The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help with Orbitz "Disney Resort Benefits" Reservation! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3290826)

Mandamouse 06-14-2014 09:20 PM

Help with Orbitz "Disney Resort Benefits" Reservation!
 
Hi,

I googled and checked this board and could not find something that completely answers my question. If you have experienced this with Orbitz, please do chime in with anything that could be of help. I REALLY appreciate it!

I booked what I thought was a deal through Orbitz. Until I realized that the room i booked did NOT say "Disney Resort Benefits" in the room listing. I'm not an expert with booking, and I just thought it was a great price so I booked it. (Wilderness Lodge Courtyard View).

Then I went back and looked around still and noticed that there are rooms with two listings - one WITH Disney Resort Benefits and one WITHOUT.

Did I mess things up for my vacation in Sept? I want Magical Express and I want Extra Magic Hours. I always assumed that if you stay at a Disney resort that you will get these benefits no matter where you booked.

I did not book my flight yet, so I can't set up Magical Express anyway...but I'm super nervous and wondering if I should cancel and rebook? Please let me know if you have booked through Orbitz and what I should do.

:thanks:

Shelly F - Ohio 06-14-2014 09:46 PM

Anyone who has booked a room at a Disney owned resort such as the Wilderness Lodge will get all the resort benefits you have mentioned.
Anyone listed on your room reservation will be allowed to use the Disney Magical Express. You will need to call Disney and make the arrangements This is a free service.
Also anyone listed on the room reservation will be able to used the extra magic hours provided you have a park ticket.


And it does not matter how you booked the room you will still be entitled to those perks as long as its a Disney resort. :)

Mandamouse 06-14-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio (Post 51651707)
Anyone who has booked a room at a Disney owned resort such as the Wilderness Lodge will get all the resort benefits you have mentioned.
Anyone listed on your room reservation will be allowed to use the Disney Magical Express. You will need to call Disney and make the arrangements This is a free service.
Also anyone listed on the room reservation will be able to used the extra magic hours provided you have a park ticket.


And it does not matter how you booked the room you will still be entitled to those perks as long as its a Disney resort. :)

Thank you so much for your reply. That gives me relief. I figured this as much but it really puzzled me.

How come there are two different prices?

Example for my stay 9/26-10/04 on Orbitz:
Courtyard View with Free Cancellation: $240/night
Courtyard View with Free Cancellation and Disney Resort Benefits: $344/night

Merandab4 06-15-2014 12:17 AM

Okay that is really weird. I went to Orbitz to see if I could find what you were talking about and I looked up the Disney Resort Benefits (which come with every booking anyway).

I didn't see exactly what you are explaining, but maybe you were looking at Two different room types/views?

I hope Orbitz isn't trying to take advantage of Guests by making them pay for services that are free anyway.

Just out of curiosity, I would call Orbits and ask them what that is all about.

Mandamouse 06-15-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merandab4 (Post 51652440)
Okay that is really weird. I went to Orbitz to see if I could find what you were talking about and I looked up the Disney Resort Benefits (which come with every booking anyway).

I didn't see exactly what you are explaining, but maybe you were looking at Two different room types/views?

I hope Orbitz isn't trying to take advantage of Guests by making them pay for services that are free anyway.

Just out of curiosity, I would call Orbits and ask them what that is all about.

I spoke with Orbitz on the phone and they knew exactly what I was seeing and talking about, and all they told me was that I'm fine, the magical express can be booked online/on the phone when I book my flight yadda yadda. It was almost like they didn't know what to tell me because it was so weird.

Here are some screenshots of what I see when I search for my vacation dates 9/26-10/04

These two options pull up. Same view, just one has Disney Resort Benefits and the other doesn't.

This one pulled up first and the second image pulled up maybe 5 room options under.

http://i.imgur.com/2NJgdCu.png

http://i.imgur.com/owMiAvt.png

I booked the cheaper one last week obviously, with an added discount on top of that...but the whole thing is just making me nervous. I'll probably be more relieved once I make my flight reservations + schedule Magical Express!

ws1995 06-15-2014 01:48 AM

The cheaper rate includes the Disney 30% room only promo. The more expensive one does not. That is the only difference between the two.

Altoqueenkelly 06-15-2014 09:31 AM

Maybe the "resort benefits" means that you can get the DDP ?? Not sure though, I thought you had to book a package through Disney to get that but I could be wrong :goodvibes

thisismyusername 06-15-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ws1995 (Post 51652638)
The cheaper rate includes the Disney 30% room only promo. The more expensive one does not. That is the only difference between the two.

This. Just like Disney, Orbitz only has a limited inventory of rooms that qualify for the promo. The higher priced room is the exact same room, just without the discount. Someone probably just forgot to put the Disney Resort Benefits in under the description when adding it into the computer system. Relax--you got a good deal and will have the same benefits as all other Disney guests.

Mandamouse 06-15-2014 11:04 AM

Thanks for your help everyone! :blush:

TDC Nala 06-15-2014 12:42 PM

Don't call Disney about the DME. Orbitz owns that reservation. Call DME directly. Or you can set it up yourself online. You can link an Orbitz reservation to My Disney Experience if you use the "hotel code" they give you - not the Orbitz code. You can find this code on your reservation, or you can call Orbitz and request the Disney reservation number. Once you link the reservation it is all set up for you to be able to book Fastpass Plus at 60 days out, provided you also have tickets linked to My Disney Experience because you need tickets before you can book fastpasses.

Once you link the reservation you will also be able to order and customize Magic Bands. Remember to change the shipping address to your own, it will default to Orbitz' corporate address.

It is not weird at all. You don't have to pay for DME, you can definitely sign up for it, and you will get your Extra Magic Hours. Once you check in, you are the same as any other Disney resort guest.

One thing you definitely cannot get through Orbitz is the dining plan, because you must have a MYW package reservation to get a dining plan and the third party brokers sell room only, not packages.

Altoqueenkelly 06-15-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 51654517)
One thing you definitely cannot get through Orbitz is the dining plan, because you must have a MYW package reservation to get a dining plan and the third party brokers sell room only, not packages.

That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure. lol.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.