Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2007, 02:33 AM   #1
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Two Aussie first-timers in Disney! Lots of photos! NEW- FINAL CHAPTER! - Ch 20, Pg 30

Yayyy, my first trip report!!

Now… yes, it is a little bit late. Our Disney adventure was actually last September, but you know what!? Since returning home, I’ve had Disney-itus! Or Disney homesickness! Or Disney miseries! Or whatever you like to call it – I’ve been sad that my Disney trip is over. Booo!

But before we went to Disney World, I wanted to write a trip report. Because I love writing, and I love the DIS boards, and I love Disney, so why not!? While we were at Disney, I wrote pages and pages of detailed notes about everything to remember for my trip report. It’s been 6 months since we were there, but I still remember everything about our trip!

Plus, I’m over my Disney homesickness now. I’m thankful that I went, and I had a fantastic, fabulous, fancy, frivolous, FUN time, and I’m ready to write about it! And also… we’re planning a return trip in September 2008. Heee! Disney homesickness is always a bit easier to get over when you know another trip is ahead!!

So I’m going to finally write my trip report!! I LOVE reading other people’s trip reports, especially ones with lots of details and lots of photos, so that’s what I’m going to try and do! I’m also going to try and post an update every couple of days – and you can hold me to that!!

Anyway, I’m already raving. I tend to do that…

So it was just the two of us on our trip. There’s me, AussieAngel - I’m 26, and I’m a teacher, and I’m the obsessive vacation planner. Then there’s my fiancé (DF), who is 27, and in business management, and he’s NOT the obsessive vacation planner – but he likes me so he’s willing to go along with my plans!! Phew!

Here’s us…

We’re from way over here in Melbourne, Australia. Which is a LONG way from Orlando. Too far! Boooo! We’re definitely Disney first timers. In fact, we’re America first timers! I’d traveled around Europe, but DF had never left Australia.

So how did we end up in Disney World? We actually planned a massive 7 week USA adventure holiday. Ooh la la! It involved a lot of saving and a LOT of planning, but it was definitely, definitely worth it. The trip of a lifetime!!

To cut a long story short, here’s where we traveled…

* San Francisco, stay for 4 nights
* LA - 4 nights
* San Diego – 4 nights
* Las Vegas – 4 nights
* Orlando – Stay at Pop for 7 nights
* Savannah – 3 nights
* Washington DC – 3 nights
* New York – 5 nights
* Toronto – 3 nights
* Montreal – 3 nights
* Dublin, Ireland – Stay for 6 nights
* Fly home!

So that’s our trip! 7 weeks all up. Lots of flying, lots of sight-seeing, lots of eating out, lots of hotel rooms… we loved it all! (Well, maybe except for all the flights.)

(And yes, I know Toronto, Montreal, or Dublin aren’t part of the USA. We wanted to sample a little bit of Canada, so Toronto and Montreal it was. My sister and her family live in Dublin, which is why we detoured to Ireland on our way home to Australia! Whew!)

I’ve always wanted to go to Disneyland. Or Disney World. In fact, 18 months ago, I didn’t know the difference. Actually, I didn’t even realize they were different places. It’s always just seemed like a very distant dream, which I knew nothing about, but I wanted to go anyway. So while we were researching our USA trip, we found out more about Disney – and decided Disney World was the place to be. We booked our hotel (Pop Century), and thought that would be it.

Then I discovered the DIS boards. And you know the rest! Among everything else, from you amazing people on the Disney boards, I discovered that the dates we’d booked at Disney – September 5th to September 12th – meant we were eligible for the Free Dining Plan!

Yayyyyyyyy! You all saved us about $800!! And we got to eat some delicious meals!

So all up, our USA trip planning was about 14 months in the making. We both saw this trip as our one massive overseas adventure while we’re still young with lots of energy, and before we settled down and bought a house, and all that grown-up stuff.

Actually, before we left for our trip, DF wasn’t my fiancé, he was my boyfriend! He popped the question at Niagara Falls, towards the end our trip, and of course I said yes! Yayyy! Did I mention it was a fabulous vacation!?

Next up… A quick review of our American trip before Disney! (Or if you like, I can just skip to the Disney bits!! Let me know what you’d prefer!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!

Last edited by AussieAngel; 07-09-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:56 AM   #2
A fat english gent
DIS Veteran

7 WEEKS NOW THATS A BLOODY JOLLY,I need to know more now please.....

ps...We don't skip on the DISS we need to know ALL about your trip....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

wow what an adventure.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Sounds exciting...can't wait to hear more!!!

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 03-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
serendipity
DIS Veteran

this sounds amazing. I can't wait to read more!
January 2008- Paris (with day trip to Disneyland Paris), Germany, Austria, Florence and Rome!!!/May 2007- Honeymoon at Disneyland and the great out west!/February 2007-Long weekend at POR/November 2007-Early Christmas at ASSp/WL/AKL/April 2006-Birthday celebration/1st trip with my husband at ASMo/AKL/1996-2000- Summers in Orlando every year to visit my Grandmother

Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #6
MA pigletfan
DIS Veteran

i am in!!! by now it sounds like you have seen more of my country than i have!! i need to work on that
Old 03-13-2007, 01:00 PM   #7
veryblessed
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more!! My hubby and I are going this Sept!!! I can't wait!!

MY PTR: 2 WEEKS WITH MICKEY MOUSE SEPT. 08
http://http://www.disboards.com/show....php?t=1698508
Old 03-13-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

holy lord....7 weeks! my first thought is how much luggage do you need for that!!? haha, i pack like i'm going away for 7 weeks when in reality it's only like 4 days, so i can't imagine actually being gone for that long...wow!! and to think you still like each other after that! hahah
congrats...can't wait to hear more!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #9
mvazul
DIS Veteran

I want to read all of the details. No skipping!!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
mt mommy
Mouseketeer

What a trip of a life time!!! How FUN!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #11
Scutapipig
Bookets of uddles and nuddles of bouquets!!!
I'm going with Former President Gerald R. Ford and Amway

I am definitely subscribing to hear about a seven week trip! Looking forward to it!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

Wow, I think you've officially seen more of this continent than I have!

Can't wait to hear about it!

Did you do Disneyland while in California, too?

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #13
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Hey! Thanks to all those people who have replied - it's great to know there are people actually reading my report! It's all so exciting!

A Fat English Gent... (What a name!) 7 weeks WAS a bloody jolly! I'm not quite sure what that means, but I'm sure you're right!!

KimAshton, mommys3, serendipity. mt mommy & scutapipig... Thanks for stopping by and for your nice words!!

MA Piglet Fan... There's lots of your country to see!! You should definitely check it out! It's lots of fun! (But Disney trips are the best!)

NMAmy & mvazul... Thanks for your kind words! I will give a quick description of our American adventures before we hit DisneyWorld. Thanks for the encouragement!

veryblessed... Lucky you, going to Disney in September!! Time will fly, and you'll be there before you know it!! Exciting!

crzyred... Luggage was a problem!! I'd been buying clothes for months to take on our trip, and in the end I could only pack half of them. We could only take one suitcase each, and one piece of hand luggage. Terrible!! It was MUCH worse on the way back though, after I'd bought HEAPS of cool American clothes, and had to squeeze them all in!!

WDW Poly Princess... First can I just say - wow! I'm so excited you popped into my trip report! I have read all of your current trip report, and loved it all! DF and I are even thinking of staying at Wilderness Lodge in September 2008 because of you and your great photos!! Yeee!
But to answer your question, no, we didn't do Disneyland in California. At the time, we thought one Disney adventure would be enough, but now I wish we had of! We did, however, go to Universal Studios in LA, and SeaWorld in San Diego, which were both lots of fun.
Oh and also, we went to see RENT on Broadway!! No day but todaaaaayyyy!

Anyway, thanks again you guys, for dropping into my trip report! I'm going to post the first real chapter tomorrow, so keep an eye out!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: