The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Reliable DVC Resale companies (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3290337)

MJ6987 06-13-2014 11:09 AM

Reliable DVC Resale companies

Hi,
Can anyone suggest some known reliable companies through which to buy a DVC Resale contract? Or is there a list somewhere on here?

I know that TSS is a favourite on here but what about others?

MinnieMouse100 06-13-2014 11:43 AM

We used the timeshare store and had a great experience with them. There were a few others who we looked at listing with and they just didn't seem to have as much inventory. We also sent an offer in initially with fidelity and It was already sold but they never followed up beyond that. Scott with timeshare store continued to follow up with us after we lost out on our first choice with timeshare store until we found another contract that fit us. I would definitely recommend them.

judydvc 06-13-2014 11:45 AM

I used the Timeshare Store and the staff is very helpful I recommend them highly. They made everything easy.

MinnieMouse100 06-13-2014 11:50 AM

If you subscribe to TSS newsletter you will get new listings daily. They typically have 8-10 new listings every day

MJ6987 06-13-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieMouse100 (Post 51642602)
If you subscribe to TSS newsletter you will get new listings daily. They typically have 8-10 new listings every day

Thanks. Just emailed them!

GOOFY D 06-13-2014 12:24 PM

I have found that Fidelity has the best prices, but also has a $195 admin fee. They also seem to have the most inventory. Customer service with them seems to be somewhat hit or miss at times.

ncurley 06-13-2014 09:41 PM

Is buying directly from a DVC owner possible? (Like for sale by owner with normal real estate). I am wondering why you never see FSBO DVC.

dundey 06-20-2014 01:15 AM

It is possible to buy from an owner, but not very popular for some reason. One place to look is the TUG (timeshare Users Group) marketplace.

We purchased from both TSS and Fidelity with great results, both companies were excellent to work with.

I also had a recent negotiation agreed upon with the seller through DVC by Resale. However the broker refused to use my preferred closing agent, and insisted upon "the one we always use". I said no, and will never deal with them again, since they would not allow me to use a different title company. I wonder if they told the seller why he lost that contract!

summabreeze85 06-30-2014 03:14 PM

Fsbo

I wish these boards or other boards had a FSBO section so we wouldn't have to keep paying the brokers 10% in fees. I don't think a lot of people looking into DVC know about the TUG marketplace

lovinwdw 06-30-2014 03:27 PM

I went through Rachel at DVC Magic Resales. She was a dream to work with!

lovinwdw 06-30-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summabreeze85 (Post 51760790)
I wish these boards or other boards had a FSBO section so we wouldn't have to keep paying the brokers 10% in fees. I don't think a lot of people looking into DVC know about the TUG marketplace

I have never heard of this! Would love to hear more about it!

supersnoop 06-30-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summabreeze85 (Post 51760790)

What benefit is there for a buyer to purchase directly from am owner? A lower price would make ROFR more likely, plus you're relying on someone who doesn't necessarily know the process required to transfer ownership. I'd but a FSBO if I thought I could save money, but, since you really can't, it doesn't seem worth the extra risk or headache.

chalee94 06-30-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersnoop (Post 51761306)
What benefit is there for a buyer to purchase directly from am owner? A lower price would make ROFR more likely, plus you're relying on someone who doesn't necessarily know the process required to transfer ownership. I'd buy a FSBO if I thought I could save money, but, since you really can't, it doesn't seem worth the extra risk or headache.

yep, if the buyer has to pay the same amount regardless, i expect people will trust the timeshare store (for sending a check for thousands of dollars) a whole lot more than they trust "chalee94." i'd love to save the commission, sure, but no one ever offers a rationale for the other side of the transaction.

DisneyGirl 06-30-2014 06:19 PM

FSBO can be advantageous for the same reasons FSBO is advantageous when buying a house. The seller doesn't have to pay broker fees, so presumably, you should be able to negotiate a better price if that savings is split between the seller and the buyer.

vicki_c 06-30-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyGirl (Post 51762261)
FSBO can be advantageous for the same reasons FSBO is advantageous when buying a house. The seller doesn't have to pay broker fees, so presumably, you should be able to negotiate a better price if that savings is split between the seller and the buyer.

But that lower price is exactly the thing that might make it more likely to be taken back by Disney thru ROFR. You don't have that issue in a house purchase. To me, that just adds another element of uncertainty to the process, making it less attractive.