The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Meets (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=940573)

MargaretMary 10-21-2005 07:42 AM

April 14, 2007 Eastern Cruise!

Who here is going on the 4/14/07 cruise to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay?

GreatDaneMom 10-21-2005 10:35 AM

I'm bringing DH and DD (12 by then.) This will be our first Eastern so we're very excited. Glad to see you'll also be there. We were hoping we wouldn't be alone on the ship. ;)

Cheryl

GreatDaneMom 10-22-2005 08:39 PM

Just changed our booking to 2/3/07. Seems the rates were better for what we wanted so I fell into a fickle changing spree. Enjoy your 4/14 cruise!

Cheryl

mkjmom 02-18-2006 01:13 PM

We're going too! DH, DD, DS and my mother and cousin. Can't wait, our first Disney cruise.

pershing 02-24-2006 11:01 AM

Single Mom with 3 DS's

Just moved from Dec. 2, 2006 Western.

This will be our third cruise/WDW and last time the kids missing school turned out to be an issue bigger than I thought. My oldest starts middle school next year and we moving in to a new house this Summer so I decided to go on school vacation for the first time.

I'm sure it will be very crowded in all aspects but I think we know the ship well enough now to take advantage of all it has to offer.

What's new for me since the last cruise are signing up for the things online like excursions and stuff. I, honestly, don't know what you can and can't do and when you can do it.

Always something new to learn! pixiedust:

pershing 03-01-2006 04:36 PM

Mkmom- How old are you're kids?

My DS's run (by cruise time) 12, 10, 8

I'm from Mass. also btw. 3 of us so far! Wow!

mkjmom 03-02-2006 01:31 PM

My DD will be 8 and DS will be 7. I'm hoping they can both go to the Oceaneer Lab together, mostly for my benefit. I think I'll feel better letting them go if I know they are together.

tyna 03-02-2006 06:40 PM

count us in

Just booked today for April 14, 2007 cruise. It's myself, DH, DS14 and DS9(almost 10) at time of the cruise. We are also from Mass. but the western part of the state. Don't you just love Patriots day vacations so we can skip the whole Easter craziness! :cool1:

yogibigdog 03-02-2006 07:05 PM

We are booked on this cruise. Myself, DH, DS 7 (will be almost 8 on the cruise), and DS 5(will be almost 6), also My mom and MIL. This will be on first 7 day cruise. Went on the Wonder twice last year and are going on the Wonder for Thanksgiving this year. We are also from Massachusetts. Now all we have to worry about is getting our flights booked.

996turbos 03-02-2006 07:29 PM

We'll be there. DW and 3 "kids"...DD-18, DS-25, and the little guy DS-9. This will be our 6th cruise. 4 on the Wonder and 1 other Eastern on the Magic. Now if I can just lose that 10lbs in 1 1/2 months :thumbsup2. I'll be the guy at the buffet line with the chair by the shimp bowl- :goodvibes

pershing 03-03-2006 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 996turbos
We'll be there. DW and 3 "kids"...DD-18, DS-25, and the little guy DS-9. This will be our 6th cruise. 4 on the Wonder and 1 other Eastern on the Magic. Now if I can just lose that 10lbs in 1 1/2 months :thumbsup2. I'll be the guy at the buffet line with the chair by the shimp bowl- :goodvibes

We are 2007! I wish we were going in 1 1/2 months, but alas we have an entire year and then some to wait! Which is better 'cause I need to do some savin' big time!

Well Massachusetts people are definately prior planners! That's fer sure! This will be the first cruise all my kids are 'lab' age. Shame, really, the oldest and youngest could use a break from each other sometimes. I think my youngest will miss the Pirate Ship Climbing Area.

I forgot about Patriot's Day! That's right! I'm just glad that they'll be no make-up homework to do.

Are any of you doing the parks before or after? For me, the before parks idea depends on what kind of cost the flights are. My oldest likes to fly Delta because of the TV's AND the channels they carry. We flew Jetblue last time and the TV's were screwed up both flights, so he made it clear he wanted to go back to Song.

I found Tuesdays and Thursdays to be cheaper days to fly, but sometimes Friday's are the same. I'm nervous because this is peak season time and we've only done off season before. I feel like I have to book everything as early as it opens just in case! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

pershing 03-29-2006 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyna
Just booked today for April 14, 2007 cruise. It's myself, DH, DS14 and DS9(almost 10) at time of the cruise. We are also from Mass. but the western part of the state. Don't you just love Patriots day vacations so we can skip the whole Easter craziness! :cool1:

I had no idea what you were talking about until someone on the transportation board explained to me that next year MASSACHUSETTS will most likely have a Spring Break a different week from the rest of the country!

I never knew that we base our Spring Break on Patriots Day while the rest of the country base it on Easter!

Makes me want to do the parks instead! :eek:

Just sorta! :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :cheer2:

But that explains why so many of us are from MA on this cruise!

I was trying to figure out whether to fly down early or leave later to do a little of the parks that week. Now, I'm definately doing the 'after the cruise' park run knowing that the crowds will have lessened! Maybe the prices will drop too. :goodvibes

dutch_girl_scout 04-13-2006 09:21 PM

Hello---
Just wanted to point out to everyone that tomorrow this cruise will be exactly one year away AND we'll be on it!!! :Pinkbounc

It will be me, DH, DS14, DD12, and DBaby who isn't born yet. We were booked on the 12/09/06 Double Dip cruise, but can't go because baby won't be old enough, so we're going on this one instead.

It's nice that a lot of you are able to go during spring break. Our spring break is always in late March when the prices are crazy. The price difference is more than $1,000 so we'll be pulling the kids out of school.

This will be our second cruise, our first was a land/sea in December of 2005, that was totally enough to get me addicted.

Look forward to chatting with you guys over the next year!

wilbeer 04-14-2006 06:57 PM

Our 1st time,can't wait

DW,DD,DS,and I going 4/14/07. Sounds like a fun bunch going. Hope to communicate more. :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

dutch_girl_scout 04-15-2006 04:22 PM

Wilbeer--How old are your children? Watch out, the first cruise is addicting!!