Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
discruiselovers97
Mouseketeer

Great unknown tips or secrets!

Do you have any tips about things to help you on your cruise to get around the boat or just any tips? I know that this would have helped me if i was knew to a disney cruise ship or something so thought i might make this thread! You might just learn some secret you never would have known! I guess i will start!

Did you know that when you get out of the water and have to walk through the sand and hate all that sand stuck to your feet all you have to do is once out of the sand put baby powder on them and the sand just comes right off!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:51 AM   #2
Mickee
Mouseketeer

If you or your child are not feeling well, and are stuck/confined to the room for the day and you do not like what is playing on the schedule, request a VCR and a list of movies and they will come hook it up for you and bring the movies.
CBR: 05/04 10 Days
DCL Wonder 2/2005
DCL Double Dip CC Magic 9/2006
CSR 2/09 10 Days
CCL 4/10
Mickee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
CastleCreations
Would take a cruise just to see Brent...
I will have to buy that tag fairy a mini sewing machine and teach her a thing or two...
Had some trouble turning under the perfect bun

In the rooms with a veranda, you can turn off the lights on the veranda. The switch is behind the curtains near the door on the right side. I found this on our last day...
Elisa
CastleCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #4
GavinsMom
Disney Wonder here we come!

I LOVE this Thread!!! Sorry I can't think of any good tips right now.
Maybe if I bump this up to the top others will share some more GREAT TIPS!

Thanks for sharing everyone~

Going on our 3rd Disney Wonder Cruise Feb 1st - Feb 5th!
GavinsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
Jen76b
Mouseketeer

Great idea for a thread! I don't have any tips to add at the moment but would love to hear more.
Aug 2007 3 days @ Poly & 4 days on the Wonder
Dec 2008 -offsite ; Nov 2011- offsite
Oct 2012- PO-Riverside; Nov 2014- Fantasy
Jen76b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:22 PM   #6
discruiselovers97
Mouseketeer

tip-if you are a room close to the midship elevators chances are you are going to have a lot of people walk by there so if you have a decorated door it really makes people just in a better mood!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Disneynut1958
Earning My Ears

Jen.......when are you staying at Riverside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen76b View Post
Great idea for a thread! I don't have any tips to add at the moment but would love to hear more.

My hubby and I will be there for 5 days starting he 9th of October. Then we leave on the DREAM on the 14th.
Disneynut1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
flowers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleCreations View Post
In the rooms with a veranda, you can turn off the lights on the veranda. The switch is behind the curtains near the door on the right side. I found this on our last day...
Elisa
lol someone was complaining on another thread about folks who dont turn out their "porch" light and it shines and annoys them on their balcony.

Good tip.
flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
plutojudy
Needs sunshine and seas.

Quote:
Elisa
I wish more people knew this. The stars look so much brighter when the verandah lights are off.

Cruise # 13 - Magic - February 22, 2015
Cruise # 14 - Fantasy - February 13, 2016 - Tortola

Disney Wonder - 2000 Nassau, 2001 Nassau, Freeport, 2011 Alaska: Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan
Disney Magic - 2002 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John 2003 Western Mystery cruise, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Key West, 2004 Western, Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, 2007 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, 2009 Eastern, St Croix, St Thomas 2010 Eastern, St Martin, St Thomas, St John
Disney Dream -2012 Nassau
Disney Fantasy - 2013 Eastern, St Thomas, San Juan 2014 Western, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica
Disneyland Hotel, Fort Wilderness Home, Yacht and Beach Club, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, All Star Movie, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, All Star Music, Art of Animation
plutojudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
stina
Maximum Magic Maker

Things I have learned from my first cruise:

1. PACK LESS!

2. Pack a small suitcase or duffle bag you can check during the return trip for all those extra souvenEARS.

3. Use the Mickey Mouse wake up call, it's adorable! I think it says something like "Big doins going on today!" which I think is very funny.

4. Decorate your door, not only is it fun, but it will make it a lot easier for you to spot your room in those long corridors of identical doors.

5. Ladies: bring a small bag/purse/clutch for use around the ship. My regular sized purse was too much and looked odd on formal night. A small camera case with extra pockets for cash/room card can also double for a purse.

6. The new Band-Aid blister healer bandages are great, they really work!

7. Bring air freshener: If you have an inside room this is great. We got an apple scented one (tiny spray bottle) from the White Barn Candle Co. (Bath & Body Works) and our room always smelled great, so warm and welcoming!

8. If you miss the shopping seminar, you can watch it on TV.

9. There are Disney music stations on the TV (much like WDW), they make GREAT mood music for the room. Disney Muzak always makes me feel like I am truly on vacation!

10. Thank your servers and stateroom hosts. They work very hard to keep you happy. And after having recently read the multiple part series "A DCL cast member in training" on AllEars.net I will now think to ask my friendly CMs if they need anything while I am at port because many times they can't get off the ship to restock on personal necessities. What a bummer that must be.

Happy cruising everyone!
Annual Passholders 2009! • Disney Magic Jan 17-24, 2009 • First time annual passholders (2008) - woohoo!!! • Disney Magic (2007) • Christmas Around the World (2006) • Animal Kingdom Lodge (2006) • Disney Magic (2005 - Self Party Posse!) • Animal Kingdom Lodge (2004) • Caribbean Beach Resort (2003) • Off Site (1994) • Contemporary (1987) • Contemporary & Polynesian (1981)

Last edited by stina; 07-06-2007 at 03:28 PM.
stina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #11
Dopey & Grumpy
Empty Nesters enjoying WDW - just the two of us
Thank goodness for the mute button!
We still love WDW but we love DL too

Quote:
Elisa
This is a great tip. This will be our first veranda room and I wouldn't have known that. Thanks so much

Dopey & Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #12
RichieGraciemom
DIS Veteran

just subscribing. going in three and a half weeks feb 15th three day wonder. first time with kids, second time for my husband and I. cant wait, now I am really excited. like the idea about the glow stick for night light.
JOined dvc in 2005 . SSR owners and Now New owners at AKV. have been home so many times since buying our friends want to give us a map of the world to show us that there are other places that exist besides Disney, I tell them no way!!!!!Going to Ssr in Febraury and 10 year anniversary cruise Aug 09 followed by a week at animal kingdom villas.
RichieGraciemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #13
Tinklover25
Waiting For July (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
If you or your child are not feeling well, and are stuck/confined to the room for the day and you do not like what is playing on the schedule, request a VCR and a list of movies and they will come hook it up for you and bring the movies.
Thanks this really helps for my DM who get sea sick sometimes! I'll let her know about this tip!

My Disney Trips:
- 2000- All Star Movies
- 2001- All Star Sports
- 2003- Wildreness Lodge
- 2005- All Star Sports
- 2007- Pop Century
- 2009 Disney & Cruise (:

Tinklover25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #14
Jen76b
Mouseketeer

This really isn't a tip, but just wanted to say.. Don't feel guilty about leaving your kids in the Oceaneers club/lab... they will beg you to go and will not want to leave.

My DS7 had so much fun that he said he wants to go again, but he wants me to leave him in the club longer (he doesn't know we're going next year, but still talks about it all the time).
Aug 2007 3 days @ Poly & 4 days on the Wonder
Dec 2008 -offsite ; Nov 2011- offsite
Oct 2012- PO-Riverside; Nov 2014- Fantasy
Jen76b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #15
stinkerbell_&_Co
Patiently awaiting the next chapter in the book of Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen76b
This really isn't a tip, but just wanted to say.. Don't feel guilty about leaving your kids in the Oceaneers club/lab... they will beg you to go and will not want to leave.

My DS7 had so much fun that he said he wants to go again, but he wants me to leave him in the club longer (he doesn't know we're going next year, but still talks about it all the time).
Thanks...I was actually a bit concerned with that. Hubby and I get so little alone time and we were looking forward to some of it during the evening hours. Then my mommy complexes kick in....LOL!

But I know they'll love it.

stinkerbell_&_Co is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: