The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New! Disney's Magical Express (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=703519)

Regina 12-28-2004 12:49 PM

New! Disney's Magical Express

The DIS has info regarding Disney's latest offer for guests visiting WDW starting on May 5, 2005. You may want to check it out: Disney's Magical Express

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

missypie 12-28-2004 01:05 PM

Wow! I'll have to re-think that rental car.

debster812 12-28-2004 01:07 PM

This sounds VERY intriguing. We are planning on a Feb 2006 trip where we will be renting a car at the end of the trip to head south for a week in Bonita Springs. Does anyone know yet if you can do this for just one way???

hpygrll 12-28-2004 01:08 PM

So why would it have to pick you up 2 3/4 hours before departure when you are already checked in and have your boarding passes??

Jenny:)

tkyes 12-28-2004 01:16 PM

I would guess just to be safe Jenny - Mears always picks you up really early too. I just think they don't want to take the chance of someone missing a flight. You'll most likely have to drive around and pick up people at other hotels as well.

I don't see why you couldn't do it one way Deb. I would have to do it one way as Northwest isn't listed as an available outbound carrier yet. I'm sure you just tell them you have another leg of your vacation and they won't schedule return service.

Pretty cool!!!

ead79 12-28-2004 01:41 PM

That is a great idea! Though it won't benefit me (we drive down, not fly), I think it's a great offering for many guests. :)

kimwim8 12-28-2004 01:46 PM

sounds like a good idea, but I haven't been happy with the Mears experience in the past (just my opinion).

We might just have to give it a try, though!

monkeyboy 12-28-2004 01:49 PM

I was taken aback by the last paragraph though

Quote:

This service is for domestic travel only and will not be offered to guests who are members of the DIS

:cool:

zulaya 12-28-2004 01:51 PM

I think I might re-think the rental car as well...hmmmm

fun & fancy free 12-28-2004 01:53 PM

I'm with KIMWIM8. The thought of Mears makes me shutter. The feel I got that I was a piece of cattle being herded(sp?) into the bus. I will still opt for a town care especially while my kids are little.

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

tc 12-28-2004 01:59 PM

We usually use Mears, so I think this is great. However, I am a DVC owner, does it also apply to us? We book rooms differently than a cash room?

EsmeraldaX 12-28-2004 02:04 PM

Never taken Mears before. But this sounds pretty good. We're heading down May 11th for a week and so far, we have APs, got airline tickets for Christmas and now we'll be able to cut out the cost of a towncar as well. Woohoo!

decker96 12-28-2004 02:11 PM

This sounds great, but I DON'T want to take Mears this trip. I don't want to be picked up 2 hours earlier than we have to be and take 3 hours to get to our resort once we land! We had decided to do a town car this time. I wish you could still do the baggage check-in and boarding pass part even if you don't take Mears.

tkyes 12-28-2004 02:27 PM

We've taken Mears every trip because it's just DH and I. If we had a group or a large family we would consider a town car. The only thing I don't care for is being picked up so early. It's never taken us long to get to our resort from the airport, definitely not a 3 hour trip. I think the longest we've had to wait for a van was 15 minutes. We've been driven directly to our resort before and once we had to stop at another resort. No big deal really. I don't want to deal with driving or traffic on vacation so that's why we don't rent a car.

Being in a van with a few other people all going to WDW wouldn't be bad. I wouldn't be surprised if they spruce up the vans a little and add some Disney touches to them. Time will tell I guess.

PrincessCandaceMarie 12-28-2004 05:15 PM

3 hours....or one way????

Has anyone found info on the one way option? I've been searching and have found nothing yet....I'd be interested in the one way option also....PM me if you find this out...I appreciate it!!!! :Pinkbounc