Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #1
PlutoPony
DIS Veteran

US Canyons ??

Wondering about the weather for the US Canyons trip. Being that this takes place in the desert southwest, just how uncomfortable would this trip be in the summer? IMHO this would be a great one for spring break but alas it's only offered beginning in late May . Anyone toured this area in the summer and can give me some feedback on how enjoyable it was? I believe this is new for 2007 (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

TIA!
Beth
PlutoPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
idofabric
"How do I...?"

I lived several years in the desert in S.Cal, about 20 min from Death Valley. And I have visited the US Southwest area many times during all times of the year... It has been a few years now, but I do remember that May is quite nice. It can get warm, but is not brutal, and there is is a good chance of some wildflowers then. Also I have been to Death Valley in late April and it SNOWED then! OK, that was a freak of nature that year, but we did get snow in early April in the Mojave desert 2 years.
I also think that Disney has done a lot of homework on these trips. And if you are really unsure of the weather conditions then you can google the temps for several areas with high/low temp history. I bet Disney did that to plan the timing of the trip... it is what I do when I go any where!
Other Disney trips... well, the kids got to go... But I own the timeshare and buy the tickets!
idofabric is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
TravelinGal
DIS Veteran

No personal experience, but Weather Underground can tell you the historical weather for the past 10 years. Just enter a city and the dates you're interested in and you will get everything you could ever want.

http://www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp

TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:57 AM   #4
Fionasmommy
DIS Veteran
I don't know about you, but I'm not too proud to beg!

I'm not sure where the canyons trip is, but we've camped in Monument Valley (Arizona) in July and it really wasn't too bad. The Grand Canyon is a bit cooler due to the elevation. Personally I think the Arizona/Utah/Colorado canyons are wonderful in the summer.

3/14: All Star Sports • 10/13: Coronado Springs • 6/11: Port Orleans French Quarter • 4/10: Polynesian • 1/09: All Star Movies • 12/07: Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom split-stay • 7/07:Wilderness Lodge • 10/06: Caribbean Beach • 5/06: Port Orleans French Quarter
Fionasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: