Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Mickey’s Hand is in my Pocket w/Pics. Ending Edited in 10/16-#84

This is my first attempt at a trip report, so I hope everyone will bear with me. I’ve read some of the greats – Twinkie Mama, VetteChick, tiggerbell, and ZZUB to name a few – so I hope some of their greatness has had some influence on me. Oh - and thanks to Mike at DH's work for coming up with the title for this...afterall, how true is that!!

First, let's introduce the cast in the beginning for my fourth trip to the World:
Myself (36) - OBSESSED with DW and all that is DW.

DH (38) - Not obsessed and tired of hearing about all things Disney. Thinks WDW should be a relaxing vacation (yeah right - does he not remember who he married?!)

We headed down for 12 wonderful nights 9/22-10/4.

I’m a planner – I’ll admit it upfront. Hello, my name is Ty and I’m an obsessive compulsive WDW planner. I started planning a year and a half ago, just a mere six months after we got back from our 2004 trip. I’m still trying to figure out how I got DH to agree to go back so quickly…yes, unfortunately going back in under two years was quick for us. If anyone has any tips to change that, please feel free to PM me . I now have to ask, does anyone else have Disney Dreams, where you’ve managed to forget everything you know or what you were supposed to bring? I had dreams where a restaurant changed and I thought…hmmm gotta post that on the disboards! Now not only am I dreaming about things forgotten or changed once we got there, but I’m dreaming that I must post to the disboards. Wonder if that’s a sign that I spend too much time on the disboards…NAHHHH

I also have to mention that I started what became know as my Disney “Bible” (a binder I had.) It grew from ½ inch to 1 inch to 2 inches and could have easily gone into a 3 inch. My back won’t know what to do not having to haul it around with me everyday. I had copies of everything you could think if in there, except one minor detail, a map of the property – that will come back to haunt me later!

Since I seem to live on the disboards, I knew early on about the change from 90 to 180 days for ADR’s. I called exactly at 180 days to get all my ADR’s which I did. Then at 30 days and 14 days, DH FINALLY looks at what I’ve been e-mailing him for SIX months and says where is this restaurant or where is this? WHAT??? Do you not know that it is free dining and these ADR’s were made months and months ago. I told him I’d try and miracle upon miracles I was able to do a little rearranging and get his requests in.

We also decided that we would drive down. I’m afraid of flying, but have flown in the past and as recently (we do not travel much) as 2004 to see the sticky fingered mouse. I somehow talked DH into driving and thought we were set. Then the more I thought about it and wasn’t sure how many vacation days DH would get, I started to think, maybe we should fly. I even sent DH fares to book for us, but he never did. I finally asked him and he said he wanted to drive as we had not been on a road trip since our honeymoon a few years ago. OK – cool – we are driving. We’ll leave the evening of 9/21, get as far as Southern Illinois and finish up the next day. Good we are set….

Ummmm not really – now my ten thousand posts on I-65 through Alabama vs I-75 through Atlanta began. I even ordered Dave Hunter’s along I-75 which he graciously rushed to me so I could use the hot off the press book on our trip. All we knew for sure was we would take 57 through Illinois and decide what to do when we hit Nashville.

OK – it’s now the Tuesday before we leave, and DH decides: a) we should be flying – ummmm not happening we leave in TWO days!!!! Then b) we’ll drive straight thru as he does not want to leave on Thursday night. OK – HOLD ON! We’ve had plans for months and now they are all going out the window, I guess I should have seen this as a precursor for what would happen on the rest of the trip!

Up next...UMMMM - Since when is AL Tornado Alley?????????
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*

Last edited by TyRy; 10-16-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Mickey's Hand is in My Pocket - Travel Day

This is now our one and only travel day. Remember we were supposed to leave the 21st to make it to So. Illinois and have an easy 12 hour drive down on Friday and check into Pop for the night. NOPE – DH changed his mind a couple days before leaving that we would leave Friday am. OK – so we’ll leave at like 4 am? Yeah right – we left about 7:30am. Right into the heart of a good old Chicago rush hour. Late as usual – would also become a theme throughout the trip. Surprisingly traffic was not too bad getting from the near western burbs to I-57, so we were off. The rule this trip, was eat in car, make very few stops and just get there. I asked if I could drive the beginning as I hate driving at night. DH said we could switch, but somehow it was suddenly 8 hours later and he was still driving. GREAAATTTT – now I get to drive all night. I usually don’t sleep well in the car, plus I could hear Mickey calling my name, so there was no napping.

OH – which way did we go? We figured we would be caught in Friday night Atlanta traffic and also I had been warned that there was construction all through Georgia. So we decided that we will do 57-24-65-231-10-75 (thanks SpiceyCat for the absolutely awesome directions.) Wow – looking at those numbers, maybe I should have played the lottery with them. Sorry, to get back on track, that’s how we went. It was great. We closed in around Birmingham around 5:30 that day – we were making pretty good time. It was then that my satellite radio decided to die out on the station I had it running through (I use an FM transmitter). OK – sounds like traffic, I’ll listen for a minute. DH was starting to snooze when all of the sudden he heard me yell “WHAT?!” Turns out 65 was closed both directions due to a 15 car pileup about 10 miles ahead of us due to weather. Weather? What weather? It was a little cloudy but that was it. DH says not to panic, we’ll hop off at the next exit, grab gas, and figure a way around it. Well the next exit was quite a few miles up the road and I kept wondering where the backup was. If any of the highways were closed down in Chicago around rush hours there would be miles upon miles of backups. Not so in Alabama I guess.

So off to the gas station we go, and while we are sitting there trying to figure out a way around (had our big AAA map), we start hearing about tornadoes. Ummmm – it’s hurricane season and I don’t recall AL being in tornado alley so what the heck are tornadoes doing here? The reports are coming fast and furious and DH is trying to circle each town where there is a warning and drawing little tornadoes when one is confirmed. He’s also now trying to figure out a way around the storms and I’m starting to panic. I’m from Chicago, but went to school in Southern Illinois where we had our share of tornadic storms. I really really hate bad storms now. At this point all these storms will be crossing 65 right in our path if we keep going. I think the map is now showing that we’ll have to go into Mississippi if we want to drive around them. DH is still being the sensible one, and suggests something to eat to see if the storms let up. He eats, I panic. We’ve now been pulled off 65 for more than an hour when he declares that it seems most of the warnings are now on the east side of 65 and it has been reopened, so we should be good to go. He’s still too tired to drive, so I know we’ll hit bad weather again – it’s law with us. If he drives, pretty sunshine. If I drive, hail, wind, blizzards and any other nasty weather Mother Nature has will be thrown at us. We keep listening to the same radio station and the weather guy is great with still giving us updates so I can keep asking if I should drive slower or faster while DH looks and continues to draw on the map. He also has the video camera ready as he wants to see a tornado...something I am proud to say I am the only one of my friends from college who has never seen or been chased by one driving back and forth between home and school. I’m trying to keep my streak alive!

The great weather guy finally announces “This is one for the record books, it’s the 2nd worst outbreak Alabama has ever had” – wonderful! I’m so happy I could be here for that. Now I must mention that they also said, that people were reporting little or no damage from the twisters so that was a good thing. The pileup was due to heavy rains and lightning we found out, not a tornado. BUT - I’m still busy stating that we’ll be going thru Georgia on the way home as there is no way I am setting foot in Alabama ever again (yeah right)

About 11pm we pull over for gas again, and I grab a Mountain Dew to help stave off a little sleepiness. I’m also allergic to caffeine as it does weird things to me, but hey – what would one little can do? Well – let’s just say I managed to get us all the way to 75 before DH got us the last couple of hours. I also had a leg that was shaking uncontrollably from the caffeine. I almost bought another one, but finally came to my senses and decided against that. DH did drive us the last two or three hours. I’m still not sleeping due to the caffeine, so I became a two year old and kept asking how far it was to Orlando as I was sure we missed it and would be in Key West at any moment.

FINALLY – there it is – the road known as the Western Way (thanks KINGBOBOFTHENORTH & Ducklite for the excellent directions on the Western Way.) YEAH we did it…we drove straight through. I had called Pop a number of times to let them know we were still coming and not to give away our room – something I learned on the Disboards is that they recycle the rooms about 2am and I was afraid I’d lose ours. Afterall, we now had all of five and a half hours before I wanted to check into the WL the next day. And so what if it’s 5am – we are here – let’s take pictures! And that is exactly what DH did while I checked us in. (an example)

Yeah – sleep, finally.

Up next – we’re off to the WL and free dining!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*

Last edited by TyRy; 03-09-2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Added picture
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
McDISer
DIS Veteran

That was some scary reading to see if you encountered the tornado's. I think I would have just gone over to the Wilderness Lodge to see if my room was ready. But then again, you guys were probably exhausted from driving.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #4
tammyandtommy
Just call me Duckie!

Dont you hate the fact that once you enter Florida you still have 2 or so hours to go? It drives me insane!!! But I plan to do it again!
ds irate:
Old 10-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Chapter 2

So we had 4 hours of sleep – it’s Disney who needs sleep??? (well DH did as you will see later!) After taking a few more pictures around Pop Century...

we head over to the WL. I wanted to check in early to try and get my Woods View Room Choice. We pull up

and let the guard know we are checking in – and they handed up a parking pass pre-printed with my name on it- yeah! Then we leave and they say “Welcome Home.” Now I’m guessing they may say this at all the resorts where there is DVC, but since I have only stayed at POFQ I had never heard this. My DH knew he was in trouble and I made him pull up to the guard each time after that to be let in instead of using the bypass with our keys. I just wanted to hear “Welcome Home” – is that so wrong?

It’s about 10:30am – later than I had originally planned on checking in, so DH drops me off and I bolt into the Lodge – guess everyone else had the same idea I did. Oh well. Wait about 10 minutes in line and end up with a great cast member. She notes our requests – non-smoking, north wing overlooking otter pond, high floor. I also had the layout of rooms with me and knew just where I wanted to be and pointed that out to her. She kind of makes a face, uh-oh – are we on the villas side? But she then says lets see what we can do. Well 20 minutes later she goes, I found one – we’ll just have to kick the other people out. I’m guessing this could have happened to us as well since we were not there at the crack of dawn, so I’m not feeling really bad. I think I was only with her about 20 minutes – DH will say is was an hour, but I think he was sleep deprived and could not judge time . Our room is not ready, so off we go to the outlet malls. I wanted to hit the Disney outlet before Mickey’s hand was fully back in our pockets. Beware that if you go looking for the Belz outlet, it is now a Prime outlet. Glad you could still see the shadow of Belz or we might not have known where we were. Didn’t find as much good stuff as we did last time, but still managed to get a number of things for myself and family. We hit a couple more stores and then head back. It’s 2:50 and I call – nope room is not ready. Fine, ten minutes later I call back – room is ready. Room 5010. UH OH – I couldn’t remember how many floors were at the WL and I knew the one right below Club Level was Smoking Optional. Not something I wanted to deal with having just gone through some things with my lungs. DH is somewhat laughing at me as he could tell I was nervous and just wanted to get back to the WL to check. PHEW – no need to worry, as soon as we got in the elevator I knew we were ok – we were on 5, which meant 6 was the smoking optional floor and I was safe.

Well we finally find our room – definitely a walk from the front of the lodge, but here’s what we came upon

Yeah – what a great surprise. Upon entering the room we also found this:

More yeah – we have had pixie dust sprinkled already. And what’s this I see outside our room?

My time was well spent. While we were about one room too far over for a perfect view of the castle, I could see the top spire, monorail and the Mainstreet Train Station. We also discovered that we could see the fireworks at night. More yeah for us! DH liked it cause we could also see Bay Lake.

Dinner that night was at the Concourse Steakhouse. I’ve got everything posted in Dining Reviews, so I won’t bore you with that. Let’s just say free glow cubes for our anniversary!

It takes so little to make me happy. Food was good, service was great, and I have nothing to complain about. People have to remember that you go to the Concourse Steakhouse for the atmosphere, not the food really – but I like it anyway. There were a bunch of people sitting around waiting for tables, and I thought we might be for one of those long waits I’d heard about. NOPE – 5 minutes later we are sitting down and others are still waiting…I’m guessing bigger parties or walk-ups? Overall a good dinner and our first experience with the dining plan.

Back to the Lodge for a good nights sleep so we can get up bright and early for Epcot.

