Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Mark&sue's Relaxing (boring) August 2007 Trip - Day 4

Monday August 20th

We got up early (as always) today as it was Universal Islands of Adventures day. We still have all our annual passes from last year so go to preferred parking as usual.

We get to the park early and Mark and Kirsty have drinks in Starbucks and I get a danish pastry gooey thing before the park opens.

First ride is Hulk. I had briefly considered riding this one this year before I am too old. However this is quickly dismissed as I don't want to have a self-inflicted illness after the last few weeks of feeling ill. I wait at the exit for Mark and Kirsty. Off next to Spiderman which is a walk on. Great as always. Popeye is not open yet but Dudley Do Right is. We get soaked. While my mouth is open screaming water pours in which I am sure will not help my cough one bit and it tastes awful! Mark does his usual squirting from the bridge before we go onto Jurrasic Park. We move on to Duelling Dragons but only Mark is brave enough this year for this ride.

We double back as Popeye is now open. We get soaked

Mark and Kirsty go on again whilst I buy a new skirt and top. I find the toilets and change as my black and white dress has gone all black as the dye is running down the white bits! I throw my old dress in the bin and get some strange looks. My black and white spotty earings now don't match.

I am nice and dry and we are finished at this park now and ready for lunch.

It has to be our favourite place, Hard Rock Cafe. I order a Bahama Mama but find it very sweet here

The waitress suggests a long Island drink. It is okay but I should have gone with my usual Hurricane as I know I can't go wrong with it. But you have try something different occasionally don't you?

We always have nachos for starters so nothing new here

I also always have the queseldas as a main course instead of a starter so once again nothing new

Once again another great meal at the Hard Rock Cafe and use our all access card to put some points on. We don't need any more souveniers at the Orlando Hard Rock but will buy stuff when we get to the Bahamas one later on in the week.

We are nicely stuffed and head back to the resort.

We spend a releaxing afternoon by the pool and on our balcony. We are in a one bed and the washing machine/dryer here is excellent. All our clothes will be clean ready for the cruise in a few days time.

We are still full up and decide not to go for a big meal tonight so we walk over to Artists Palate for a snack. Kirsty gets Freaky Friday out on DVD at the DVD rental shop. This is free and Kirsty can watch on her TV while me and Mark can watch films on our tv in our room.

We walk back to the room with our meals to watch some of our pre-recoded films. Me and Mark have the flat breads. Mark has the peperomi one and I have the pork one. Kirsty has a ceasar salad roll but can only manage half and put the other half in the fridge to throw away in a few days!

We decide to have a drink and watch some of the films Mark has on the Arcos. First we watch Deja vu but Mark has cut off the end and we still don't know what the end is so don't tell us!

Then we watch Die Hard 1. Can you believe it Mark cuts the end of this too. We know how this ends but do feel a bit cheated. We are too tired to watch any thing else and go to sleep. I lie awake for a bit trying to imagine what happens to Denzil Washington in fact I still wonder!

Tomorrow MGM and DTD

Susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #2
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

really enjoying your report
Thanks for sharing
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 AM   #3
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Lovely photos Sue
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:38 AM   #4
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Susan, you are being an absolute trooper considering you are unwell - my husband would have taken to his bed by now

Don't worry, I haven't seen Deja Vu so I can't spoil the ending - I was going to watch it but then I thought I'd already seen it

Looking forward to reading more about your trip - we were at IOA on Tuesday so we just missed you. I am very surprised we didn't bump into you at SSR though
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Mmm, the food and drinks look delicious

Another great day

Mandy

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #6
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

great food pics we got soaked on popeye as well its kind of impossible not to !

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: