Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Talking Dis-ers, dis-ers, everywhere?? Hey, where's Waldo?? The End & Final Thoughts

I'm a little nervous about writing this TR, considering the excellent and witty writing skills of my predecessors; UtahMama, PrincessV, Sorul82?, GMax and other limeys.

Let me start with a little pre-trip info....

I have been planning this trip in my head for the last 5 years. Then during a trip to Las Vegas, the miracle child was conceived after a long bout of infertility. WDW trip gladly on hold until miracle was old enough. Miracle turns 2 and we head to Las Vegas for a family wedding and BOOM, miracle #2 occurs. Whoever said "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" is full of it. I've no plans to return. I don't know what they put in the water there.

Anyway, last year my BIL sends my DD a postcard from their annual WDW pilgrimage and the seed was planted.

January 2006: We decided in plan a trip for this year. We plan for September, not know anything about the Free Dining to be offered later in the year (I cancel current ressie once I find out about it on the boards) DH and talk about inviting my parents to join us. Parents decide to join us. We all then decide to invite DNeph who will be graduating in the coming June. Thinking this will be a great Graduation gift. DNeph doesn't turn 18 until Oct, so we gets the Jr. price... whoo hoo! We are a Disney Family and everyone is ready to rock! We book our trip for 5 nights at the Poly with MYW park hopper tix and free dining... God bless our TA, I made sooo many changes and she just rolled with the punches!

The count down begins: I am a total obsessive compulsive trip planner... hey I'm right at home on these boards! I buy everything in site... I have UPS packages coming everyday. I buy so much "what if" stuff that it has it's own suitcase. I clean out the Dollar Tree of anything remotely needed at WDW. I am banned from Target and Walmart.
We have several milestones through out the year to help the time go by: DS 2nd birthday, Knotts Berry Farm, etc. We continue our weekly/bi-weekly trip to Disneyland to keep the magic going. I make all our ADR's based on the menus from allears and then I change all our ADR's thanks to the recommendations from fellow dis-ers. I make touring plans and download maps and yes, I laminated them. Ok, I said it.... I feel better now. I lurk on these boards and then I find the "focker thread". Sweet mother of God.... I find my people. I started collecting my LGMHPC's from HD... I buy lime green foam board, markers, ribbon... I make "Disness" cards to pass out. Stop the madness??? Never!
September finally arrives.....

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 10-08-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
MomPlanner22
If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!

OK, I'm in. Let's see, that means I am waiting on TR's from Gmax, UMama, ET, PrincessV, TMama (who hasn't even started her report, S'late, Sneezie, Zzub, Mel and now you! Is it any wonder we keep eating take out and my house is a mess but I am up on my Dispeeps?

Great start and looking forward to more!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
cjhinch
Mouseketeer

Oh my, another "Focker Watcher" trip report!! I can't wait! I am going to have to make a spreadsheet to keep track of them all!

First attempt at a PTR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1850788
The "HOW DID I PULL THIS ONE OUT OF MY HAT?" Trip Report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27349670
Old 09-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

What a Fockeriffic intro This is so much fun, reading all the TR's form the same time period and hearing about everyone's different experiences. Can't wait for more!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
Disneyland_Mama

Introducing the cast of Waldo's....

Let me begin the introductions.....

Me: 34 yo Disneyland Mama. Trip planner extraordinaire, Tour guide Barbie, pure limey at hear, Focker to the core. You get the picture. I make everyone take a vow at the airport. Raise your right hand and repeat after me... "I will not whine, cry or complain about 1) the crowds 2) the heat 3) the walking; I will have fun, fun, fun. I will not have a public meltdown and embarrass my family. I will STAY WITH THE GROUP and not WANDER ABOUT."

DH: 36 yo Disneyland Daddy. Not quite the Disneyaholic as I am. Goes with the flow, but does alot of eye rolling. Loves the Disney villians. Figures... We shall call him....Joe. That's simple enough.

DD: 4 yo going on 30. Tinkaholic. Little Miss Attitude. Reminds us that she is an expert of everything. She remember everything I say, and it comes back to haunt me more often than not. We shall call her.... Minnie.

DS: 2 yo. A total terror. He is birth control for any woman. Think you want kids? Come spend some time with this kid. He'll cure you for sure. His badness level is very high. He makes Stitch look like an angel. This kid looks for trouble and usually finds it. But he is very cute and gets away with more than he should. But he's only 2 and still a baby. Can you see the problem?? We shall call him... EhEh... or EE for short. That's what he calls himself, since he can't quite pronounce his name.

DNeph: 17 yo. A total know-it-all. Loves to challenge me on Disney Trivia. I beat him every time. Those days are numbered, though. He's now a CM for Disneyland. God help us. We shall call him... Walt.

My mom: 70 yo. Your typical mother. She's a super duper grandma... sometimes to a fault. She loves Disney, she doesn't understand alot of it, but she loves it. I bought her an annual pass for DLR a few years ago and she got hooked. We shall call her...Nini.

My dad: 71 yo. Oh brother... where do I begin? Dad is a pain in the $%@. God knows I love him, but ....!!! I was warned by my older brother that traveling with dad would be like playing Where's Waldo? constantly. Dad is a wanderer. He goes off by himself or ducks into a store and gets "lost". His hearing is shot, so yelling out his name is useless. I will keep a Where's Waldo count so you can see what I mean. I advise him at the beginning of the trip that we would not spend time looking for him. I told him remember we are at the Poly and if you get separated, then just go back to the hotel. For obvious reasons, we shall call him Waldo.

Now you have the met the characters... I will begin our story...
After I take DD to school...
Thanks to those reading! I really appreciate it!!!

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 09-20-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Love the "Where's Waldo" reference, I haven't seen those books in years.

What is a Jr. rate, I didn't think those existed anymore.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:57 AM   #7
NewOrleansLady
Mouseketeer

More please
Old 09-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
HMHunters
Extra credit to anyone with a picture of one of the Gibb brothers
Can it get any better than that?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama
Whoever said "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" is full of it. I've no plans to return. I don't know what they put in the water there.

Quote:
We head into the lobby where we are leid. No, no people.. I don't want to get leid, I want to be focked!

Quote:
I'm a little nervous about writing this TR, considering the excellent and witty writing skills of my predecessors; UtahMama, PrincessV, Sorul82?, GMax and other limeys.
No worries. You're doing great! (Not to mention posting more frequently than some others who shall not be named!)

WL Jan 2008 POFQ January 2007 Offsite Nov 2005 AKL Christmas 2004 POFQ Nov 2002 CR Christmas 2001 CR Christmas 1998 Offsite honeymoon May 1988
Completed WDW Full Marathon 2008 Completed WDW Half Marathon 2007
Old 09-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #9
jonestavern

Still frighteningly..NAKED!

Super report! Enjoying the pictures

We've subscribed.

Jean & Chris

AKV, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp; BCV, BWV, CBR, CSR, HHI, OKW, POFQ, POP, POR, SSR, WDW Swan; VB, WLV, & offsite
Old 09-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #10
Disneyland_Mama

Drama in the WS and Somebody leash Waldo!

Day 2 Continued:
We arrive back at the Poly, completely melting. I'm sweating from places I had no idea had the ability to sweat. We peel our clothes of and throw on the swimsuits. I think about how gross that is, but I don't care. I'm sure I am swimming in everyone else's sweat water. The more the merrier, I always say.

So, we swim for awhile and decide to head back to our room for a nap. As soon as we make into our longhouse, the heavens open up and drench the joint. Haha! We just made it. We nap, shower and dress for dinner at Epcot. We jump on the Monorail and head on over. Have I mentioned that I love, love, love Epcot? We're early for dinner, so we do a little touring. We enter the Mexico pavillion and whoa! It's like we're in Olvera Street! Familiar territory... we all have a good laugh. It's funny how they portray the Mexican culture. Everything is so loud and gawdy. We ride the Rio del Tiempo. We're 3rd generation Hispanic, and this ride makes us realize how disconnected we are from our culture. We all enjoy the ride and it makes us nostalgic for Grandma's homemade food. Can you just smell the fresh tortillas? If you've never had homemade, handmade tortillas, you're missing out. They are something not to be missed in a lifetime. They melt in your mouth... just like butah!

That's me with the bra strap showing... tacky, huh?
We head over to France, not realizing how dang far it is! We check in for dinner at Le Chefs de France. We are seated immediately. This is not a good sign. Our server, Gaelle was wonderful. She was so attentive and sweet to our kidlets. Props to Gaelle! The food on the other, was less than par. I started with the goat cheese and tomato tart. I'm thinking, tart... smallish, right? Nope, it was a pizza. It had the most bitter tomato sauce and these small rounds of cheese. I just picked off the cheese, yum-o. My main course I had a porkchop that was so tough, I couldn't even eat it. The best part of the meal was dessert. I had these little puffs filled with Chocolate/Cinnamon ice cream. It was to die for. Also, Minnie's kiddie salad came with this cheesy poof thing. That was awesome! Total for dinner: $216.04 Thanks dining plan!
We leave Chefs and we're getting our strollers together, when a group of 3 ladies call to us "Dis-er!" Joe immediately points to me. "She is" he grunts. Thanks alot caveman! They're off before I can say..."Hey, I'm DisneylandMama... and you are....?? So, I grab my camera and take a photo of them walking off. So if this is you in the lime green shirt with black capris and the other 2 in Tink shirts... HI!

We head toward Morocco. Minnie spots Aladdin and must take a photo w/ him, since she was Jasmine last Halloween and he is sans the *real* Jasmine.

We head over to Japan. We love Japan. My SIL is 1/2 Japanese and because of her, we are really familiar with this culture. We shop in the huge gift shop, steering Minnie clear of the Hello Kitty corner. What's up with that? I turn and find.... OMG!!! My beloved toy from my childhood... Monnchichi!! I show Joe the little monkey that made my life complete as a child. I start to sing the song, "Monnchichi, Monnchichi.. oh so soft and cuddly... Joe looks and me, does the eyeroll and walks away. Thanks, alot caveman!

We're ready to leave Japan... oh man, where's Waldo. Oh he's right behind me. Ok, good. Now where's Waldo's wife? Of course, she's buying something we could buy in Little Tokyo in LA for half the price. Whateva'. I'm outta here.

We take a few photos out front and continue 'round the WS.

My very own Monchichi!
We ask Waldo if he wants to see the American Adventure. He says no, I ask "Why, 'cause you can remember it? Joe looks at me and we laugh. Poor Waldo.
We head into Italy... we do the Griswald neck thingy and move on.

Next stop, Germany. Little EE spys the Mini Train display. He's completely enchanted. Trains are his bag, baby. We have to drag EE from the train thingy with the bribery of a toy train. Minnie remembers her Kidcot stuff, so she and I hit that and Joe, EE and Walt are looking around the toy store for a toy train. Ok, hello... Germany? They have a huge train display and now the toy store doesn't have any kind of train toy in it???? What's up with that? Darn you, Germany. Little EE is freaking out. I pick him up and put him in the sleeper hold and he's out in 5. Sleep, my pretty, sleep. We're ready to leave Germany and guess who we can't find? Ding, ding, ding.... you win a prize. WALDO! Oh, Nini says, he went to the bathroom. Ok, which bathroom? Hmmm.... we wait, and wait... Finally we give up and head to China. And who do we see in China.... Waldo. He says he figured we'd figure to move to the next pavillion. Lord give me the strength to not have a full toddler tantrum right now. Breathe in, breathe out. Yoga positions... downward dog...bending tree... namaste. I made that up in case any of you Yogi. We hit Norway and ride Maelstrom. I tell Minnie, I don't think there's a drop. I think it's just about trolls and such. Hello, that ride freaked her out. Sorry, Minnie.
We find a spot for Illuminations just past Mexico. Little EE is asleep and Minnie and I want to do some shopping before IRE starts in 30 mins. We head to the first store in search of toys... no toys, but we find Waldo in there. Uh, oh... Mama has to use the potty. We run to the nearest restroom and start back and find a toy store. We find Tinkerbell Polly Pocket dolls for Minnie and a Disney bus with Mickey and Goofy for Little EE. I call Joe and he tells me to get back to our spot NOW. Uh-oh... he used the tone. The tone that tells me, *I'm losing it and you need to come and calm me down* I'm almost afraid to go back. Let's see.. what could it be.... did he lose Waldo? I haven't spent THAT much money... does he have tummy issues??? Me and Minnie high tail it back to Joe and company......

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 09-22-2006 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Hit me with your best shot..
Old 09-22-2006, 11:37 PM   #11
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Oh, NOOOOOOO!! A cliffhanger! I can't wait to find out what happens next!!

Old 09-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #12
jonestavern

Still frighteningly..NAKED!

Quote:
Day 2 Continued:........
*I'm losing it and you need to come and calm me down* I'm almost afraid to go back. Let's see.. what could it be.... did he lose Waldo? I haven't spent THAT much money... does he have tummy issues??? Me and Minnie high tail it back to Joe and company......
AAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Let's see, she's got 2 young kids, she'll be up early, crap! then she has to make breakfast, get them dressed...maybe her DH cooks?...she'll have to do chores....

Hanging in suspense,
Jean

AKV, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp; BCV, BWV, CBR, CSR, HHI, OKW, POFQ, POP, POR, SSR, WDW Swan; VB, WLV, & offsite
Old 09-23-2006, 12:50 AM   #13
Fairy_Tale_Bride
DIS Veteran

I just have to say that you have the most adorable and beautiful children I have ever seen! I am loving your report and photos!!!!

Dream_Maker

Make sure to find me!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 12:58 AM   #14
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Yeahhhh! I found you! You are on FI-Yah!

LOOK at your babies!!! Your DS has cheeks, I tell you what! (We should hook up our toddlers some time! THAT would be a FUNNY play date! MY DD2 could out scream your EE with her eye's closed...wait, You know what I mean!)

You ALL look adorable!

I love how Waldo takes over and has no idea about ADR's etc! You are a patient woman!

I remember Monchichis too! I can still hear their commercial in my head!

Thank You for the cameos! I'm all reading, then, BAM! There I am on yer TR! I'm flattered!

I've been to Olvero Street!!! It has alot of that stuff that's at the Mexican Pavillion. I had purchased some wool blankets in LA for like $10.00 for 2 and the Epcot version is $30.00 for 1! I actually love some of the folk art! I felt nostalgic for "home"!! There's so much I miss about California (sigh)!

I'm subscribing so I wont neglect you again! If I do, PM me, I dont want to miss anything! (I dig Joe's "attitude"!)

Love Ya!
UtahMama
Old 09-24-2006, 06:42 PM   #15
DebIreland
ಠvಠ

Quote:
Oh my God, my little Monchhichi!! I had one of those when I was young, LOVED it to bits, brought it everywhere. It broke my heart when his fur ripped and the beans started coming out. I remember trying to stitch it time and time again but it just kept losing weight until it was skin and bone, well you know, padding-less. I was so sad. I had no idea they sold them in WS. Thank you!! I'm gonna get myself one - a cousin of my dearly departed one! I mean, would ya just look at the guy on the right sucking his thumb - you just don't get cuter than that.

Quote:
DS took a nasty fall right into the coffee table and gashed his eye open. Trip #2 to the ER this year for him. 4 stitches. He made daddy proud, and mama cry. One am DS is up with fever and vomiting. Does he have a concussion? Back to the ER, no concussion, he has an acute ear infection. This poor kiddo. Back from the ER and kiddo is resting comfortably with a dvd.
Oh no. Poor little guy. I hope he'll feel all better soon. What a horrible ordeal for all of you.

Grieving Angry Widow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: