Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Beaver Creek Tavern - reviews

This is now a full buffet service restaurant. It is located on the ground floor in the Sequoia Lodge.
Usual selection of starters of meats, pate etc. Main courses of bbq fayre, lasagne, chicken nuggets etc
Have a look here for a look at the restaurant. Although it is still described here as table service for main course, which is not now the case.

Link to other restaurant reviews

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

Last edited by Cyrano; 11-09-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:04 AM   #2
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

We had a table booked for 7.45 on Monday 18th February. There always seems to be a queue outside the 2 Sequoia Lodge restaurants but it moves quickly. We had a table quite near the buffet so it seemed busy with lots of coming and going, but nothing that disturbed us.
The choices for starters included cold meats, meat loaf, pork pie, gherkins, pickled onions, tomato soup, croutons, cheese, rolls, French bread, smoked mackerel, prawns, seafood dressing, salad dressing, whelks, sardines, tomatoes, sweetcorn, rice, couscous, potato salad, coleslaw, beetroot and eggs.

The main courses included roast potatoes, potatoes dauphinois, chips, smiley faces, spaghetti, Bolognese sauce, lasagne (meat and vegetarian), bacon, sausage, roast chicken, gravy, spicy beans, green beans, pizza and cannelloni.

Desserts included cheese and biscuits, yoghurts, fresh fruit, jelly, cakes, tarts and cheesecakes.

We all enjoyed our food, although once again I had so much for starters that I hardly have any main course (a common thing when I am at a buffet). It was certainly bustling and busy but we weren’t hurried at all and I would eat here again.

The price for 2 adults and 1 child, including 1 beer, 2 waters and 1 coffee was 77.80 Euros, before discount.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #3
SandraVB79
I am a Jungle Cruise skipper groupie. Because I am. I really really am!

When we went, it wa spartly table service, partly buffet.
There was a buffet for appetizers and dessert (no pictures of that, you don't have to see what a pig I am ) and then you get to choose between different main courses. My mom and I both chose a salmon and cod "stew" with risotto (it was just plain rice, no risotto):

SandraVB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
hildasmuriel
I'm a really really scaredy scaredy cat
Studies the insides of her eyes
Hilda's ChickenExit Muriel

From comments from recent diners, it appears this is no longer full buffet, but is back to buffet starter and dessert.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Updated menu kindly sent to me by Steve_Rob

Old 11-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #6
*lilouw
Offre-moi cet horizon...

I ate there on 30th October with ma mum and my godmother. Our waiter was so sympathetic and funny! We had two free kirs and a free cocktail with ours Pass Annual.

Service: 7/10 A great and a less great waiter
Vibe and décoration: 8/10 I love this kind of atmosphere with wood and forest! There was not noisy.
Food: 9/10 So delicious!

Decoration

Food
I took main course + desserts buffet
As main course, Sherman's Burger with French fries, onion rings (so tasty), special salsa and chili.

Desserts
Buffet

My plate

My godmother took the same burger and my mother the kids buffet (because of her stomach problems): same appetizers and desserts buffet as the adults but an entrees buffet with chicken, pasta, Mickey pizza...
*lilouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #7
Belle's World
DIS Veteran

We ate here on 15th June at 6pm. I had rung and reserved the table before we left England but at this time was really not necessary. The reasturant was almost empty and we were seated straight away. We dined at 3 buffet restaurants during our stay and the buffet part of this meal ,starter and dessert were definately the best. There was a large choice for satrter not just salad options and the puding buffet was delicious i went up 3 times. We had half board plus vouchers which covered the meal. DH had a burger for main which he said was lovely and i had the ribs which came with chips and veg. The ribs were a little fatty which was not a problem as it could be cut off but they were also quite greasy. The main course on the whole was nice but considering the buffet satrter and pudding therer was just too much of it. With the half board plus you get a drink, this was our first night so i was not aware until the next day that the minute maid i was given in a glass was much less than i received anywhere else. We would definately eat here again but i would probably choose a different main course. The restaurant is very large and as we were some of the first in all of the buffet was full. Very nice on the whole recommended.
Santa Fe - 1993, Santa Fe - 1994, Santa Fe - 2001, Santa Fe - 2002, Santa Fe - 2003, Disneyland Hotel - 2004, Newport Bay - 2006, Seqouia Lodge - 2009 New York Hotel - October 2010 New York Hotel - December 2011 Cheyenne Hotel - June 2012
Belle's World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #8
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

We had dinner here on Wednesday 6th October - and I think this restaurant is a real hidden gem if our experience is anything to go by .

DD had the kids full buffet, lots of choice of any starters, any desserts, and chicken, fish, pizza, meatballs, pasta, chips, smiley faces, mash potato for main. The desserts included jelly, cakes, cookies, and ice lollies, so DD was very happy!

Adults have loads of choice here - you can have a main course only, or add a starter buffet, or a dessert buffet, or have all 3 if you prefer. I had the main course only, the roast half chicken, it was absolutely delicious, a big plateful, and came with a large baked potato with sour cream, crips runner beans, bacon and sausage. Service was fast, we were there at 7pm and the restaurant was quiet, but filling up a little (but still not that busy) when we left after 8pm.

With a bottle of water and using shareholders discount, my bill came to only 30 euros .

I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

I echo everything that Elaine has said, we really enjoyed our meal here!

Found some food photos...

Some of the food from the starter buffet

My steak, sorry I was hungry!!

My desserts...

Would go back!

Last edited by Mum to Belle; 03-14-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Trying to add photos!
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #10
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Latest menus and Prices - 11/3/2012

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
noodlesmum
DIS Veteran

Has anyone eaten here recently?
noodlesmum is offline   Reply With Quote