Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #1
JonetteA
A Tag is a wish that's granted, when you're fast asleep
4 brains are better than 2!!!

DISboards Moderator

FAQ for Disneyland Brides

I just wanted to have all of the Disneyland Wedding information in one place since it differs from WDW.

*Note: All of the below is subject to change at any time per Disney's rules/ regulations and pricing.

Our Fairytale Wedding Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0&page=1&pp=15

Leif and Jonette
May 18, 2006
Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Illuminations - Lower French
JonetteA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #2
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Here are some pictures that I have of some of the venues available at the Disneyland Resort.

Disneyland Hotel
Rose Court Garden

Grand/Great Lawn Cocktail Reception

Grand Californian Hotel
Wedding Garden

Brisa Courtyard (used for Cocktail Receptions)

Basic Charger and Linens

Trillium Room (all 3 rooms together)......there are 3 windows in this room, two small on each side of the larger rectangular widow

Trillium Room patio

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003

Last edited by RangerPooh; 03-16-2008 at 05:07 PM.
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
RangerPooh

Link to Disneyland Virtual Site Inspection...keep in mind that some of this information is out of date, as prices ahve changed.
http://www.getawayweddings.com/inspection/index.asp

Festival of the Brides Bridal show at Disneyland Hotel Link...
http://www.festivalofbrides.com/DISNEYLANDHOTEL.htm

FAQ's from the Disneyland Weddings website

Q: Can I have my wedding ceremony and reception in different Disneyland® Resort locations?

A: Yes! One of the best aspects of a wedding at the Disneyland® Resort is that you can custom design your wedding event. Check out the variety of Wedding Locations available for your wedding event. Most wedding ceremonies take place in one of our lushly landscaped Wedding Gardens or Gazebos while receptions can range from your choice of well-appointed Resort ballrooms, or, for the ultimate Disney experience, in the privacy of one of our world famous Theme Parks!

Q: Will the deposit apply to the wedding?

A: Yes, your deposit will act as your commitment to host your wedding at the Disneyland® Resort and enable us to begin planning your events and reserving hotel room accommodations. The deposit will be applied toward your wedding and is non-refundable once it is received. Deposits are required to confirm your wedding event space and special hotel and ticket rates.

Q: Do the preferred vendors (i.e. photographers, videographers, hair and make-up, ministers, etc.) apply to the overall expenditures?

A: Only Disney provided services apply towards your wedding minimum. This includes all food & beverage, wedding cake, floral and décor, Disney favors and entertainment. Any non-Disney provided services from a vendor will not apply toward your minimum. Your Disney Wedding Planner will be happy to clarify this for you during the planning process of your wedding.

Q: Can I bring in my own wedding cake?

A: Wedding cakes and all other Food & Beverage related services must be provided by the Disneyland® Resort. We offer a variety of selections and spectacular designs or our award-winning pastry chefs are happy to create the wedding cake of your dreams based on your photos or imagination. Check out our Wedding Cake Photo Gallery to see just a few of our favorites.

Q: I would love to have my wedding in a Disneyland® Resort Theme Park but do not have the budget. How do you suggest we incorporate the Disney magic into our wedding event?

A: We are pleased to offer many magical opportunities to enhance your celebration. A pre or post-wedding event such as a Fantasmic!* Dessert party, Disney's Electrical Parade* Rehearsal Dinner or even a whimsical Mad Hatter Tea Party Brunch are all excellent ways to add a touch of Disney magic to your special day. Your Disney Wedding Planner will be pleased to share details of these options and many more.

Q: I am considering a wedding date one year from now. What is the planning cycle?

A: Your timing is perfect! Our typical wedding planning cycle is based on a one year plan. Please see our Disney Wedding Timeline for a detailed Wedding Plan. Of course, we are delighted to accommodate you should your wedding schedule require. Any scheduling options should be discussed with your Disney Wedding Planner.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #4
RangerPooh

Policies and Guidelines....taken from Disney's webpage

Booking Your Wedding
Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding offices are open Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m - 5:00p.m. "Site inspections" are available and should be scheduled in advance with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. It is recommended that you determine availability of your preferred wedding dates in advance of your visit to the Disneyland® Resort. Once your wedding plans are definite, you will be assigned a Disney Wedding Planner. Should you require after-hours appointments, availability may be determined and discussed with your Disney Wedding Planner.

Deposits
A retainer will be required for your commitment to host your wedding at the Disneyland® Resort and enable us to begin planning your events and reserving hotel room accommodations. The retainer will be applied toward your wedding and is non-refundable once it is received. Retainers are required to confirm your wedding event space and special hotel rates.

Food & Beverage Expenditures
Food and beverage minimum expenditures apply based on event time and location. Service charge and sales tax are added to all food and beverage totals and are subject to change without notice.

Wedding Expenditures
Overall wedding event minimum expenditures apply based on the day of the week and location. Holiday seasons may require a higher minimum. Food and beverage, flowers, décor, music, entertainment, special transportation, ceremony site fees and any other services exclusively for the wedding event will apply toward reaching or exceeding this minimum provided by the Disneyland® Resort and Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. A room rental fee will apply for receptions only.

Guest Accommodations
It is anticipated that each bride will guarantee 10 hotel room nights as part of her Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding as stated in the Letter of Agreement. To assist with this, we are pleased to offer special room rates at any of the three Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort for guests attending this special day. Your Disney Wedding Planner will be happy to discuss the details of this opportunity with you.

To encourage your guests take advantage of these attractive offers, Disney will send complimentary "Save-the-Date" announcements, "Wedding Guest Reservation" and "Disney Ticket" forms. These forms will be personalized and coordinated for you.

Complimentary Wedding night accommodations are offered for your special first night together at the Resort location of your reception. For an additional charge and based on space availability, additional nights and a suite upgrade can be arranged for your stay.

Parking
Self Parking: Couples hosting their wedding at the Disneyland® Resort will receive complimentary self-parking for their guests. Guests wil be directed to park their vehicles in available Resort Hotel parking locations.

Valet Parking: Couples may host their guests' valet parking for a flat fee per car attending their event. If they choose not to, their guests will pay the standard fee for valet parking if requested.

Ceremony Location Fees
A ceremony site fee is required for the options below:

• Disney's Grand Californian Hotel®
• Disneyland® Hotel
• Theme Park Weddings and Special Events

Create a real-life fairy tale wedding inside Disney's California Adventure™ or Disneyland® theme park. These premium events are held after hours, have limited availability, higher minimums, and are priced independently from Disneyland® Resort Hotel wedding events.

Disney's world class service, quality and style are always enthusiastically presented to you and your honored guests. Please contact your Disney Wedding Planner for more information on these special options.

Note: Theme park weddings, receptions, and pre/post wedding events are based upon availability and food & beverage minimums.

Planning Your Wedding
See our Wedding Planning Timeline for a breakdown of important planning milestones.

Soon after we receive your signed Letter of Agreement you will be mailed a comprehensive planning kit. This will allow you to prepare for a productive planning session with your Disney Wedding Planner.

Planning Session
We recommend that in order for you to maximize the efficiency of your planning process you schedule a visit for a formal "Planning Session" with your Disney Wedding Planner early in your planning stages. Of course, we are delighted to attend to all of the wedding planning details via telephone, e-mail, faxes and mail if your schedule does not permit a visit prior to your wedding event.

Rest assured that the entire team of Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings stands ready to assist you with all of the planning details of your very special wedding event. We will make every effort to accommodate your requests for site visits and planning meetings as long as we have advance notice in order to allow sufficient time to dedicate to you while you are here.

Key Planning Dates
Five Weeks in Advance of Your Wedding Date: We recommend you call any Guests you have not received written responses from, to ensure that they received your invitation and to confirm their attendance.

Four Weeks in Advance of Your Wedding Date: Full payment in the form of check, money order, or Credit Card is due to your Wedding Planner.

Four Business Days Before Your Wedding: A final guest guarantee will be required for all Food & Beverage functions.

Final Balance: Any balance due after your final guarantee will be collected from you prior to your wedding day.

Contact Us
Call (714) 956-6527 to speak with a Disney Wedding Sales Consultant.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #5
BrideToBe82
Mouseketeer

I started a planning journal if anyone is interested (I'm a Disneyland bride)

Bridetobe82's Planning Journal

Wedding Planning Journal
BrideToBe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:46 PM   #6
Belle62442
Mouseketeer

BrideToBe82 everything looks so lovely!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Belle62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
BrideToBe82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle62442
BrideToBe82 everything looks so lovely!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Thanks Belle! I have a ton more to post...I'll try to do more tonight or tomorrow

Wedding Planning Journal
BrideToBe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #8
cryssi
Kabocha
Looking for the scripty one
I want to experiment with fondant flowers
Long live the white walls!!
I need the extra oomph

please PM me if you would like my vendor review...

thanks!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #9
JonetteA
A Tag is a wish that's granted, when you're fast asleep
4 brains are better than 2!!!

DISboards Moderator

Cyrssi,

Go ahead and post your vendor review. I think it would be great to know who everyone is using for things like flowers, photography, linens...etc. I encourage all Disneyland brides to do this! As well as examples of their work of course.
JonetteA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #10
batcat_22
Earning My Ears

We just did our deposit for our 6/7/08 wedding!!! Any planning help or vendor suggestions would be great!!!!!!
batcat_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Port Orleans, French Quarter 10/2014; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 10/2014

Last edited by fairytalelover; 07-09-2007 at 01:25 PM.
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #12
batcat_22
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the info, I will check those vendors out. Who did you use for flowers, Hair/ Makeup, and did you do DJ or band?
batcat_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
RangerPooh

These were our vendors:

Photography- Doug Boutwell (does great work)
DJ- California Mobile DJ (great job, great price)
Bagpiper- Southern California Bagpiper (we were happy with him, played wonderfully, great price)
Floral-Disney

Old 04-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #14
musiksmith
Earning My Ears

We were married in Sept of 2004 and also used Doug and Chenin! They are the best, absolutely amazing!
Anniversary 9/05 BWI/POFQ/Ill Dinner
VR 9/9/06 Sunset Pointe/CB
musiksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 AM   #15
Corpsebride
DIS Veteran

Wink is this the board for Disney California brides now?

Hi all~
Is this the Disneyland California Fairytale Weddings brides page now? I stopped looking at the wedding board on here because everything was for WDW. But it would be great if this was for California Brides.
Anyways, Df and I were going to get married at Disneyland in the Rose Court Garden on Oct. 31, 2008. BUT, we got into a head on collision a few weeks ago and it wiped out our wedding $$ , soooooo we are rescheduling for Oct, 31, 2009. We are fine and will be fine by then but I was a little sad and am still a little sad.
But, that will give me time to get absolutely EVERYTHING done. and lose that 25lbs.lol
Anyhoo, I hope this is our board, that would be super!
Disneyland Hotel

(Our Disney's Fairytale Wedding Planner, Traci Banister, She is the BEST!!714~956-6726)
Our 4 Year Anniversary is right around the corner!
Corpsebride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: