Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #1216
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,960

Oh these past few posts have been so much fun to read! Sparkling Wine flight.. yay, sounds like fun! And of course I can't wait to try all the sparkling wines at the F & W!! BD, good food for certain! And I agree, the atmosphere is such that it feels really laidback! C & T, I cant wait to explore the F & W with you guys! That will be great fun... We have to make a plan!!! MEK, you did well with your artist rendering! AND I have to say do you know that I have NEVER been to One Man's Dream??!! I loved seeing these photos, and I have to go in October; I could never get my boys in there!!! But I sure will!
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 06:29 AM   #1217
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,030

Hi All!

I am happy to report that we DID go to Williamsburg - headed here right after dropping Brian at school.

We are staying at a lovely resort and this morning I found the business center. No one here, so I thought I would post a quick hello. Sorry I have not responded to the last few posts, but I promise to do so as soon as I get home.

Anyway - taking enough pictures for a mini TR.

See you all soon!!!!!!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #1218
I Believe In Magic
Mouseketeer
 
I Believe In Magic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 423

Have a wonderful and safe trip!! I am so glad you go to go after all. Looking forward to hearing about it!!
__________________
Samantha & The Girls



I Believe In Magic is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #1219
Poolrat
DIS Veteran
 
Poolrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 8,381

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi All!

I am happy to report that we DID go to Williamsburg - headed here right after dropping Brian at school.

We are staying at a lovely resort and this morning I found the business center. No one here, so I thought I would post a quick hello. Sorry I have not responded to the last few posts, but I promise to do so as soon as I get home.

Anyway - taking enough pictures for a mini TR.

See you all soon!!!!!!
So glad Irene didn't keep you from your trip. Enjoy and we will all see what you did when you get back.
__________________
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #1220
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,173

You ladies were busy updating while I was off the grid in Alaska! I'll try to get my update up soon but it might be a day or two. Thank heavens for the upcoming long weekend. Coming back from vacation is a lot less painful when it's followed by not one, but two short work weeks!

Mary Ellen I am SO glad you were able to still do your trip and the college check in went so well, I was thinking about you and all my other east cost DIS buddies with Irene. Some folks on the cruise were a bit freaked and having a hard time getting info/getting ahold of folks as the connectivity is so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Great updates MEK and C Melissa, Cynthia and I headed over on the same boat to HS where Cynthia and I headed for FP's and a ride on TSM. Somehow I knew that Cynthia and I would be a good match on TSM as we are both a bit competitive I think. We were within a hundred points of each other the whole way through until the final round when I nearly dislocated my shoulder to come out with the win

We WERE neck and neck but then you slaughtered me! on the dislocated shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Lunch was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I love the BD and lunch was kicked up a few levels with our flight and our server!! ME I think the wine we had later was Conundrum......I am pretty sure that is what we had because if it's ever on the menu at some point throughout the meal it's in my glass I bought a few bottles last week in preparation for the hurricane I had the Cobb salad as a starter and then a fish entree for my main. I think it was grouper and it had beets. Skipped dessert. Maybe I had another glass of wine for dessert? C may have enabled me

Thanks MEK for keeping up with all of your updates and sorry I have been such a slacker

Tracy
It was Conundrum, that I definitely recall and I think I had 2 glasses? YUM! This was one of my favorite meals, hands down. From the food to the server, everything. I'll have to see what I took pics of. I completely forgot Mary Ellen had filled up a card. Pretty funny considering I didn't fill up my 8MB card on the cruise though I imagine I came close and was helped by the fact that Jeff used the point and shoot for any video and did fill up that little card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hi All!

I am happy to report that we DID go to Williamsburg - headed here right after dropping Brian at school.

We are staying at a lovely resort and this morning I found the business center. No one here, so I thought I would post a quick hello. Sorry I have not responded to the last few posts, but I promise to do so as soon as I get home.

Anyway - taking enough pictures for a mini TR.

See you all soon!!!!!!
Hope it's wonderful!!!
eandesmom is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #1221
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran
 
TanzUnited99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,760

Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.
TanzUnited99 is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #1222
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,173

Death at the Midway

As Tracy mentioned, we got up and headed off to HS. If memory serves I had great intentions of working out but am pretty darn sure I didn’t. It was another beautiful day!

Walking to the marina







Waiting for the boat



Our captain



And we’re off!



Destination in sight!





Hi Bo!



The TSM stampede



Someone was ready for action



We kept focused









Not too shabby!



We breezed though









And yeah…Tracy kicked my butt! I was doing well there for a while but she slaughtered me!

We met Melissa at Writers Stop and I confess, I tried the infamous carrot cake cookie, and got an iced coffee. That thing was HUGE! I’m not sure I ate even half of it. It was good, quite good, but I think I’d like about 1/5 as much. I think Tracy and Melissa did the AA class? I know I went over with them but the class had just started and I didn’t want to wait so maybe we all split up then? Not sure. Tracy and I chatted about maybe meeting at TOT before lunch but I think we all got busy with our various things, Melissa had a little last minute shopping I think and then to head home  Very Very sad to see her go, she’d gotten our group together, made it happen and was so central to the trip. I can’t say how much I enjoyed meeting her, spending time with her and hope to travel again with her!

While we were doing this, or after, at some point Mary Ellen also hit AA and said goodbye to Melissa (PP pics)











I also show a ton of PP pics of Jen from DHS but think those are from the day before while we were on the trek. Jen, let me know if you want me to post them.

Continued in next post
eandesmom is offline  
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #1223
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,173

A date at the Derby

Apparently I decided to get some streetmosphere, and based by the pictures MEK and I were near each other and didn’t realize it!













I am not positive what else I did but I know I rode RRC at least twice. Because I could! Gotta love that single rider line. After that it was time for lunch.

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned but BD wasn’t on the original ADR plan. Originally it had been a Cape May breakfast for this day but none of us were feeling it. Christine and Tracy had already decided to do lunch ad BD and graciously let Mary Ellen and I invite ourselves to tag along (and were able to change the ressie). I’d never been there and I don’t think Mary Ellen had either. SUCH a better choice I have to say!

Very cool interior, it has “three martini lunch” written all over it!







The girls getting ready for takeoff





It’s a good thing Mary Ellen’s pic turned out, he’s very blurry in mine! Oh was he a riot, he was working his tail off and sweating a bit but just cracking up and enjoying our table. None of the “oh no, 4 women” attitude at all, he was having as much fun with us as we were with him.

My appetizer

Blue Lump Crab Cake - with Potato Crust, Green Cabbage Slaw, Cognac-Mustard Sauce, and Rémoulade



And entrée
Coriander Dusted Grouper - cauliflower risotto, fresh English peas, crunchy sunchokes, and a yellow tomato coulis $33.00



Christine’s salad



Dessert



Which, I think, was this.

Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower - on Cocoa-Almond Cookie and Bananas Foster $9.00

OMG. My favorite meal of the trip from start to finish. From the service, to the wine (Conundrum, so perfect with the crab cake and the fish), to the company and the food. All of it. Absolutely LOVED it. It’d be pricey to take my gang to so I’m not sure it will happen but of the signatures we tried, I think it would be my top choice to take them to.

And yeah, I know Mary Ellen and I ate the exact same thing across the board but I swear, those are MY pictures this time (hers are better lol).
I know Mary Ellen snagged pics with Tracy and Christine, both on her camera and PP while I went to the restroom but they were gone when I came out so we got one of our own.





Lunch over it was fast pass time and a chance for redemption for me.
eandesmom is offline  
Old 09-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #1224
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,030

Thanks for all the updates girls! I will do official replies tonight, but I just wanted to post an acknowledgment to the gals for their updates!

Conundrum - Thanks for telling me the name! It was delish!

I had a fabulous time in Williamsburg! It was great! I'll fill you in soon!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 09-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #1225
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran
 
sunny_stace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,763

Oh I love love love Streetmosphere! Somehow I always wind up involved with those characters! They are such crack-ups! I love it! That would be one of my dream jobs if I worked at WDW!
__________________
Stacy
sunny_stace is offline  
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #1226
vamassey1
DIS Veteran
 
vamassey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 3,243

The Brown Derby meal looks just as good the second time around. I love Crab Cakes!

I really want to catch more Streetmosphere in the future.
__________________
Newest report! Laissez les bon temps Rouler... Feb 2010...
My first Disney trip report! Hurry and Fly Away to Neverland



April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #1227
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran
 
tinacaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,777

Great update. Sparkling wine flight looks fantastic. And what is it about TSM that is just so incredibly fun?
__________________
CSR - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
BC - 2011, 2012
POLY - 2012
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #1228
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Mary Ellen - Love how this title got it's name - that meal sounds like a hoot and the conversation had me in stitches!! Also pleased to hear you managed to get a new memory card.

Christine - Love the boardwalk pics - they turned out great!

It was one of my favorite meals of the trip and, as Cynthia commented later, it was actually some of my favorite food for the entire trip. Really pushed up the ranking of BD IMHO. Loved it!

Yes - I was lucky the memory card was so convenient, but I will certainly remember to take an extra on my next trip.

I agree the C's pictures are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Ooh I love the muppet store! I hope they have some new Miss Piggy merchandise I also love the word "twitterpated" I have the exact same picture of the poster.
I hope you find lots of new Miss Piggy things! I wish confess - I totally skipped the muppets this trip, but it is usually one of my favorite attractions. I hope they never take it away, but rather update the quality of the film. It's so fun and Miss Piggy is always a laugh no matter how many times I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
ME, I would like to try doing a TR of my upcoming trip. I will be taking lots of picures in preparation.
Doris -

I hope you have an absolutely fabulous trip that is now rapidly approaching - any day now and I hope you take tons of pictures. I look forward to your TR. I'm sure it will be a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Me too!
Sadly, I was never on this ride but I always thought the concept was so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I remember telling MEK how much I enjoyed the AA so I wanted to do that with her but something happened and I wasn't able to make it to her class. I felt terrible because the class that I took was drawing Eeorye...her favorite When I saw her at lunch I didn't even want to tell her who it was


I am so jealous you got to draw Eeyore. I guess I should have waited. Bummer! Oh well - Who Knew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post

Lunch was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I love the BD and lunch was kicked up a few levels with our flight and our server!! ME I think the wine we had later was Conundrum......I am pretty sure that is what we had because if it's ever on the menu at some point throughout the meal it's in my glass I bought a few bottles last week in preparation for the hurricane I had the Cobb salad as a starter and then a fish entree for my main. I think it was grouper and it had beets. Skipped dessert. Maybe I had another glass of wine for dessert? C may have enabled me


I agree - lunch far exceeded my expectations and our server was awesome! That Conundrum was fabulous! It went perfectly with the meal. So funny that you bought it for your hurricane preparations. Perfect choice!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post

After lunch I think we all split up again and I know that at some point I headed down to TOT to drop a few floors. My favorite combination is when the elevator goes up first instead of falling so I decided to ride until I went up first....I think it was around 4 or 5 rides I know I did some shopping....HS is one of my favorite places to shop. As for what was next? Not sure but I bet it involved the pool.

Thanks MEK for keeping up with all of your updates and sorry I have been such a slacker

Tracy
You go girl - champagne flight and Conundrum and 5 good free falls! - Is all I can say! I skipped ToT this trip - but its on my list for December. I have always wanted to do a big DIS meet that involved riding ToT - I think it would be a hoot!!!!!!

F&W 2010 Maybe? Dis meet at the tower. It could work!

Not a slacker at all! Loved the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I enabled you?? Surely not. . Well, agree I enabled so as to book a connecting flight/drink at lunch but then you were on your own. Q
Good One Christine!!!!!!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 07:35 AM   #1229
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh these past few posts have been so much fun to read! Sparkling Wine flight.. yay, sounds like fun! And of course I can't wait to try all the sparkling wines at the F & W!! BD, good food for certain! And I agree, the atmosphere is such that it feels really laidback! C & T, I cant wait to explore the F & W with you guys! That will be great fun... We have to make a plan!!!
You guys are going to have SO MUCH FUN! and I continue to be extremely jealous! But I look forward to hearing all about it, so this big F&W trip better include some time of TR. Just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
MEK, you did well with your artist rendering! AND I have to say do you know that I have NEVER been to One Man's Dream??!! I loved seeing these photos, and I have to go in October; I could never get my boys in there!!! But I sure will!
Thanks! I still think I need a do-over!

OMD is so very cool! I must confess that I tend to walk through it pretty quickly, but my younger son has always liked it right from the time he was small. At 9 years old he could spend an hour looking at the displays. My older son - NOT! But the movie is really good and I think even the most hard core boy could sit through it. I really hope you get a chance to go in there. It really gives insight into how genius Disney was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Believe In Magic View Post
Have a wonderful and safe trip!! I am so glad you go to go after all. Looking forward to hearing about it!!
Thanks!!!! We had a fabulous time! It was only three nights, but we jammed packed into the trip as much as possible. I took a ton of pictures and I am trying to decide how to best post about the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So glad Irene didn't keep you from your trip. Enjoy and we will all see what you did when you get back.
Irene did push back our departure by 2 days and it did reek some havoc along the Virginia coast and W-burg, but I am so thankful we got to spend some time there. The weather was absolutely stellar and the crowds we low! Perfect time to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
You ladies were busy updating while I was off the grid in Alaska! I'll try to get my update up soon but it might be a day or two. Thank heavens for the upcoming long weekend. Coming back from vacation is a lot less painful when it's followed by not one, but two short work weeks!
Welcome Back Cynthia - I am sure you had a absolutely fabulous time. I can not wait to read all about it and see the breathtaking pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

Mary Ellen I am SO glad you were able to still do your trip and the college check in went so well, I was thinking about you and all my other east cost DIS buddies with Irene. Some folks on the cruise were a bit freaked and having a hard time getting info/getting ahold of folks as the connectivity is so bad.

We came through the storm unscathed. We were very lucky. No power outages. No loss of cable. I do feel very sorry for the people who lost power and the number of uprooted trees in Virginia was astounding. So, all in all, we were very, very lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

It was Conundrum, that I definitely recall and I think I had 2 glasses? YUM! This was one of my favorite meals, hands down. From the food to the server, everything. I'll have to see what I took pics of. I completely forgot Mary Ellen had filled up a card. Pretty funny considering I didn't fill up my 8MB card on the cruise though I imagine I came close and was helped by the fact that Jeff used the point and shoot for any video and did fill up that little card.

I agree. The meal was fabulous. I completely forgot we had the exact same thing. Perfect combo and the wine was great!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 09-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #1230
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 18,030

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Thanks. We had an absolutely fabulous time and I took a ton of pictures. I definitely have enough for a little mini TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post

And yeah…Tracy kicked my butt! I was doing well there for a while but she slaughtered me!


Well - you did get your revenge because you whooped my a$$. But I officially stink at TSM so maybe that's not really something to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post


We met Melissa at Writers Stop and I confess, I tried the infamous carrot cake cookie, and got an iced coffee. That thing was HUGE! I’m not sure I ate even half of it. It was good, quite good, but I think I’d like about 1/5 as much. I think Tracy and Melissa did the AA class? I know I went over with them but the class had just started and I didn’t want to wait so maybe we all split up then? Not sure. Tracy and I chatted about maybe meeting at TOT before lunch but I think we all got busy with our various things, Melissa had a little last minute shopping I think and then to head home  Very Very sad to see her go, she’d gotten our group together, made it happen and was so central to the trip. I can’t say how much I enjoyed meeting her, spending time with her and hope to travel again with her!

So you tried the cookie? Nice. I want one - NOW!

I was also so sorry to see Melissa go. She really did a ton of planning for us and I know we all really appreciated it!!!!!

Thank you Melissa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_stace View Post
Oh I love love love Streetmosphere! Somehow I always wind up involved with those characters! They are such crack-ups! I love it! That would be one of my dream jobs if I worked at WDW!
Wouldn't that be such a fun job???? Seriously, I would have a blast with that. I am sure the cast members love it! It is so fun to watch~

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
The Brown Derby meal looks just as good the second time around. I love Crab Cakes!

.
The crab cakes were absolutely delish! Heck - the whole meal was fab! Wish I could have it today for lunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I really want to catch more Streetmosphere in the future.
I agree - I am looking forward to seeing it again in December!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Great update. Sparkling wine flight looks fantastic. And what is it about TSM that is just so incredibly fun?
It was a fantastic meal all the way around - the wine, the food, the server, the company. Couldn't ask for a better afternoon.

And TSM - I do really enjoy it, even though I pretty much stink at it!
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: