The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Have you heard of Disney's New Disney Photo Pass? Pretty Neat!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=690162)

djm99 12-01-2004 09:14 AM

Have you heard of Disney's New Disney Photo Pass? Pretty Neat!!

It has been several months since we reported that Disney had applied for a trademark for something called “PhotoPass”, and over the Thanksgiving Weekend, Disney reportedly launched its PhotoPass service to provide guests with the ability to view, share and order the photos that Disney photographers take of them by going to an online site.

When you have your photos taken, you get a Disney's PhotoPass, a card that has a Web address and a unique 16-digit number printed on it. Go to the Web site and type in the number(s) from your card(s) to see your photos. You may get more than one pass while on vacation, and each pass can “hold” an unlimited amount of photos. Note: As of Sunday morning, the Web site still had a “coming soon” placeholder graphic.

You can use your PhotoPass every time you get your picture taken by a Disney photographer so that you can see all of your vacation photos from all four theme parks at the same time.

If you wish, you can still buy your photos on site for $16.95 for one 5x7 print and four wallet-size prints at:

Magic Kingdom – Town Square Exposition Hall on Main Street USA
Epcot – The Camera Center near Spaceship Earth
Disney-MGM Studios – Cover Story on Hollywood Boulevard
Disney's Animal Kingdom – Garden Gate Gifts in the Oasis
Current pricing for purchase of photos on DisneyPhotoPass.com is:

$12.95 for 5x7 print
$16.95 for 8x10 print
$12.95 for 4 wallet-sized prints
Starting in early February 2005, these additional products are available online:

Disney's PhotoMovie – a one-of-a-kind<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;" onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=DVD&id=19';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> DVD </a>that combines your favorite Disney vacation photos with video clips of Walt Disney World, the Disney characters and exclusive Disney music.
Disney's PhotoBook – a completely customized coffee-table book that preserves your favorite Disney photos in a unique Disney keepsake.
Disney's PhotoPass photographers are available in the following locations (subject to change):

Magic Kingdom – along Main Street U.S.A., Ariel's Grotto and Mickey's Toontown Fair
Epcot – near Spaceship Earth, near the Living Seas entrance and throughout World Showcase, and accompanying various characters at designated meet-and-greet locations in the Park
Disney-MGM Studios – along Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Boulevard, Al's Toy Barn, and Mickey Meet and Greet on Mickey Avenue
Disney's Animal Kingdom – outside the main entrance, the Oasis, Camp Minnie Mickey and the Character Landing

See for yourself at:

Disney's Photo Pass

disneyjunkie 12-01-2004 09:45 AM

I can't wait to try this in April.

WDWorBUST 12-01-2004 10:31 AM

It looks like the site is up and running. Does anyone know how long they will be available online? I had heard 3 days....but I'm not lugging a laptop to WDW strictly for that reason so I won't even be home yet with internet access to see them in 3 days. They really need to have them on there longer. Like 14 - 30 days.

WDWorBUST 12-01-2004 10:34 AM

Cool - here is the information I found about storage of the photos once I dug around on the site a little.

Storage Policy

Photos linked to a Disney's PhotoPass I.D. will be available online the morning after the photos were taken. Guests must claim photos within 30 days from when the photos were taken. Once photos are claimed and associated to a DisneyPhotoPass.com account, they will be available for viewing, sharing and purchasing for 60 days from which the account was created. Photos that have been claimed will be deleted from DisneyPhotoPass.com after 60 days.

Drizzo67 12-14-2004 02:48 PM

I can't wait to try this out during our February 2004 trip. With my laptop I can send Grandma and Papa our photos (to make them jealous, LOL). princess:

wiswellj 12-14-2004 03:09 PM

PhotoPass

We just used it on our trip last week, and it is great. When we got home, we could compare Disney's official pictures to ours and decide which ones we really needed. You can also email access to people, which is great for the grandparents of our eight month old.

HollyJoy 12-14-2004 03:39 PM

It's such a great idea!! We actually ended up with three of them! LOL Took a look at the photos, and they're OKAY... the pics my DH took are better... still, we'll probably order one of the four of us in front of the castle.. of course my daughters were holding Tinkerbell in their hands! ;)

SandrainNC 12-14-2004 03:45 PM

I just wish they would have told us this at the parks when we were there. I had no idea you could do this and it wasn't posted on the board until we came back from our trip. I would go to look at the pictures and the lines were so long I just didn't see most of them. And I threw away my cards!! :sad1: I filled out the information on the website where they try to find your picture, but that is no guarantee with the number of pictures they take. Crossing my fingers! And next time I will know.

Sandra