Up next….I see a pattern of lateness!

Last edited by TyRy; 10-21-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
Yzma and Kronk
I survived the Pie-fest
I broke my spleen and yaked up a lung.....and I was driving!
Not done the "other" thing yet...

TyRy - very good read!

I'm really enjoying your TR.

Quote:
I’m still trying to figure out how I got DH to agree to go back so quickly…yes, unfortunately going back in under two years was quick for us. If anyone has any tips to change that, please feel free to PM me
I have one of those DH's too. Every 5 years is minimum for him. Except when I convinced him we should buy annual passes.

Let me know if you get any good tips!

Love the pics too.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #7
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDISer
That was some scary reading to see if you encountered the tornado's. I think I would have just gone over to the Wilderness Lodge to see if my room was ready. But then again, you guys were probably exhausted from driving.
McDiser - we did think about that for a second, but then again, I didn't think our room would be ready and at that point I just wanted a pillow for a while!
Old 10-24-2006, 02:02 PM   #8
mikayla73
DIS Veteran

Had some of the love bugs started clearing out by the time you were getting ready to end your vacation?

We are thinking of going next year around the same time, and I know each year can be different for the bugs, but was just wondering. Great trippie so far!
Old 10-25-2006, 05:44 AM   #9
luciloo
Mouseketeer

Great Report, can't wait to read more
May/June 2008 - Spring Hill Villa, Spring Hill, FL
Old 10-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #10
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Thanks to everyone who likes the trip report so far - I've still got a lot of writing to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73
Had some of the love bugs started clearing out by the time you were getting ready to end your vacation?
Mikayla73 - they were getting better by the end of the trip - we arrive 9/23 and left 10/4. Although MGM for some reason was worse than the other parks - they were everywhere there!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:50 AM   #11
TyRy
It is making me nutty

MK Day

Sorry this took so long - I've had friends in from out of town using most of my writing time

Whoo hooo – FINALLY, a full day at the Magic Kingdom. This is my favorite park on the planet and I can’t believe I was actually at the World for three days without spending the WHOLE day here. It was hard enough to wait until last night to get to the MK, but since we didn’t do a whole lot, I was really excited today.

On our last trip with both sets of parents we had an early ADR at the Crystal Palace. It was so cool to be in a basically empty park (before it opened) that I knew we had to do it again. Plus DH never made it last time because he was “sick”…he usually gets one of those a trip and it usually revolves around the MK day Unless he was bleeding from every opening he was going to be dragged to the park this time if he was “sick.”

We had an 8:10 ADR, and I figured we should leave about 7:30, even though we were driving over, we still had to actually park and get to the MK. I think you may have figured out when at WDW I need zero sleep and DH still thinks it’s a vacation where he can get lots of sleep – ha! How wrong he is!!!!! So needless to say we were late for our ADR and I was getting aggravated on my very happy MK day …..we were getting to be so late that I was afraid they would not hold our ADR. We FINALLY got to the CP about 8:30 and they were nice enough to still have our table. We did have to wait about 10 minutes, but fine, I was getting in and having my breakfast. Although it did kind of ruin my we’ll get out of there before the park opens and be able to take pics in front of the castle with no one else around. I think DH thinks we have enough pictures of the castle…GASP – I know, how can you ever have too many pictures of the castle – unless it was the pink birthday cake – sorry I hated that!

Oops – off on a castle tangent – ok back to the story. So now that we have basically run into the MK and to the CP I’m melting already and it’s only 8:30 in the morning – not a good sign for the rest of the day. Well after the wait we are brought in and what do we see but:

Yep they had decorated our table for our anniversary. That started to get me definitely less crabby. Food was yummy as usual, but part way through my first pass, I was not feeling well – could I now be sick on the MK day? Nope – not happening – I’m convinced that the sight of the castle can cure all so I just needed to get outside. But before the characters made it around to us we had another surprise - – a cupcake with 15 candles and a certificate for our special day.

Characters then made their way around and took pics with both of us. We also had cute reactions when they saw the cupcake and certificate

DH swears that I leapt out of my chair (so much for not feeling well) and practically jumped into Eeyore’s arms/paws. Hey – he was my fave when I was little.

It was after nine when we left so the park was already opened. We made a beeline for Space Mountain as I know that gets filled fast. Here’s where we got our first magic of the day – the CM at the entrance saw my certificate and opened up the FP rope so we could go right up. Turns out it was still pretty empty and we probably wouldn’t have waited long anyway, buy it was still a nice gesture.

After Space, DH decides he wants to ride the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Don’t let the lines fool you – there was barely one and I think we waited close to 40 minutes – and for some reason it was hot…sweaty icky hot while waiting in line. Something we did not experience any where else. When we got on there was only one track open so we couldn’t race.

By the time we got off the ride two tracks were open, but I told DH he could wait by himself as the line was twice as long. He wisely decided to join me in other parts of the park.

Because the park was pretty empty we were able to ride all the favorites and do a few new things. Riding the Liberty Bell, riding the Carousel, going into Mickey’s Toontown Fair and exploring, were just a couple of thing we had never done before, but did this trip.

The only attraction we had to pull a FP for was Jungle Cruise as the return time for that was 30 min away and it said the line was 35 min. Even Pirates was a complete walk-on. Oh – we also did Haunted Mansion twice in a row….we had to exit, but ran back around again and walked right in and on.

That afternoon we had the only rain of our trip. Except that until we left we never actually saw it rain. We would go inside something, come out and see puddles – that means it must have rained. This happened a few times. We did wrap up around 6ish to head back to the hotel to shower and change for dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. While waiting for the monorail we now saw the rain. Bummer too as we asked to ride in the front car – something else we had never done.

It was one of those quick downpours though so by the time we were off the monorail and headed to the car it was just misting. Hmmmm – when we arrived at the WL, we saw this:

Seems the rain brings out the snails – I always though snails needed water, but these were all living in the front of the WL.

We made such good time back to the WL that we had enough time to stop in at the Territory Lounge and have a drink…I did not have a bad one while there. I posted our pics on the drinks thread if anyone wants to see.

We actually made it to the YS for our 8pm ADR on time – miracle of miracles. We were on the dining plan and I’d have to say service was really pretty good. The food was also pretty yummy. I put the full review on my dining reviews report as to not bore anyone here.

Back to the WL full of food and wine and it’s up early to go to the park offsite – OFFSITE – I can hear the gasps - the one they call Universal. Or at least that was the plan……….
Old 11-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #12
TyRy
It is making me nutty

Chapter 7 - Ummm wasn't today Universal?

This was supposed to be the day we actually left Disney property (GASP!) and head to that other theme park down the road Universal Studios. Yes we were going to spend some of Mickey’s money elsewhere. DH has very fond memories of the original park from our first trip together to Florida, so he really wanted to go back. OK, fine – the planner in me now has to figure out all about Universal. Hey look – on their web site you can buy a front of the line pass for the big attractions (even though most are from 80’s movies), but I like skipping to the head of the line. So I pay my 30 bucks total – one of the best bargains of the trip – and get my passes electronically before we leave home.

What I did not do was buy the actual tickets – that was my BIG mistake. I figured I’d just buy them in Florida and again get them online. So I’m up early and enjoy a meal on my balcony of pancakes from Roaring Forks, while trying to figure out how to make that big piece of Ivy or something fall off the tree so I will also have a great view of the castle . DH slept in that day until about 10ish, so after he is up – I go online to buy the tickets. I’ll just use the pick up at the park option that the FOTL passes had. Nope - it turns out you had to print the tickets – no electronic pick-up – ARGGHHH Why can I electronically get my passes but not my tickets????? There is no where to print at the WL and I certainly didn’t bring a printer with. I already had the FOTL passes for this day so we were going. Time is tick tick ticking away and it’s now 11:30 since we are playing the blame game of told you to get them earlier – which gets us exactly no where - and we still have to print tickets. So we call the CR resort and find out we can use the services in the convention part of the hall. Cool – we can still print. Except that by the time we do print them it’s now about 12:30 and DH has decided he needs more than 4 hours in the park so we are not going! I tell him that’s more than enough but he disagrees – don’t worry we’ll just see who was right later in the trip!. Oh well, glad those FOTL passes were dirt cheap since we will now not be using them.

