Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
BAST
DIS Veteran

Your BEST WDW theme park secret! Part II

What is your best WDW theme park secret? For example, I have read about/ seen the part of the Winnie the Pooh ride, where Mr. Toad hands off the deed to the ride to Pooh, the marker in EPCOT that represents the center of WDW, the 'raining' umbrella in MGM, the key under the mat in the Muppet ride, etc.

Any others? I am going to WDW in two weeks and love to show my companions how knowledgable I am by pointing these out (I know - pretty pathetic, but I am truly an obsessive planner)
BAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

This thread had reached the maximum length in it's previous incarnation here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=311217

Please continue it here..

Thanks!

Knox

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Please get (most of) it here (cut, paste, print, etc.):

http://www.cockam.com/disscav.htm

On my next visit I gotta' double check about Mr. Toad handing off the deed, I thought I saw the picture of him handing it off to Owl.

Riding Peter Pan, the first scene is of the nursery, there wasn't enough light to see it so I took a flash photograph (nobody else was nearby) down to the left and either I got the wrong place or the little blocks don't spell out "PETER PAN" any more.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 01-22-2009 at 07:45 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
Scrooge Jr
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=seashoreCM;23019956]On my next visit I gotta' double check about Mr. Toad handing off the deed, I thought I saw the picture of him handing it off to Owl.
QUOTE]

where is this picture?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

IIRC, when you first go through the doors look down to your left.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
WarEagleDisney
Earning My Ears

I don't have enought posts either! Apparently I just lurk to much and don't post enough! Would you mind sending one to me too? Mine is elizabethprescott @comcast.net Thanks!
WarEagleDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
daraweb
Mouseketeer

headed to the world in a few weeks and would LOVE to get my hands onthis document too.

My email is daraweb@hotmail.com

TIA!
daraweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Exclamation

Hi Guys!

Since we are starting this thread "over" again, in a sense, I have received a Private Message from the boards asking me to post this message now (at the beginning of the thread) before our thread gets too long!

Here is the OFFICIAL POST, please adhere to this policy. It is not MY DECISION alone, but a decision that was made together with the many, many subscribers to our previous (PART I) thread. Thank you!!!

If you would like to request a copy of the Word document of this thread (Part I), please E-MAIL me.

Do not post a request on this thread, as I cannot keep up with all the requests that are posted on the boards AND they bog down our thread with unnecessary posts. ALSO...If you would like to SUBSCRIBE to this thread, please do not post a message saying, "Subscribing" or "Subbing."

If you will go to the top of this thread, you will see a drop-down menu that says, "Subscribe to this thread." Simply click on that link, and you will be subscribed. These few simple rules should help keep our thread clean and clear.

If you have requested the document in the past, you know that I constantly check e-mail (if I'm home), and I usually send you the document almost immediately.

If you are new to this thread, here's the deal--we have a Word document of all these secrets, tips, and other interesting facts.

It is organized by Park and then alphabetically underneath each park. (I know; I'm OCD....)

I try to add all the new secrets as they are posted, and the document has been formatted to print out on index cards (for easy use inside the Parks).

It is a GREAT tool to have in the Parks once you are there, and belive me--you can drive everyone crazy with all the facts and tips you have learned here on the Disboards!!!!

I have even included a few photos of the secrets where relevant.

If you have any questions or if I forgot something, please don't hesitate to PM or e-mail me!

Thanks guys!
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Last edited by Dcanoli; 02-05-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Dcanoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Talking Transportation Tip

In the morning (usually from around 8am-12pm) when the lines are really long to get on the monorail from TTC to MK, take the boat!

The TTC boat offers wonderful views and a great breeze in about the same amount of time that the monorail would have taken to get you to MK.

A great added bonus: If you get on the TTC boat at those times, Chip, Dale, and Pluto love to hang out on it! Perfect opportunity for your kids to see their first characters at DW-before they even enter the park! Not too many people on the boat either, so there are great opportunities for pictures with the characters.
9/01 First trip as an ADULT! POR ; 9/03 OFFSITE--The Grosvenor ; 9/05 Disney Wonder 4-Day, & Pop Century; 9/05 AS Sports ; 9/06 Pop Century ; 4/07 Spring Break--the OUTSIDE World; 9/07 Pop--FREE DDP & DSLR! ; 9/08 Pop Century ; 03/09 2-day FGF trip & Spring Training ; 9/09 Pop w/FREE DDP! 2/10 SMMC 3/10 Princess 5K! 3/10 Spring Training & FGF 7/10 D23 Private Events & TL! 8/10 WDP/tweet up 10/10 5K & MNSSHP! 02/11 Princess 5K & DAK Safari 3/11 DSMMC 5/11 Scavenger Hunt & Destination D 6/11 Wedding Trip 7/11 Mommy & Boys Trip

Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #10
LSU_Mackey
Forever LSU

Dcanoli, I tried to e-mail AND PM you but supposedly my post count is too low to send any of these forms of communication. Can you please send me the word document? I don't know how to give you my e-mail address though.
LSU_Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #11
mauiwhalewatcher
Earning My Ears

i tried too

Hi,
I tried to email you and pm you too but was not able because of the same reasons. I would love to get a copy of this word document too. Is there anyway to get around it. I read the posts almost every day, but don't post. Thank you for your help.
jackie
Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 PM   #12
luvdisney77
Mouseketeer

DCanoli, I emailed you. THank you!!!
Ft. Wilderness Cabins 2/26 - 3/5/11
POP CENTURY during MVMCP!! 11/25-12/3/11:santa
So far, no trip on the horizon. Need $ and FD!
luvdisney77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
Goulsh
Earning My Ears

Aghhh,
I would love to have this emailed to me. I tried to send a PM & an email but my post count is too low. Can someone Please email it to me. Thank you sooo much. I had a copy last yr & it was great, but my computer crashed

lawschoen@yahoo.com
Goulsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #14
Dcanoli
DIS Veteran

Talking

Hello everyone,

Please e-mail me at dcanoli@comcast.net.

I get so many requests for the Word document of our thread, that requests left on this board tend to clog it up.

I believe I have gotten everyone a copy that requested one the past few days. (My family was on vacation for a few days.)

Thanks! Deb

Another "secret:"

If you have a special needs child with a disorder that falls under the autistic spectrum or is hypersensitive, you can get a note from their doctor and take it to guest services. They will give you a special assistance card. When you get to an attraction, show it to the CM working there. It doesn't mean that you don't have to wait in line, but they will try to take you into a quieter area for your wait. You can get a sample note from www.allearsnet.com.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
bigbrian-nc.com
Mousin it Up!

Another kind of Stretmosphere

Many of you may enjoy catching the Streetmosphere entertainers at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this has proved so popular that in recent years the Magic Kingdoms Main Street has begun to develop "Main Streetmosphere" of its own, building on some of the exisiting entertainment strength the Magic Kingdom has, this seems to be growing in a slightly different direction than at the studios, some of the sets seem to looser with more of a meet and greet quality to them, and other sets, the ones that are more planned out, tend to incorporate music. You may have seen Mayor Weaver, or Fire Chief Miller, standing on the sidewalk in front of the movie theatre with the Toontown Tuners sometimes even involving the Dapper Dans as folks stream into the park in the mornings, but I recently saw a set a bit later in the morning that involved almost all of the citizens of Main Street that were out that day, Fire Chief "smokey" Miller, Mayor Christopher Weaver, The Ladies Main Street Auxilliary, the Toontown Tuners, lots of audience participants AND they use the fire engine during this set. For the first two songs the Toontown Tuners were playing solo over on the hospitality House side of Town Square. At he end of their second song the Fire Engine pulls up with Mayor and Chief Miller, the Tuners board the Engine and they all ride over to City Hall (as the tuners are playing Hot Time in the old Town Tonight). Upon arrival Chief Miller introduces the whole group which now includes the suffragettes as "the Citizens of Main Street", as the full cast launches into "Down on old Main Street". After the song when \ Mayor Weaver tries to announce for re election the "Main Street Womens Auxiliary" steps up, after their rendition of Sister Suffragette, the Mayor is fine with them getting the vote as long as they vote for him, but when he once again launches into "campaign mode" questions arise about accusations against the mayor of corruption, which he handles humorously with the song "little tin box". When the song ends, he returns to making more typical (but still humorous) campaign promises. Then stumbles on the word Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, so the whole cast helps him with it (in song of course). Following that they close with a short and fitting reprise of "Down on old Main street". The singing citizens then talk with the guests a bit while the tuners march off. if you're interested in seeeing this check with some of these same performers next time you're on Main Street and ask if they are doing the Fire Engine set with the Tuners that day, if you'd like to hear it BEFORE the next time you go you can listen to it in on my web site if you'd like (it's in an mp3) http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/sn28.htm

Postcards, Podcasts, and Trip Reports...
Mousin' It Up! since 1997

http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/pctoc.htm

bigbrian-nc.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: