The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Closest grocery store to ssr (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3290613)

bjnickas 06-14-2014 07:49 AM

Closest grocery store to ssr

Is there a walmart or publix near ssr..going next week & dont want to haul all these groceries from SC!

aimeebarb 06-14-2014 08:13 AM

Not sure, but I have heard others mention using gardengrocer.com delivery service. Haven't checked it out, but supposedly not too expensive and they deliver to the room!

disneyfan19712006 06-14-2014 08:41 AM

We Go Shop

You can locate them throgh wegoshop.com

They will shop at the store of your choice.

OKW Lover 06-14-2014 09:33 AM

An easy way to find the nearest grocery store of choice, and get directions, is to go to Google and type in "Supermarket near Disney Saratoga Spring". You'll get a list with maps showing the locations.

Note: do not go to the supermarket in the Crossroads shopping center; its way over priced.

Shelly F - Ohio 06-14-2014 10:09 AM

The nearest one that won't cost you an arm and leg is Super Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd. It is 7 miles from SSR. We have shopped there many times while staying at our home resort SSR. Avoid the Goodings grocery store at the Crossings Shopping center it is VERY expensive!

Here is a link to the Walmart store on Turkey Lake Rd. :)

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/...na+vista%2C+fl

bjnickas 06-14-2014 11:22 AM

Thanks for the suggestipns!

BWVSue 06-14-2014 05:32 PM

There is also a Super Walmart at 3250 Vineland Rd,
Kissimmee , FL 34746. Google Maps says it is 4.4 miles from Saratoga Springs. It is probably more "touristy" than the one on Turkey Lake Rd.

Canadian Disney Mom 06-14-2014 06:57 PM

I think the closest one to SSR is the Winn Dixie on S Apopka Vineland. You just turn left at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd and it is just down the road. Its about a 10 min drive. You could also go the back way using Buena Vista Dr and Winter Garden.

Princess_Nikki 06-14-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjnickas (Post 51647302)
Is there a walmart or publix near ssr..going next week & dont want to haul all these groceries from SC!

Yes! I went to the Publix in Celebration.
29 Blake Blvd (at Water Tower Shoppes), Celebration, FL 34747

So super close to the WDW resort!!! Not sure if that is the CLOSEST grocery store to you, at SSR, but I prefer Publix so I went to that one. :) We also were staying at CBR.

Basically, you leave the WDW resort via Buena Vista Dr, then take a left onto Osceola Pkwy, then a right at the Gaylord Resort (International Drive), then a right onto Blake Blvd. Publix is up about one traffic light on the left.

Laura's Dad 06-14-2014 10:34 PM

When we stayed at the PO resorts we would go to the Winn-Dixie mention before. Since you are at SSR, it would be the second closest (besides the Gooding's tourist trap) and be very convenient. It was a little ways up Apopka-Vineland road on the right. It had normal store prices. We really like Publix but you will have to cross over I-4 to get there.

TowMater92 06-15-2014 12:13 AM

Winn Dixie is the closest. Go to the light at DTD turn left and drive to the cross roads(McD's will be across the light and turn left drive until you see Winn Dixie on your right.:thumbsup2

evaready51 06-15-2014 02:08 PM

We take a cab ($30.00RT) from SSR to the WinnDixie - very, very close,11957 SOUTH APOPKA VINELAND RD...go online & down load their frequent shopper card *& you will also score some savings on your purchases

sparkyboy 06-15-2014 05:49 PM

we have shopped also at Win Dixie. avoid goodings-extremely high priced. you can also use wegoshopping service and I thought prices were reasonable and did not take away from my vacation time.

Disney Frenhines 06-15-2014 05:58 PM

Garden Grocer is very good, as a non driver the Walmart on Vineland is the one I use, there is an Aldi opposite which is cheap, but, not a great deal of choice. Publix by Celebration is also very good, the bakery is fantastic, I can't wait for my next fix of their Blueberry Muffins.

livndisney 06-15-2014 11:52 PM

Goodings-end of Hotel Plaza.
Winn Dixie-follow Hotel Hotel Plaza make left unto 535 about a mile up on the right.
Walmart-follow Hotel Plaza make right unto 535 go under I-4 about 3 miles Walmart on the right.

Local here-I avoid Goodings and Winn Dixie-high prices, bad service. Walmart is ok.

You could also go to Publix there is a nice one on Central Florida Parkway.(Sea World exit off I-4)