Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Planet Hollywood - restaurant reviews

Planet Hollywood is located in Disney Village.
As well as a number of the most popular dishes from the American greatest-hits menu, you are treated to a fun and flashy decor, movie memorabilia, and an extravaganza of movie clips on drop-down screens.
A variety of drinks, cocktails will refresh you after a long day in the park.
The menu includes dishes like starter of chorizo and three-cheese potato skins, main course of classic cheeseburger with fries, and massive desserts to delight the kids, like double chocolate brownie with ice cream and hot fudge.
If you own the Brits Guide to DLP you'll find a helpful money off coupon on the back cover

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

Last edited by Cyrano; 09-26-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:06 AM   #2
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

Great place to eat with teenagers , my 3 love it.

No problems using the Brits Guide coupon & the discount is worth it.

Try calling in when passing for a same day booking, saves queueing, as it's very popular

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #3
ghasfura
Mouseketeer

planet hollywood

Great choice of burgers! worth q-ing for! lovely cocktails too
ghasfura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #4
BONITATIME
I like to drink all year out of our collection of disney glasses, it reminds me of the magic

We ate here last december and had a great meal. We arrived as the fantilusion parade was starting so we had no wait. ( you can't prebook a time)
We had a great meal with fast service. Her are some photos of what we ate . We had 3 starters the VIP platter the bruschetas and the potato skins. 4 main courses 8 soft drinks and 2 puddings. With the discount from Simons book paid less than 100 euros.
Here are some photos.

1978 disneyland 1986 WDW 2004 June HI 5 days : NYH 3-8 Dec 2005 May 27-29 kyriad HI 2rd-10th Dec 2006 26 May, DCR 20th- 26 Aug, Marriots 2-9 Dec 2007 Kyriad DLRP Feb 20-22 & June 21-24 :WDW BC 8/14-8/16 & Vistana 8/26-9/8, DLRP 21/12-23/12 2008 - WDW POP C & Coronado S apr27/may4 DLRP octHoliday Inn Feb 2009 NPBC Dec 2009
Pin Trading under BONITATIME
BONITATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Hmmm looks delicious Nikki

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

I agree - now I am torn whether to go for Planet Hollywood or Annette's on our last day - maybe the length of the queue at each will be the decider - which one did you prefer, Nikki?

Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:17 AM   #7
Bolanette87
The Queen Bee
I change my mind more often than my knickers
You have made this little dipstick very happy today!

We ate here in the early evening on the last night of our trip. To be honest, we didn't really like it that much....

We felt the interior was a bit bland (!).... and we weren't impressed by the fact they were even trying to sell you things on the table!!

Our server was very good however, he came and introduced himself, informed us that the soup was not on today, and even left another couple of minutes incase that was what we wished to order.

To start, Robert had Sliders, which were listed as Mini Burgers... Note the MINI in that:

He said these just tasted like rather 'naff' oven burgers....

And I had the chicken crunch with creole mustard dip... It was ok I suppose, but nothing special. I did, however, think the salad was clever. If they'd placed the hot chicken onto lettuce, the lettuce would have cooked and wilted and not been any pleasure to eat. However, the carrot stayed nice and crunchy!

And then for mains Robert had the LA Lasagne... He was not impressed with this at all. He said it tasted like a nasty microwave lasagne....

And I had the BBQ chicken sandwich:

I was impressed with the taste, but not with the lacklustre presentation!! The fries were also a bit too dry for my liking.

So overall, we weren't too impressed. I also didn't like how close together the tables were- Another couple were almost sat on our laps!!

Don't know if we'd be trying it again. It filled a corner, but it was nothing special.

Bob xoxoxox
Old 04-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
ynwa19
Mouseketeer

I love the food at this place. My wife and I normally try to get to PH for our last night at the park and Annettes for our last meal there at lunch the following day.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:30 AM   #9
Inkmahm
Disney nut

We ate here last night. No smoke problems at all as it is smoke free! Thank God.

Food was okay. I had the turkey club without mayo but they didn't seem to want to give me dry bread so they buttered it. Yuck. My cousin had the ribs and thought they were excellent. Service was fine. Used the Brit guide 20% discount which was also easy.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #10
RoosMomKanga
Mouseketeer

Thumbs down

We ate here 5/19 for dinner and it was 80Euros for 5 of us, after the 20% Brit's Guide discount. We would not recommend it. None of us are picky eaters and no one liked their meal (I had the LA Lasagna and it was terrible- dry and tastless). The service was very slow, and the place was dirty and noisy. We loved DLRP, just not this place.
RoosMomKanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

We ate here 15/5 and I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it either. The tables (upstairs) are so close together you can't actually get out of the middle ones without asking people to move if the seats are occupied. Your children will be glued to the TVs on every wall rather than listening to you. Food was only average or below average and was too expensive to be average.
Newport Bay Hotel 2004......Davy Crockett's Ranch Feb 2008......Les Etangs Fleuris May 2008......Disneyland Hotel Oct 2008......Holiday Inn December 2008......Disneyland Hotel March 2009......Adagio Apartments May 2009......Adagio Apartments Oct 2009......Cheyenne Hotel Jan 2010......Disneyland Hotel March 2010

No ticker!!! Sob sob.
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #12
davewasbaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkmahm View Post
I had the turkey club without mayo but they didn't seem to want to give me dry bread so they buttered it. Yuck.
welcome to Europe. In the UK, if's it's bread, they put butter on it - yuk. I hate butter in sandwiches.

davewasbaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:33 PM   #13
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Monday 22nd October 2007

We decided to go to Planet Hollywood to eat ~ we got there just after 6pm ~ a big mistake as I think everyone else had the same idea. We had to wait nearly an hour for a table but we only had ourselves to blame ~ we knew we should have left the park earlier but couldnít drag ourselves away!!

Well, all the waiting was well worth it. I have read some dire reviews of Planet Hollywood but the food was absolutely delicious and our server was a great laugh!!

Francesca had the chicken tenders and fries,

Danielle had the classic cheeseburger and fries (forgot to photograph),
Samantha had LA Lasagne,

and both Bryan and I had the pineapple orange chicken served with jasmine rice.

For dessert, Bryan had the white chocolate bread pudding,

Danielle had lemon sorbet (again no photo ), Francesca had profiteroles,

and Samantha and I shared the dessert sampler.

The strawberry shortcake was to die for ~ but unfortunately we couldnít do it justice, I think there was enough there for all five of us to share!!

We really enjoyed it here (donít forget your Brits Guide to get 20% off) and will definitely come again.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
Roon
DIS Veteran

We love Planet Hollywood and ate there all four nights we were there last week. No smoking at all. Food is great. No problems changing things if you aren't satisfied.
We usually go for a tea time rather than late and you can get a table no problem. You get 20 percent discount on your food bill the next visit if you go before 5.00. This is fine as the park is open later and you can head back to the park for a couple more rides and the candlebration.
Super Duper.
Roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #15
Booknut
I couldn't figure out why people would choose to put that down

We ate here end of November for dinner, no ressies but we didn't have to wait as it was quite early and although busy they were still able to seat us. We sat downstairs in the Zebra room.

We'd never eaten at a Planet Hollywood before and we really loved it. Our server was so friendly and funny, it was great watching him interact with Matilda in French and English, she certainly liked him

The menu was varied and had lots of great stuff on it. Here are some photos:

Entrance

I had a shrimp carbonara pasta dish and Phil had a chicken sandwich plus they gave us some plain pasta for us to give to Matilda. Oh and we had some delicious garlic breadsticks with this divine dip.

We didn't have dessert but we saw a few that others were having and they looked sooooooooo good We got 20% off with Simon's book which was also a great deal.

I highly recommend this place, next time we'll eat there twice!

2005 WDW Offsite, 2006 WDW AKL/POFQ, 2008 DLP Santa Fe, 2009 DLP Hotel New York, 2012 DLP Hotel L'Elysee

Booknut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: