest Splendors trip officially begins Saturday, our adventure begins today. [...] So now I better go finish up with the packing and get the doggies to the vets.Tammy
Have an absolutely MAGNIFICENT TIME!!! I'm looking forward to your on-the-road reports, if you manage to work that out.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Say "Hello"! to Delicate Arch & the Grand Canyon for me!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
Turtlemom
Mouseketeer

Go get 'em Tammydel!
Have a great trip! I'm looking forward to reading your posts along the way. I'll be right behind you!!!!

Turtlemom
Turtlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #4
LocustPoint
Mouseketeer

Have a great time. I just loved the Southwest Splendors trip that we went on last year! Safe travels.

Member since 1999
LocustPoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
tammydel
A true blue DISer!

Thanks guys.
Tried not to pack too much - but we still have so much! I'm hoping our bags will fit into the trunk of a towncar !
Shoes, hats, sunscreen, electronics, laundry supplies, you'd think I'd be an expert at this traveling to Disney frequently...I have so many plastic zipper bags!!!
I'll keep you posted.
Tammy
tammydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
cindy18
DIS Veteran

Congrats that you are finally on your way! Can't wait to hear how it goes for the four of you. Knowing the magic that awaits you, I am sure you will have a blast!
cindy18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: