Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2006, 12:56 AM   #1
addidisney
Earning My Ears

Question Adventures by Disney Vacation packages??

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced "Adventures by Disney" vacations??? How is it, is it worth the money??? Also, what is exactly included in the packages??? Any input would greatly be apprecitaed!!!

I am planning to book a vacation for Dec. 2007 for London/Paris trip!!!

thanks!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
momx2
DIS Veteran

I would love to know also. So, I'll give this a bump.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
mommyintn
DIS Veteran

I've not been one yet but I do have the planning DVD and the brochure and it looks awesome. While the parents do one thing they'll have something equally fun and exciting to do for the kids, example in Italy when parents do wine tastings the kids are doing gelato tasting. Here's the itinerary on their website for the London/Paris trip might give you more detail http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/d...risLandingPage

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
Walt Disney
mommyintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:15 PM   #4
fey_spirit
DIS Veteran

Hmm I wonder if those who don't drink for whatever reason would be allowed to do the Gelato tasting instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyintn
I've not been one yet but I do have the planning DVD and the brochure and it looks awesome. While the parents do one thing they'll have something equally fun and exciting to do for the kids, example in Italy when parents do wine tastings the kids are doing gelato tasting. Here's the itinerary on their website for the London/Paris trip might give you more detail http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/d...risLandingPage
fey_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #5
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

It's funny you should ask that question.

I do not drink and asked the same question.

We were offered the opportunity to join the gelato tasting or have some additional free time to wander around the city of Siena. The wine /gelato tasting were the last scheduled event before we were to have a few unscheduled hours.

We chose to do some shopping and bought some beautiful pottery (which we shipped home) and sit in piazza and have a pizza and watch the people.

It was a beautiful afternoon and we watched the moon rise over the city.

Kevin
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
Lizardbeth61
Are all these berries edible?

Viva Italia was GREAT!

Can't say enough about it and on the DVC board, they're waiting for a trip report. Will post it here when I get caught up.

However, does that fact that we're planning on doing the Wyoming Adventure with our kids (10 & 13) this summer and London/Pairs with just DH this fall tell you anything? I'd be afraid to try another tour company after such a fabulous experience with ABD! I don't think any could compare! It was practically perfect in every possbile way!
Lizardbeth61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:45 PM   #7
Beth76
DIS Veteran

I just saw a link for these here yesterday. They look really neat! Hopefully someone who's been will see this.
Beth76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
Magix
Blackhearted Pirate
Indeed, I have paid far too high a price fer such a silly trinket, but it were me desp'rate desire te have one

I went on the London/Paris trip this May. It was absolutely fantastic!! Lots of little Disney-style surprises throughout the trip. The hotel accomodations were wonderful (although I understand the Paris hotel will be changing for the 2007 trips, though I assume it will be an even better place). Looking at the 07 itinerary, there are some changes to the trip, but I think it will still be extremely worthwhile. I was a little surprised to read that the Eiffel Tower visit will now be for lunch, instead of dinner and that no visit to Montmarte will be included. Montmarte was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Oh well, I recommend making the visit during your free time.

You will really get a great feel for both cities and will see and experience all of the major landmarks. You will have local guides who are extremely knowledgable about their city and its history. Meals are lovely and you'll experience some very top-of-the-line restaurants. There were only 3 kids on my trip, but they all seemed to have a terrific time and all activities were great for both adults and kids. You can really share the time together and enjoy the cities in ways that will allow everyone to get the best out of the experience.

I really enjoyed the special activities that I would not otherwise have gone through the time or expense to do on my own. As an example, after visiting the inside of Notre Dame, we were given the opportunity to go up to the top of the bell towers to see the views of the city (and the gargoyles!).

Just a great, great trip!! Well worth the price! I'm heading off on one of the new 2007 trips to "La Costa Bella" (Italy - Rome & the Amalfi Coast) next May with some friends I made on the last trip! That's the thing... everyone comes out of the trip feeling like family. I actually cried the final evening, as we all said farewell. The Adventure Guides were so wonderful and made every little thing so special. I still can't believe I went on the trip (it was my first time overseas). What an amazing experience. I wouldn't want to travel with anyone but Disney!

Highly recommended!!!
1/7-21/2009: Walt Disney World/WL & CB - Circle of Life 5K, plus Universal and Busch Gardens
2/28-3/4/2008: Walt Disney World/AKL - First Visit Ever!!
5/13-19/2007: Adventures by Disney - Roma & La Costa Bella
5/18-28/2006: Adventures by Disney - Land of Eternal Knights, London & Paris plus Disneyland Paris
My motorsport photography site: http://www.cheryljonesphoto.com.
Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
bekkiz
DIS Veteran

I really want to go on the Costa Rica trip! Unfortunatly, we're going to have to wait a while to raise the funds (got a Disney trip this Dec and then no more says hubs ), but the Costa Rica trip is one of the more affordable. I don't know what airfare would be like.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:18 PM   #10
Magix
Blackhearted Pirate
Indeed, I have paid far too high a price fer such a silly trinket, but it were me desp'rate desire te have one

The girls I'll be going to Italy with have also done the Costa Rica trip. They said it was the best ever. Their exact quote was "You HAVE to go!!!" I probably won't ever make it to that one, but it surely sounded great from their description and photos. They loved it!!
1/7-21/2009: Walt Disney World/WL & CB - Circle of Life 5K, plus Universal and Busch Gardens
2/28-3/4/2008: Walt Disney World/AKL - First Visit Ever!!
5/13-19/2007: Adventures by Disney - Roma & La Costa Bella
5/18-28/2006: Adventures by Disney - Land of Eternal Knights, London & Paris plus Disneyland Paris
My motorsport photography site: http://www.cheryljonesphoto.com.
Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:04 PM   #11
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Hi there,

Just recently returned form the Viiva Italia trip with ABD. It was AWESOME!!!!

Cant say enough great things about it. It was worth every penny.

If you'd like information regarding itinerary details, frequently asked question for all 2007 trips or to price a trip of your own, you can follow this link:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/abd/

It will take you to the Dreams Unlimited Travel website dedicated to ABD.

If you'd like help planning your trip, you reach me at ABD@wdwinfo.com.

If you'd like to see photos of our recet trip to Italy, you can follow this link:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/pictures.htm

The photos are divided by city.

This is the trip of a lifetime. We had so much fun and meeting new people was one of the highlights.

I'd love to help you plan your ABD trip.

Thanks
Kevin
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #12
AuntieM03
Of course I hope he is happy and successful, blah, blah, blah
Likes a mix of the old and new
I still got some bad in me

WDW4life and I are planning on taking the Spirit of America adventure in 2008 to celebrate turning 40. I am really looking forward to it.
AuntieM03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: