Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Arts and Crafts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
vanyel
Mouseketeer
I like to escape in the occasional "bodice ripper"!
I don't think I want to be my tree

Have you ever spent hours on a project then

didn't like it and took it all apart?

I worked on a necklace last night that looked really cute, until I put it on. You would have thought I would have learned my lesson from the last time I made something that I didn't like. My craft room needs a mirror because I'm too lazy to go upstairs to look in the mirror (it's in the basement). It didn't lay right on my neck and the special beads (you know the ones you "save"), weren't in the right place. Even the length was a little bit off.

Oh well, all I've wasted is some wire.
vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
azgal81
I am such a big fan of color
How do you even iron a triangle and some string?
I have claustrophobic feet

I knitted a sweater with cables and everything so lots of work but it doesn't quite fit. So I need to undo some of it and take it in to make it smaller but I can't bring myself to do it. I just don't have the energy.

It sucks when that happens!
azgal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2006, 06:41 AM   #3
DaniDownUnder
Mouseketeer

Yup..been there....

I spent the better part of a weekend frantically knitting a scarf...then decided I really hated the pattern and ripped it ALL out to start over again!! I have the same problem when I make my medieval outfits...I'll spend hours on it, using a pattern I've used before, only to find that I don't like the cut of the bodice when I'm done *sigh* What a waste of fabric and handsewing!!!
2003: Introduced Aussie fiancee to WDW (offsite)
2006: WDW Honeymoon at WL
2007: Trip w/ mum to celebrate end of the PhD and my return to the US

DaniDownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
vanyel
Mouseketeer
I like to escape in the occasional "bodice ripper"!
I don't think I want to be my tree

Both of those sound worse than my "ugly" necklace. I never could get the hang of knitting, as much as my grandmother tried to get me to learn. She'd be proud of my daughter who knits for relaxation and has made some beautiful scarves.
vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:55 PM   #5
OK!
Dreams in
Moral of the story: generic rum = bad
that was my holy grail of the whole sale!

I do that constantly, with pretty much any craft project I start. I'm a perfectionist about stuff like that and if I even start to get the faintest notion that I might not be completely in love with the way something is turning out, I'll undo it and start over (or worse yet, abandon it and start something else). That's probably why I've got about a dozen half-completed scarves and 2-3 afghans lying around here, and why anything I paint (e.g. unfinished wood) ends up with 5-6 different-colored coats of paint on it from the various times I've changed my mind. I think I've got one bracelet that I liked after the first stringing; the rest've been done and redone I don't know how many times.
WDW: 1979, 1982, 1985, Nov. 1987, Aug. 1991 (Doubletree), May 1995 (Doubletree), Oct. 1997 (Dixie Landings), Nov. 2001 (Port Orleans Riverside), Dec. 2002 (Dolphin), Dec. 2004 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2006 (Beach Club Villas), Aug. 2006 (VWL/BCV), Dec. 2006 (BCV/BWV), Jan. 2008 (BCV): ½ Marathon trip!, May 2008 (BCV): graduation trip!, Dec. 2008 (BCV), Jan. 2009 (BCV): ½ Marathon trip!, May 2009: quickie weekend, Jan. 2010 (BWV): ½ Marathon trip!, April 2010: 3 weeks in the World, Aug. '10: moved here for good
OK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:11 AM   #6
ddavis860
My dream job is to be the Fairy Godmother in the lobby of Cinderella's Royal Palace
But I have to say after this really hot winter, I'm looking forward to fall!Make assorted balls for snakes

I know I have so many UFO's (unfinished objects) in my craft room, I should open a store. When I start getting unhappy with the way something is looking, I just stop and move on to something else. When I get around to looking at it again, sometimes I love it, other times it gets trashed and reused.

I find I never like anything when I first finish it. I need to take time away, and then look with "new" eyes. Although, sometimes even LOTS of time won't help some things...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: