Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2006, 11:00 AM   #1
OXX
Earning My Ears

Any tricky CP interview questions?

Tried searching but didn't turn up much.

Anyways, just wondering if there are any specific/tricky questions that CP interviewers usually ask? Haven't exactly been through many job interviews at all, but I understand most of the standard questions. Any Disney/CP specific to be prepared for? LMK. Thanks.

OXX
OXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
KimAJ
Experienced CP

naw, they're really pretty typical.

*Magic Kingdom Deployment, Spring 07
*Hilton Head Island, Hospitality, Summer 05
*Epcot Vacation Planner, Spring 03
*Fantasyland Operations, Spring 02
*San Francisco State University Campus Rep

KimAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2006, 05:29 PM   #3
Darth Sidious
Dark Lord of the Sith

i have read here that they ask you a space moutain question and if i am correct it goes something like this, "if a guest wants to go on space moutain but he is too short what do you do?" i don't know the answer because i did not get asked this
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #4
KimAJ
Experienced CP

I never got that one but I would apologize, explain why it was unsafe and make some height-appropriate suggestions.

*Magic Kingdom Deployment, Spring 07
*Hilton Head Island, Hospitality, Summer 05
*Epcot Vacation Planner, Spring 03
*Fantasyland Operations, Spring 02
*San Francisco State University Campus Rep

KimAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
Aurorajade16
Earning My Ears

the specific CP questions relate to the role you decide to choose. so once you pick your first choice role, think about some probs that could arise and think about how you would deal with it.

Spring Quarter Program 2008 Season
Merchandise
Aurorajade16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
Princess Jayne
DIS Veteran

I've put character attendant - what kind of probs could arise there?! like having to close lines n stuff? and questions about why mickey etc dont talk??
xxx

July 06 - WDW Offsite
July 07 - WDW Offsite
Dec 07 - DLRP Sequioa Lodge
Summer 08 - WDW International College Program!!!
April 09 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 21st Birthday Trip!!!
October 2011 - Disney Halloween at the Cheyenne

January 2012 - Disneyland Paris at the Cheyenne!
Princess Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 AM   #7
Haphazard Hero
A Boy and his Harp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious View Post
i have read here that they ask you a space moutain question and if i am correct it goes something like this, "if a guest wants to go on space moutain but he is too short what do you do?" i don't know the answer because i did not get asked this
I got that one. My answer was something like "I'd politely tell him that he is not tall enough for this attraction and to enjoy one of our other great rides"

I didn't get put in attractions.
Haphazard Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #8
Eeyores Butterfly

BL6 Blue Team Co-captain
I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse
I went "wow, that hurt"

Nobody can tell you what to say on a specific question. I am a 3x CP, and a Campus Rep. I always tell my students to be genuine and professional, and they'll do fine.

The other piece of advice: do your Disney research ahead of time. There is a good chance they will want to know about your favorite movie or character. Make sure that whatever you say is Disney. Balto/Anastasia/Fern Gully are not Disney. Being animated does not make it Disney! Believe me, I wouldn't be saying this if I hadn't seen it in action.

The other thing is that if you go to a presentation, be professional. The recruiter and reps will be assessing you. Do not sleep through the presentation (have seen this happen). Be aware that if you have a criminal record, it will work against you (have seen this happen.) Dress professionally, and realize if you have visible tattoos or piercings, you will be asked about yoru ability to conceal or remove them. Do not talk to your neighbor during the presentation. Believe it or not, we are watching you and assessing you.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
bmt2789
Earning My Ears

I plan on trying to work there next summer. It would be amazing if I get accepted.
bmt2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #10
Chilling Donald
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I think you explain to the child that they may not be able to ride and you suggegst something else and if you have them, give them some stickers.
Chilling Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
graygables
Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K Picante Sauce thing
I ran away to London (as in England) when I was 17. We lived in Tulsa (as in Oklahoma) at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilling Donald View Post
I think you explain to the child that they may not be able to ride and you suggegst something else and if you have them, give them some stickers.
Even though I won't be applying for attractions, I had a dream the other night that I was asked this question and I told the child he could ride on the TTA and at least get to see the inside of Space Mtn, then I gave him a little certificate that said he was an honorary pilot of Space Mtn and could come back when he was tall enough and use the FP line. It was the strangest thing and the interviewer (in my dream) said it was a great response. (do they even have certificates, or did I make that part up??? )
graygables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
marypatsy
Earning My Ears

Yes, there is....Funny enough you knew that in your dreams. And that would be the correct answer I would think.
Dec-Jan 07-08 (POP) March 07 (Riverside)
Sept 06-MNSSHP(Boardwalk) Dec-Jan 05-06 (CBR)
marypatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #13
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Quote:
Yeah i've heard that that one gets asked alot. I have my phone interview friday so I am thinking alot about my phone interview so naturally I've been thinking about these questions alot. Does anyone know if they still have the astronauts in training certificates that one can give to a person too short to ride. That would factor into my answer so I want to make sure they still do that since i haven't been with anyone that was too short to ride in a while.
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #14
rangers148816
Earning My Ears

Just finished my phone interview and I had a question that caught me off guard but was able to handle it:

What would you do if you were helping a guest who didn't speak the same language as you?

Wasn't expecting that one at all. Other then that most of the other questions in here were asked. Helping a customer and the phone rings, how would you tell a guest that Mickey couldn't see him and was leaving, How would you make a guests magical if you were the first person to talk to them after they entered the park, Emergency situation how do you remain calm.

So I wanted to thank everybody here for the wonderful thread and now the waiting game beings! *Fingers Crossed*
rangers148816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
darthspielberg
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers148816 View Post
What would you do if you were helping a guest who didn't speak the same language as you?

Wasn't expecting that one at all.
I got this one as well, and had to take a moment. i admitted that it may not be the correct response, but that I'd try to understand non verbally what their needs were, and then retrieve someone who could speak their language to continue their assistance.
darthspielberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: