The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Plan (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Kids Dining with their Grandparents (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3294264)

RedskinFan 06-23-2014 02:56 PM

Kids Dining with their Grandparents

We are traveling with my inlaws in August. We will all be on the DDP but we are in separate rooms/reservations from my inlaws. There will be a few meals where the kids (DS8, DD6) will eat with their grandparents without us there. Will they have any issues using their magic bands to "pay" for their own meals?

ibela 06-23-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedskinFan (Post 51711128)
We are traveling with my inlaws in August. We will all be on the DDP but we are in separate rooms/reservations from my inlaws. There will be a few meals where the kids (DS8, DD6) will eat with their grandparents without us there. Will they have any issues using their magic bands to "pay" for their own meals?

Not sure but wanted to offer an alternative. If it's only for meals and you don't need the MB for FP+ during that timeframe (ex. you + spouse eating romantic dinner while inlaws take kids to dinner, then all meet up for rides etc) I'd give my inlaws one of our MB so they could use the kids' meal credits. Curious to see other responses, not sure I'd want dd8 going on candy overload by using all her snack credits when my back was turned. :lmao: Then again, I'm sure the opportunity wouldn't present itself since she'd never be alone so not an issue for us either way. Interested in the answer...

MakiraMarlena 06-23-2014 03:52 PM

The grandparents can use the kids' bands, but a band from your room/package must be used. The kids can wear their own bands or, if you don't want the kids to have access to their own bands, you can give one of their bands to the grandparents. One band is all it takes.

RedskinFan 06-23-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena (Post 51711593)
The grandparents can use the kids' bands, but a band from your room/package must be used. The kids can wear their own bands or, if you don't want the kids to have access to their own bands, you can give one of their bands to the grandparents. One band is all it takes.

Thanks! I hadn't thought about giving the bands to the grandparents to hold. I was also worried that they wouldn't been willing to pull the meals from the kid's bands and would insist on using an adult band from our room.

RedskinFan 06-23-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibela (Post 51711529)
Not sure but wanted to offer an alternative. If it's only for meals and you don't need the MB for FP+ during that timeframe (ex. you + spouse eating romantic dinner while inlaws take kids to dinner, then all meet up for rides etc) I'd give my inlaws one of our MB so they could use the kids' meal credits. Curious to see other responses, not sure I'd want dd8 going on candy overload by using all her snack credits when my back was turned. :lmao: Then again, I'm sure the opportunity wouldn't present itself since she'd never be alone so not an issue for us either way. Interested in the answer...

We will actually have two sets of bands because we are doing a split stay so we could give the grandparents one of our bands.

I'm not too worried about the kids going crazy with the snack credits, we still have most of our Halloween Candy and we leave that out in the open. Luckily neither of them have much of a sweet tooth. :goodvibes

MakiraMarlena 06-24-2014 09:08 AM

They can pull credits for your reservation from any band assigned to any person on the reservation, including the kids. Just make sure the grandparents know your PIN number because they can't get to the credits for your room without your PIN number.