Instead we stay safely on Disney property and now have ½ a free day ahead of us. Well since it looks like we’ll be going over the weekend to that other park, might as well head to DTD to check things out. Yes it was again time to fight with Mickey’s hand yet again – and once again, he won! We head directly to the Christmas store – do not pass go, do not give anyone but Mickey your money! I should preface this that if you’ve ever seen National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – that’s what our house looks like at Christmas time – very easy to see from blocks away. And I only have two floors, but yet own two Christmas trees and both a small and large Christmas village.

So into the store we go…hey look, it’s a Christmas Village piece with Donald – DH’s favorite.

So I drop the hint that he should buy it for the Disney part of the village and I think I was once again ignored…unless it shows up soon!

After spending way tooo much and getting a bunch of things, we head to the Lego store…DH has promised to check on something for a co-worker. We take the traditional pics outside

DH is hungry but I’m not so we head over to Earl of Sandwich where we use one of our CS meals that Disney has so nicely given us during the free dining. I did not want to eat much since we are eating at the much loved LeCellier or the much hated LeCellier depending on how you feel.

After Mickey’s hands actually got a little tired of my money (yeah right!) we still had some time to kill. So DH, without any prompting (well at that moment at least) decides we should drive around and look at SSR and OKW – WHAT! We are actually going to even look at the buildings – I started looking around for the hidden camera, cause I thought there was no way he was serious. I’ve tried for years to convince him to buy DVC and he keeps saying “We have too many other places to go and I like staying at the different hotels when we do go to Disney” Once again I have to ask myself if he knew who he was marrying!!!

Well, we drove through SSR and just looked at the buildings, and I’m sorry to all the SSR peeps about to read this but it did absolutely nothing for him. And I have to admit it didn’t do all that much for me either. Next it was on to OKW. This proved his point that he actually does sometimes listen when I go on a Disney tangent cause he remembered me saying that this would be the cheapest to buy resale of the WDW properties and one of the lowest dues. WOW – I was in shock. Maybe I should try one of those subliminal techniques of a tape recorder under his pillow at night just saying over and over “Buy DVC, go back to WDW very very soon, you do not need to go anywhere else!"

This was the first time we’d drive around OKW even though we’d always pass it when staying at the POFQ the last few trips. I got out and checked out the check-in area and pools.

Not bad. I get back in the car and DH agrees that it is nice, BUT that he would want to buy at BW or BC. HUH?! Are we about to have a discussion about buying DVC??!!! Yeah right – I then get the same thing as above about going other places…blah blah blah…sorry tuned him out and pouted at this point. I think many of you know how I feel!

So back to the WL to relax just a little and head over to Epcot for dinner. We head over for our 7:10 dinner around 6ish. Plenty of time for our ADR and for us not to have to run like crazy people to get there. It must be SLOW season as there were no ticket windows open, only Guest Relations so we headed over there. We had to trade in CM tickets (my boss used to work for ESPN) and there was actually a decent line. But no problem, as we still had plenty of time to get to our ADR. So we waited and waited and waited and waited at Guest Relations – this was the LONGEST wait of the trip!!! We waited so long I started to think that we really thought we might miss our ADR time and that was NOT going to happen. OH – and some of the conversations we overheard while waiting for the seasons to change were” What do you mean I need a ticket to dine at the restaurants” and my other favorite – “FW is only open 10 more minutes – I don’t understand that!!!” Now I know I am a truly obsessive planner, but please people – at least GLANCE at the hours posted everywhere! Thankfully I had fibbed a wee bit to my always running late DH and we still had time to get to LeCellier – although we were somewhat sprinting through the park, just what I did not want to do. Oh well, maybe with all the sweating I’m dropping all the weight the plan is putting on.

We actually really enjoyed dinner and now fall on the half that loved LeCellier. We had no wait to be seated and everything came out yummy and timed well.

Since we had already seen Illuminations, we headed back to the hotel instead of sticking around. Of course we had to try and find ourselves in the Leave a Legacy Tiles and I finally ended up asking where we were…now we know (but we say that every time we visit ourselves at the World.)

This must be a picture of where we are, because on closer inspection, our picture is not in the picture!

Tomorrow - it’s MGM and my first time on TOT – which I’m still trying to get out of!!!!!

Last edited by TyRy; 03-09-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #13
mlill
Tagless since 2000!
Tagless, but not forgotten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy
So DH, without any prompting (well at that moment at least) decides we should drive around and look at SSR and OKW – WHAT! We are actually going to even look at the buildings – I started looking around for the hidden camera, cause I thought there was no way he was serious. I’ve tried for years to convince him to buy DVC and he keeps saying “We have too many other places to go and I like staying at the different hotels when we do go to Disney” Once again I have to ask myself if he knew who he was marrying!!!

Well, we drove through SSR and just looked at the buildings, and I’m sorry to all the SSR peeps about to read this but it did absolutely nothing for him. And I have to admit it didn’t do all that much for me either. Next it was on to OKW. This proved his point that he actually does sometimes listen when I go on a Disney tangent cause he remembered me saying that this would be the cheapest to buy resale of the WDW properties and one of the lowest dues. WOW – I was in shock. Maybe I should try one of those subliminal techniques of a tape recorder under his pillow at night just saying over and over “Buy DVC, go back to WDW very very soon, you do not need to go anywhere else!"

This was the first time we’d drive around OKW even though we’d always pass it when staying at the POFQ the last few trips. I got out and checked out the check-in area and pools. Not bad. I get back in the car and DH agrees that it is nice, BUT that he would want to buy at BW or BC. HUH?! Are we about to have a discussion about buying DVC??!!! Yeah right – I then get the same thing as above about going other places…blah blah blah…sorry tuned him out and pouted at this point. I think many of you know how I feel!

Mark my words, it's only a matter of time! Once they (DH) cross over, there's no turning back. I hope your DH sees 'the light' and buys you a nice, big DVC contract! BWV is a good choice! Love the TR!

-Michelle
Old 03-08-2007, 09:06 PM   #14
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Post Mickey’s Hand is in my Pocket!

OK, my turn.

-DH

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."
Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #15
312.Duck
pro-Duck

Arrow Mickey’s Hand was in DH's Pocket! | DH's defense :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
DH (38) - Not obsessed and tired of hearing about all things Disney. Thinks WDW should be a relaxing vacation
hahahaha...see, I can understand trying to fit a large agenda into a small trip, but you end up seeing less!
DH says < "Take your time...walk slowly, soak it all in . . . revel in the magic!"

Quote:
I’m a planner – I’ll admit it upfront. Hello, my name is Ty and I’m an obsessive compulsive WDW planner.
AND thank god for that! If it were up to me, we'd be sleeping in a rental car, pay gate price for tickets, and have no rezzies.
But I have to wonder: is it possible that some, like TyRy, may just love planning as much as than being there? OK, that sounds CRAZY, I know...but, the anticipation seems almost as great! Thankfully it ALWAYS exceeds our expectations, or she'd have wasted a LOT of time lol...

Quote:
at 30 days and 14 days, DH FINALLY looks at what I’ve been e-mailing him for SIX months and says where is this restaurant or where is this? WHAT???
err...for the record, I still have 47 of those emails regarding this trip to read.
(shhh...I told her I read them all. I had about 250 going back over a year, got down to about 75 before the trip, and read 28 our first night there)

Now, If I read something from any of those remaining 47 emails and find we didn't cover it the way I would have wanted, I'm gonna be mad!
Then she'll say, "OK, WELL THAT MEANS WE HAVE TO GO BACK! YAY! TIME TO PLAN ANOTHER TRIP!"

Quote:
OK – it’s now the Tuesday before we leave, and DH decides: a) we should be flying Then b) we’ll drive straight thru as he does not want to leave on Thursday night. OK – HOLD ON! We’ve had plans for months and now they are all going out the window
DH's DEFENSE:
a) My work schedule is tight, and job security was getting very stressful last October. I can't just leave work and "relax" behind the wheel for a nice l o n g journey south. Our original plan had me leaving work, and driving all night right off the bat! No way! I need to unwind...Sooooo,
b) I figured we'd drive through so we wouldn't lose a day at the parks, and we'd miss Atlanta traffic as we'd be passing thru at night.
Good plan in theory, bad plan if you start off with 4 bad hours of sleep!!!

MORE TO COME . . .

Click here to see TyRy's Dis binder growth over time...
< "Miss you, mom."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: