Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
kilee

The Tag Fairy knows all, sees all.....
Love is in the air!

Priceline Bids/results

We'll use this thread for research and information purposes.

Remember that bids accepted by Priceline are not able to be cancelled. Also, remember that priceline only guarantee's you 1 bed. Most people have had luck getting 2 beds in the WDW area.....BUT it's no guarantee.

Also, remember you can bid the same exact specs as 3 other people and not get the property they got. There are no guarantee's w/ Priceline.

The biggest thing is do your homework on what you might get. What would be a good price for what * level and zone you're bidding.

You can of course monitor what others are getting here on this thread and other boards. It's a good tool to research what you may get.

That being said~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When posting a winning or declined bid be sure to inculde as much detail as possible.

Remember to post what dates of travel you are looking to book. What level room you bid on and what zone. Also what price.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
Kendallkat2
A "DVCHV" Member

Radisson Worldgate

I used Priceline for my first time and won my first bid.

Got Radisson Worldgate:

http://www.worldgateresort.com/contact.php

for a rate of $50 for October 6 to 7.

Beth
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #3
LuvAriel
DIS Veteran

First Time Bid, very happy w/ results!!

First time ever using Priceline & I am completely satisfied!!

1 night stay--9/16.

Here's how I bid:
DWV
Resort
1 room
Bid accepted at $60.00

I got the Hilton in DTD for $60 plus $15 taxes; total of $75.00 for the 1 night.

I will add, I didn't care which resort I got, I wouldn't suggest using Priceline if you have your mind set on one specific place, it is a gamble & I am extremely pleased!!!
2003 The start of our addiction: offsite
2004 DD #2 1st trip to Disney: offsite
2005 Simon Family Trip: Poly
2006 Free Dining: Pop
2007 Memorial Day Quickie Trip: POP
2007 Free Dining: POP
2008 40th Bday Trip: CBR

2009 BAY LAKE TOWER
2010 DISNEYLAND, HERE WE COME!!
LuvAriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #4
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

The Swan and Dolphin haven't come up on Priceline for years. All stars only came up on Priceline once, for a short period of time. Potential bidders who did a search shouldn't expect those hotels.

Guests bidding on lower * properties should remember PL fees, a possible resort fee and a possible fee to use park shuttles may offset whatever discount you get. Guests who book conventionally may ensure they'll get a newer property and/or a property with a free breakfast. Take that into account when deciding how much to bid.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
embracinglife
Earning My Ears

I have a question regarding Priceline. In order for me to get a hotel naming my price, does this hotel have to show availability through Priceline if I book the conventional way? Like for instance, if I was hoping for the Hilton, does this hotel have to show up in Priceline regular booking listings for a specific date, so that I have a real chance to get it? If it does not appear in the list, does this means I'm never going to get it for that particular date no matter how much I bid, or do I still have a chance?

embracinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

A hotel that doesn't show any availability on the hotel's website is unlikely to have inventory on PL. Actually places like BFT base their bidding suggestions on the lowest available rates. Hotels that are only showing expensive rooms on their website generally have no reason to release inventory to PL. No guarantees occasionally a hotel will show as sold out but still have a couple of rooms on PL. Sometimes the hotel has small "PL rooms" that they don't normally rent conventionally.

I haven't used PL in a few years. I think the magic number used to be $199, if the Hilton didn't show availability at that price, or below, PL generally didn't have any inventory.

Everything is subject to change and risk but generally the Hilton is the only participating hotel that comes up between $60-$80 (or so). A low bid will generally either give you the Hilton or nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracinglife View Post
I have a question regarding Priceline. In order for me to get a hotel naming my price, does this hotel have to show availability through Priceline if I book the conventional way? Like for instance, if I was hoping for the Hilton, does this hotel have to show up in Priceline regular booking listings for a specific date, so that I have a real chance to get it? If it does not appear in the list, does this means I'm never going to get it for that particular date no matter how much I bid, or do I still have a chance?

Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:06 AM   #7
alexcturner

Vows to leave the tagging to the experts!
I guess staying up late has it's advantages

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracinglife View Post

I have used Priceline several times (Not for Disney however). I have gotten hotels and resorts NOT listed in Priceline's regular inventory. Hope that helps!

June 2005 myhouseatdisney
Too many prior visits to list!
alexcturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #8
aestapa
Mouseketeer

We booked on priceline for the week after Christmas. We got the Gaylord Palms, for 95, which is what I was hoping for...but, it was not on pricelines list of available hotels for that time period. I did not think we would get it, so I was pleasantly surprised. check out www.biddingfortravel.com for answers to a ton of priceline questions. It was very helpful for us.
aestapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
madexpert1
Earning My Ears

if you are looking vacation home rental in florida then check this out
madexpert1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:54 AM   #10
vitobsnodgrass
Earning My Ears

Interesting.

I am new and just find this interesting.
vitobsnodgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
killian_red
Earning My Ears

saved me a lot of leg work, thanks to all.
killian_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #12
veenstra56
Deputy, Watley Posse

Got an Extended Stay America Orlando Convention Center (on Westwood Blvd. off I-Drive) for one night before we check into Boardwalk.

Priceline winning bid: $25.00
Total Charges with taxes/fees: $35.32

Actually here right now (March 29). The hotel is basic, but clean, and has a kitchenette with sink, apartment size fridge, cabinets and microwave. The staff thus far is nice and helpful.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 PM   #13
SB in KY
DIS Veteran

I got the Hampton Inn and Suites in the Universal I-drive North Zone for $38/night. It is a 2.5* hotel. gets good reviews on Trip Advisor and includes a full breakfast and free wi-fi....cheapest available rates for our dates (8/1 - 8/3) at this property on conventional booking sites was $139/night, so I was happy
SB in KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #14
lovin diz
DIS Veteran

this is from hotwire.com

I booked 8 nights nov 22nd -30th on hotwire. $29 per night, $269 total

Last edited by lovin diz; 04-21-2008 at 12:16 PM.
lovin diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #15
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin diz View Post
I booked 8 nights nov 22nd -30th on hotwire. $29 per night, $269 total
Which hotel did you get?
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote