Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! **COMPLETE!**

I want to start out by saying that this is my first attempt at posting any kind of report, so I hope it doesn’t disappoint. I found the dining reports so helpful when planning our vacation; I thought I’d like to “pay it forward” in the hope that it will benefit someone else. I took lots of pictures, but occasionally forgot to photograph the appetizer or dessert course before it was devoured … so I apologize in advance for some of the slip-ups. I’d never photographed our food before, but once I got into the habit of it, it was easier to remember.

Now on to the details …

Our cast consists of DH Frank, 52; a great guy and good sport with my obsessive planning. He enjoys Disney but not to the same degree as I do. He’s not a big fan of the rides; Big Thunder is about the wildest one he’ll attempt. He patiently indulges us by going through endless gift shops while DD and I look for the perfect souvenirs. His favourite Disney movie is Aladdin. When it comes to food, he’s a “meat and potatoes” kind of guy and is most definitely not an adventurous eater at all.

DD Cheryl, whose 19th birthday we were celebrating on this trip. She’s a Disney fanatic like her Mom, she loves to ride all the roller-coasters and can’t decide if her favourite ride is Rock n’ Roller Coaster or Test Track. Her favourite Disney movie is Lady and the Tramp and she has a soft spot for many of the Disney villains (especially Scar and Hades.) As far as food goes, she loves to try new things and was looking forward to visiting restaurants we’d never been to before.

DS Neil, 15; he’s a wonderful kid who is very much like his Dad (although not quite as patient in the stores ) He also likes to try new foods and particularly enjoys anything spicy. He enjoys Disney very much, and happily rides all the coasters with his sister. His favourite ride is the Rock n’ Roller Coaster, favourite movie is Aladdin, and favourite character is the Genie.

Finally, there’s me, Carol, 48; Disney fanatic and chief planner for all our holidays, Disney or not. I love the rides as well, and I enjoy trying new restaurants and different foods. My favourite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean; it was the first ride I ever went on at Disney so it will always hold a special place in my heart. I love Eeyore and Goofy and my favourite movie is Beauty and the Beast.

Now that you know a little bit about us, I’ll get to the part I know you’re really interested in … the places we ate!

Our trip was for 10 days, August 26th to September 5th, and we were on the DDP (free food!!) My reviews will cover the following CS locations:

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (POFQ food court)
Sunshine Seasons
Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich
Pecos Bills
Columbia Harbor House

And the following TS locations:

Liberty Tree Tavern
Nine Dragons
Sci-Fi Dine-In
Raglan Road
Rose & Crown
Kona Café
Tony’s Town Square
Spoodles
Le Cellier
Boma

I’m going to include everyone’s impressions of their meal, and I’ll be rating each location in the following manner: Food quality, atmosphere, and general enjoyment will be rated on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the absolute best of the best. Service at the TS locations will be rated separately, and will be assigned an A, B, C, D or E rating. A is the best and E the worst.

Just arrived and ready to have some fun!!

First installment coming soon, stay tuned!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ

Last edited by MrsB1228; 09-20-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Updating
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
Matthews4Disney
Mouseketeer

Great start - now I can't wait to read more!!!!!!
Sept. 2006 POFQ: DS first trip and our first MNSSHP!
Aug./Sept. 2005 WL: DD turned 3 during her first trip to WDW!
Jan. 2002: Day Trip to MK ***Trips as a teen: DL, PO, CBR
Matthews4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #3
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

Where in Ontario are you from? I'm from Guelph, and heading to WDW in 20 days!!

Looking forward to reading your reviews!!

Teresa
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #4
lisaj
DIS Veteran

Subscribing, I'm surviving my pre-Disney diet by feeding off other people's dining reviews by proxy.

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

lisaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 PM   #5
DLo
DIS Veteran

Looking froward to your reviews and pics. Thanks in advance for including eveyones opinions. We have picky eaters and adventerous eaters in our group. Is is sometimes hard to find a place that satisifes everyone. We have missed out on some great places because of this!!!
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
mcrabeck
DIS Veteran

You are off to a great start! I can't wait to hear more!
mcrabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
Where in Ontario are you from? I'm from Guelph, and heading to WDW in 20 days!!

Looking forward to reading your reviews!!

Teresa
Hi Teresa! We're from the Newmarket area, so not too far away from you at all! Wow, 20 days, you must be a busy lady right now! We had a terrific time, it was sunny and very hot while we were there. This northern girl isn't used to 98 degree heat coupled with a humidity level that makes the air feel like you're walking underwater. LOL! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!!

To everyone else, welcome and thanks for joining me!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
Old 09-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Day 1: Liberty Tree Tavern

LIBERTY TREE TAVERN

This is our traditional first-night dinner. We love this place and always have a wonderful time here. The character interaction is terrific and the food is delicious. While it’s true that I could make a better Thanksgiving dinner at home, there’s something so special about enjoying it with Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, and Chip & Dale! Plus, I’m not stuck in the kitchen all day!

I want to apologize for the lack of pictures for this meal. The battery in my digital camera died just after we got to the restaurant. I was taking some pictures of the family while we were waiting to be called to our table when it gave up the ghost. It was a bummer because I really wanted to get pics of the characters as well.

For those who’ve never eaten here, dinner is a fixed menu that includes the following (description taken from AllEars):

DECLARATION SALAD - Tossed Mixed Greens, served with our special Tavern Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing

PATRIOT'S PLATTER - A generous serving of roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and smoked pork loin, with mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables, herb bread stuffing, and Stouffer's Macaroni and Cheese.

Dessert was warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. You also get a beverage, which includes sodas, iced tea, milk, chocolate milk, tea, coffee or lemonade.

We all enjoyed the salad, the dressing is delicious and just the right amount. So many places either skimp on the dressing or drown your salad with it, but LTT uses just the right amount. We devoured this very quickly.

We were disappointed with the rolls this year. They tasted like the standard crusty-type rolls you can purchase in any supermarket and weren’t as fresh as they could be. Last year they were warm, fresh, and tasted like homemade. We each tried a bite and left the rest.

DD: enjoyed the turkey, pork loin, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and the mac & cheese. She didn’t try the beef because she rarely eats red meat. Rating: 8/10

DS: enjoyed the turkey and pork loin but wasn’t thrilled with the beef. He had seconds of the mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans and mac & cheese. Rating: 8/10

DH: really enjoyed everything (except for the rolls) and had seconds of all the meats, the mashed potatoes and gravy, and the green beans. Rating: 9/10

Me: I loved the turkey and the pork loin, which had a sweet mustard-type glaze that was very tasty. The mashed potatoes and gravy were delicious and I have to admit I love Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese. <g> I also really enjoy the green beans they serve here, they’re always cooked just the way I like them … tender, but not limp. Rating: 8/10

Dessert was delicious and enjoyed by all. As a birthday treat for my daughter, they also brought a chocolate cupcake with a vanilla glaze and red, white and blue Mickey sprinkles. They brought it out while ringing a bell and announcing to the whole restaurant that it was Cheryl’s 19th birthday. Everyone sang Happy Birthday and applauded while she made a wish and blew out the candle. She also received a birthday card signed by all the characters.

Service was solid, we never had to ask for refills and the food was brought out promptly as it was piping hot.

Would we return? Most definitely!!

Overall Rating: 8 ¼
Service: B+

Coming up next: Sunshine Seasons and Nine Dragons

Old 09-09-2007, 03:59 PM   #9
kokotg
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the reviews so far! You have 5 of our 7 table services covered, so I'll be reading more with great interest!
kokotg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #10
Tiggeye
Been there, done that, going back

Can't wait to read your reviews. Subscribed to your thread

Thanks

Tiggeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 AM   #11
jenelope
In my house, I *am* the kid! (also, the mom, the dad and the maid)

Great reviews! Can't wait to read more!
Old 09-15-2007, 06:43 PM   #12
maiyasgram
Mouseketeer

Great report Love the pics! Can't wait to get there...
maiyasgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
december
DIS Veteran

Those Mickey heads with the candy look great! I'm going Thanksgiving week, and those would make great Christmas gifts!
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #14
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Great reviews & Pictures!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #15
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiyasgram View Post
Great report Love the pics! Can't wait to get there...
Thank you, and enjoy your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Those Mickey heads with the candy look great! I'm going Thanksgiving week, and those would make great Christmas gifts!
Great idea! They were very tempting and the smell of fudge was enough to make you weak in the knees!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schucraig View Post
Great reviews & Pictures!
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinallyDisney View Post
MrsB1228-I am enjoying all of your wonderful reviews but you are making my stomache growl something fierce!!!! We are staying at POFQ (in 53 days) and I was apprehensive because alot of reviews lately are not very flattering! Thanks for posting that you love it there - WHEW! Also, we have ADRs at alot of the same restaurants and I am very excited. I wasn't aware that WGPE was a CS credit and am very happy as perhaps that's where we'll eat our 1st night in DTD! Can't wait to hear about Spoodles and thanks again for the detailed reviews and great pics. Even the pics showing half eaten food - -
I tried so hard to remember to snap the photo before we dug in, and we all got better at it as time went on. Sometimes we were really hungry though, and then it was like feeding time at the zoo ... you forget the camera and get out of the way if you know what's good for you.

You'll love POFQ! This was our second stay and we loved it just as much this time as we did in December. It's a lovely resort, and it's small size makes it easy to navigate and a welcome respite from the parks. You'll have a great time!

WPE is a wonderful bargain for a CS credit! It has a wonderful varied menu too, so everyone is sure to find something they like. Enjoy!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: